2013 - Christian Random Thoughts Thread

LifeafterLHCF

Why do only old people like me and get me? Why can't my age of people get me? I swear I will have to marry a old man to get a husband who gets my beauty. So sad.

LoveisYou

Happy Birthday BrandNew!!!!! I hope you are having a blessed and wonderful birthday. May God continue to bless and grant you favor in all that you do!!!

LucieLoo12

God is my resting place. He is teaching me to hide in his presence. When I am in times of need, I run to Him and he comforts me. Even though I getting married their is truly no love like God's love. No greater love. My first love. My faithful love.

MrsHaseeb

God is my resting place. He is teaching me to hide in his presence. When I am in times of need, I run to Him and he comforts me. Even though I getting married their is truly no love like God's love. No greater love. My first love. My faithful love.

Amen.

Sent from my 4G HTC Thunderbolt using LHCF

AtlantaJJ

I woke up in the middle of the night with this Scripture on my heart.

Matthew 11:28-30 - (NASB)
28 “Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.

JaneBond007

It works a little differently in the catholic world...but I do comprehend the protestant stance on this and this is a sweet story.

Somebody, a father of a 3 year old daughter, called into K-Love today, choking back tears on his story. He was on the way to take his little girl to preschool. Since they regularly listen to this christian radio programming, the three year old asked her dad about something she regularly heard,

"Daddy, people talk about getting saved. What does that mean?"

"Well, it means that people gave their hearts to Jesus."

"Daddy, I want to give my heart to Jesus too."

3 years old. What a precious gift for that man today.

MrsHaseeb

2 John 1:8 KJV
Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.

menina

Believing the book of Revelations
So many things going on in the world make more sense when looking at it biblically/spiritually. :yep:

Nice Lady

Spring cleaning for the spirit means so many different things and dropping things that weren't habits beforehand that are hampering our growth and happiness.

After all, Lord, you want us to have a John 10:10 on Earth.

Leigh

Isaiah 41:17-18

When the poor and needy seek water, and there is none, and their tongue faileth for thirst, I the Lord will hear them, I the God of Israel will not forsake them. I will open rivers in high places, and fountains in the midst of the valleys: I will make the wilderness a pool of water, and the dry land springs of water.

Iwanthealthyhair67

You Shall Have What You Say...but make certain that your sayings line of with what the word says...

Death and life are in the power of the tongue.” Proverbs 18:21

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
So is it un-Christian like to come to work, do my job, then leave for the day? I speak to my co-workers when necc, but I don't feel the need to go to lunch with them or tell them details about my life. I say good morning or good evening, but other than that I just want to do my work and be left alone. I've seen a lot of lying and back-stabbing so I try to keep to myself. Just wondering if it's wrong to isolate myself while at work? Hmmmm

Sosa

GOD IS SO GOOD!!!!!!

good (definition)- of a FAVORABLE CHARACTER or TENDENCY; of the HIGHEST WORTH or RELIABILITY.

Yes, He is awesome...that's true. But woman, He is also just SOOO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kwim? :yep:

ETA: Nevermind me, God just showed/reminded me that He is a Good God. He has been so good to me...always...everytime...without fail...without reason...without cause. He is good because...well, HE IS GOOD.

Last edited:

LifeafterLHCF

Ok I need to get this out. I'm conflicted about my music. When I workout I like to hear my hard music. Well about a week ago I deleted all rap music from my computer,Ipod and trashed all cd's. I notice my push for my workout isn't as hard when I'm listening to say gospel. It just doesn't give me the same push instead I feel like waving hands and such. That's not good when I'm lifting 55lbs overhead. I know there is nothing in the bible that states one must listen to xyz to be holy. I know that all things are permit-able but not all things are good. The music doesn't put me in a dirty mind set or anything either so I'm conflicted. When I'm in cycle she plays me music and I push beyond measure. Hood music has it's purposes lol. Ok now off to take a nap.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Meditating on this:

Philippians 4:11
Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content.

I'm happy and content today because God's purpose for me is already in progress. Being content doesn't mean I don't want more from Abba Father. It just means I don't demand more from Him. If anyone should demand more, it's Him. I'm listening.... :yep:

HeChangedMyName

Ok I need to get this out. I'm conflicted about my music. When I workout I like to hear my hard music. Well about a week ago I deleted all rap music from my computer,Ipod and trashed all cd's. I notice my push for my workout isn't as hard when I'm listening to say gospel. It just doesn't give me the same push instead I feel like waving hands and such. That's not good when I'm lifting 55lbs overhead. I know there is nothing in the bible that states one must listen to xyz to be holy. I know that all things are permit-able but not all things are good. The music doesn't put me in a dirty mind set or anything either so I'm conflicted. When I'm in cycle she plays me music and I push beyond measure. Hood music has it's purposes lol. Ok now off to take a nap.

Try some "holy hip hop" . Lacrae is good, so is Da Truth, Canton Jones.. Mary Mary has done like up beat tunes. Kiera Sheard....uhm, thats ali can think of off the top if my head.

Sent from somewhere over the rainbow

LifeafterLHCF

Praise God for being so loving. I was emailing a friend from my Steps class and she shared her testimony. Lord is great. Even in what seems like a terrible life God is still managing it all. This is awesome to me. I'm so happy to be going through this process because it's really opening my eyes to alot of things. In my abusive pass I allowed myself to fix what only God can fix. I used being beaten and done wrong as a excuse to behave badly. Jesus knows what abuse feels like. But he didn't sin. I'm thankful for my pastor and the teachings because it just busted some things wide open. Bringing things to the surface and being opened so they can air out is a blessing. That way they can be used again and refilled properly.

LoveisYou

Try some "holy hip hop" . Lacrae is good, so is Da Truth, Canton Jones.. Mary Mary has done like up beat tunes. Kiera Sheard....uhm, thats ali can think of off the top if my head.

Sent from somewhere over the rainbow

Huge Lecrae fan here....boasting, just like you, and don't waste your life are my jams

LifeafterLHCF

He has risen!!!!!

Reading Matt 27-28 I can so see the images and feel the rawness of Jesus while going through the most horrid abuse. Thank you God for sending your kid to die a great feat that no one but him could do. God you are the truth and the light and the definition of love. We can't even articulate how good your love is.

divya

THERE IS A FOUNTAIN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eu9aJfwVCI0

There is a fountain filled with blood drawn from Emmanuel’s veins;
And sinners plunged beneath that flood lose all their guilty stains.
Lose all their guilty stains, lose all their guilty stains;
And sinners plunged beneath that flood lose all their guilty stains.

The dying thief rejoiced to see that fountain in his day;
And there have I, though vile as he, washed all my sins away.
Washed all my sins away, washed all my sins away;
And there have I, though vile as he, washed all my sins away.

Dear dying Lamb, Thy precious blood shall never lose its power
Till all the ransomed church of God be saved, to sin no more.
Be saved, to sin no more, be saved, to sin no more;
Till all the ransomed church of God be saved, to sin no more.

E’er since, by faith, I saw the stream Thy flowing wounds supply,
Redeeming love has been my theme, and shall be till I die.
And shall be till I die, and shall be till I die;
Redeeming love has been my theme, and shall be till I die.

Then in a nobler, sweeter song, I’ll sing Thy power to save,
When this poor lisping, stammering tongue lies silent in the grave.
Lies silent in the grave, lies silent in the grave;
When this poor lisping, stammering tongue lies silent in the grave.

Lord, I believe Thou hast prepared, unworthy though I be,
For me a blood bought free reward, a golden harp for me!
’Tis strung and tuned for endless years, and formed by power divine,
To sound in God the Father’s ears no other name but Thine.