AALIYAHS Hair Regimen (What do you think)

azul11

The hair in my avi isn't hard pressed, just flat ironed, and I get 2 weeks with no reversion. In Georgia. So I know she could probably get even better than that with a professional Marcel press.

I think she had weave for thickness sometimes, but there is no doubt in my mind that she had long, healthy hair.

She was such a beauty. You don't see women like her every day. She was not only beautiful, but she was GRACEFUL. I agree with pp's about her movements. She was very measured and smooth. Nothing was over the top.

Gone too soon.

Why are people disputing whether or not she added tracks 2 her hair? That was ALREADY ESTABLISHED...even in the OP. The point was she had long hair. She added tracks to enhance it but her real hair was also long. As another poster has shown she always had long hair. A lot of celebs with already long hair add tracks for more thickness and/or length. Yall are on LHCF, you know good and well the lengths people can achieve in a couple years. And they are regular, non-celebs at that.

Why do we have to rock the boat about her race? We keep going back and forth......We need a resolution. That's all I will say on this subject. I'm not trying to write a 4 page letter.
If you all still want to get up in her phenotype/genotype, then don't know what to tell ya

THANK YOU
southernbella Afrobuttafly lesedi Kurlee

Kurlee You said all I wanted to say PLUS with pictures!
:giveheart:GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

Stepiphanie

Smh at this whole thread. Aaliyah was beautiful and very talented, definitely an icon in her own rights and gone way too soon. Yes her hair was gorgeous, whether it was always all hers on not is frankly irrelevant. As is comparing her to today's popular artists, and the other foolywang people getting all heated about.

AwesomelyNappy

Wow. i just clicked and skimmed thru thread, didn't expect to see the thread go into race, and nose shots... (but then again... i guess i should have). I just want to say that i miss aaliyah and i loved her hair. Real or partially real, it was always a hairspiration of mine.

belldandy

you know, i started a thread dedicated to her on the "other" forum and I was totally shot down. i am irked. aaliyah was a huge hair inspiration of mine!!!

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
Funny how people are talking about her hair length and if she wore tracks, but if she had a choice to return to this earth for a little while longer (especially given how she died), her hair length would probably be the last thing on her mind.

Given a zombie apocalypse where Aaliyah, Tupac and Biggie all returned, I could totally see hair being the last thing on her mind.

I must admit that under those circumances not would I not be thinking about her hair, I wouldn't even think about if she'd be dropping a new album.

:look:

HighAspirations

Why does it matter that she's mixed. That's like making an excuse for her hair. There is more than one shade of black. Aren't we on LHCF to show that black women can grow long hair. Then we try to find reasons for women who never used the forum by saying its just genes she's mixed she can do that. Your just supporting what we've been trying so hard to go against

Tiye

In the Black Hair Magazines, she explained that Relaxers/Perms broke off her hair, so she pressed, blow-dried, shampooed, & conditioned her hair every 10 days. She also took Vitamins & wrapped her hair nightly. & also she did add in extensions during tours, & music videos due to the stress put on her hair by constantly pressing it.
I skipped to the last page. I remember saying people were probably sitting in Aaliyah's funeral arguing about whether it was her real hair or not. That's a bit over the top. A lot of entertainers have the same regimen as Aaliyah. They will tell you that they wear extensions or wigs "only to keep the stress of their hair" for performances, never because they like them. The thing is that most of the time when we see them they are on their way to or from an appearance. Most entertainers don't go out in the street au naturale if they know their image is going to end up in the media so they put on makeup ... and a wig or they have their extra hair in. That's the business. So unless you are a close personal friend of the entertainer, you may never know what "their real hair" looks like. Someone knowledgeable about hair PR said celebs and celeb stylists always claim to be natural unless they rep for a brand of relaxer.

Last edited:

AfrikanRose

Can we just let the girl rest? Suffice it to say, she never looked tore up, she was beautiful, talented enough to sell records and still have her music played after all these years. There are so many artists out right now (artist is loosely used here) who can't sing, look like they don't bathe, and need an entire team to make them not look raggedy. Does it matter in the end what her hair looked like? It wasn't ragged, and with enough attention regardless of regimen, no one's has to be.

*CherryPie*

Wow! Y'all are obsessed!

That girl was not perfect. She had some catchy tunes, but her voice was only "Okay. And she had weave just like the rest of them. Some of y'all sound really scary with obsession.

caribeandiva

Human being
Why do we have to rock the boat about her race? We keep going back and forth......We need a resolution. That's all I will say on this subject. I'm not trying to write a 4 page letter.
If you all still want to get up in her phenotype/genotype, then don:lachen:'t know what to tell ya

Wittiest thing i've read in a long time.. :lachen:

MizzKutieQ

Aaliyah was black! That's the thing about black women, we come in different shapes,sizes, and with varies hair lengths. Some ladies should understand, black women can have long hair and while it's flattering for someone to think we're mixed it also proves how beautiful we black women are despite what the media thinks. The media likes to portray any beautiful black woman as being mixed they can't just be plain old' black. People always ask me am I mixed I proudly say "Nope all black!"

The Princess

summerof1990 said:
didn't mean mixed by two different race parents i meant u could tell she had some type of mixture but she still is black......

I was wondering why you quoted yourself as well.

Nina_1987

Am I the only one that laughed when I saw the first picture. That's the same face I've seen every woman make when there is a heat tool in their face.. What a nice pictures, I really miss her.

I dunno, her hair looks pretty real to me. I don't understand why it's so hard to believe that her hair was real when she always had long hair, even as a kid. I wear weaves to give my hair a rest/protective styling and my real hair is almost waist length. I press it out and it looks relaxed. I don't get it.

lesedi

All is well with me
Aaliyah was black! That's the thing about black women, we come in different shapes,sizes, and with varies hair lengths. Some ladies should understand, black women can have long hair and while it's flattering for someone to think we're mixed it also proves how beautiful we black women are despite what the media thinks. The media likes to portray any beautiful black woman as being mixed they can't just be plain old' black. People always ask me am I mixed I proudly say "Nope all black!"

:nono::nono:

Kindheart

dont ever talk about beyonce! shes the air I breathe, she doesnt know me and doesnt care about me and only my money but i will stand up for her no matter what!! even when a stranger online comes at her!!!!!!!!

SIKE, i could give two craps about her lol. just giving you a taste of what your gonna get for saying that :lol:

Lmao my first thought was :"how friggin pathetic" ahhahah
Aliyah was such a Gorgeous woman ,i still love her ,she wasn't the best singer in the world but she was good enough for the entertainment biz and millions fans.:)

MizzKutieQ

lesedi said:

The reason why I said it's flattering is because that's usually an ignorant persons way of saying you're attractive. I've heard a lot of people praise about how they want mixed children because they're guaranteed to be cute stuff like that. So I'm not saying it's flattering because I prefer to be mixed, I take it as ignorant folks way of saying 'you're pretty' or they're just nosey. That's why I say no let them know I'm black and KIM.

Last edited:

lesedi

All is well with me
The reason why I said it's flattering is because that's usually an ignorant persons way of saying you're attractive. I've heard a lot of people praise about how they want mixed children because they're guaranteed to be cute stuff like that. So I'm not saying it's flattering because I prefer to be mixed, I take it as ignorant folks way of saying 'you're pretty' or they're just nosey. That's why I say no let them know I'm black and KIM.
MizzKutieQ
OK i hear you. I side-eyed you for a minute.
But the truth is there are a lot of black people who think it is a compliment.
My cousin is sleeping with this dog-ugly Afrikaner in the hopes she gets a Nahla baby.

Last edited:

Mz.MoMo5235

@MizzKutieQ
OK i hear you. I side-eyed you for a minute.
But the truth is there are a lot of black people who think it is a compliment.
My cousin is sleeping with this dog-ugly Afrikaner in the hopes she gets a Nahla baby.

Ughh... Dont she know not all "mixed" people cute?!?!? And if you're with an ugly person, chances are the baby might be cute, but when the baby grows up, its gonna look just like its agly arse daddy.

So sad I know people like that too. Hot arse mess

lesedi

All is well with me
Ughh... Dont she know not all "mixed" people cute?!?!? And if you're with an ugly person, chances are the baby might be cute, but when the baby grows up, its gonna look just like its agly arse daddy.

So sad I know people like that too. Hot arse mess

She just wants some babies with that 'water and gel' hair with the baby hurr.
If you are light and 'good haired' you are automatically cute. Duh!!!!

Get the memo Mz.MoMo5235 !