2013 - Christian Random Thoughts Thread

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:12-13

Amein~

LifeafterLHCF

Alright PastorLaela. Why you have to put that verse out there. Let me get the organ started and usher plates going. That's a verse I really studied while being unemployed.

MrsHaseeb

I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength.
– Philippians 4:12-13

Amein~

This word was for me and it was right on time... Literally.

Iwanthealthyhair67

1 Peter 3:12 For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, And His ears are open to their prayers; But the face of the Lord is against those who do evil."

Laela

Amein~ It's funny you say this, GM, because that verse is what's on the cover of my checkbook... :lol: thanks for the smile today... lol

Alright PastorLaela. Why you have to put that verse out there. Let me get the organ started and usher plates going. That's a verse I really studied while being unemployed.

AtlantaJJ

Galatians 5:19-21 - The Message (MSG)
19-21 It is obvious what kind of life develops out of trying to get your own way all the time: repetitive, loveless, cheap sex; a stinking accumulation of mental and emotional garbage; frenzied and joyless grabs for happiness; trinket gods; magic-show religion; paranoid loneliness; cutthroat competition; all-consuming-yet-never-satisfied wants; a brutal temper; an impotence to love or be loved; divided homes and divided lives; small-minded and lopsided pursuits; the vicious habit of depersonalizing everyone into a rival; uncontrolled and uncontrollable addictions; ugly parodies of community. I could go on.

This isn’t the first time I have warned you, you know. If you use your freedom this way, you will not inherit God’s kingdom.
This word is real and straight, no chaser! It sums up the way to not to live perfectly! Looking back, I would have been well served to take this to heart when I was 14 years old. BUT better late than never Praise God! :yep:

Last edited:

Iwanthealthyhair67

"For The Eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is loyal to Him."
2 Chronicles 16:9 NKJV

Laela

The wind blows where it wills, and you hear the sound thereof, but can not tell from where it came, and where it goes: so is everyone that is born of the Spirit. - John 3:8

LifeafterLHCF

I'm tired physically and mentally. I need to learn to take in God's rest and to be ok with resting. I often times don't feel good to take a rest. It's not healthy at all.

AtlantaJJ

This Scripture was on my heart this morning:

Matthew 11:28-30 - New Living Translation (NLT)
28 Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.

LifeafterLHCF

Went to the Christian book store for tee shirts. It got like crazy packed. Since I had so much stuff from clearance and didn't know prices I wanted to go last and let lots of folks go head. This one person was left and I was like go ahead. He was like no you waited and was gracious to all those folks and we saw you in line before us, so we will wait no matter how long it takes. I never think being patient for others meant a thing but I guess it does. I just didn't want anyone to wait for the poor little black girl with a basket of clearance items trying to decide if I can buy the items. Lord your lessons are really getting me.

LifeafterLHCF

The devil isn't happy with me at all. He is attacking my mind and body right now majorly. I know at times it gets worst before it gets better. This is one of those times. I feel so much constant struggle within. Today I helped out at a outreach event and almost left. I just felt like the things I was taught growing up that whites don't like you and you are inferior to them were just capitalized on today. I lead up a group of 18 middle school girls. I thought they were going to stick their noses in the air and not listen. They did just the opposite. All the other people were just nice and didn't seem to even blink that I was black. Then I got home to find out my ac unit has been broken for the last week and that is why my light bill for one week was 300 and that a site I cancelled had charged me again. I am thankful it didn't make my credit card go over.

Right now I feel this pressure to just stay at home and quit. Just quit going to recovery,quit going to home group,quit going to church,the gym,work and just check out. This scares me because I wonder how much more pressure will come. I will keep studying my word and praying and attempting to reach out to people while I go through this time.

HeChangedMyName

The devil isn't happy with me at all. He is attacking my mind and body right now majorly. I know at times it gets worst before it gets better. This is one of those times. I feel so much constant struggle within. Today I helped out at a outreach event and almost left. I just felt like the things I was taught growing up that whites don't like you and you are inferior to them were just capitalized on today. I lead up a group of 18 middle school girls. I thought they were going to stick their noses in the air and not listen. They did just the opposite. All the other people were just nice and didn't seem to even blink that I was black. Then I got home to find out my ac unit has been broken for the last week and that is why my light bill for one week was 300 and that a site I cancelled had charged me again. I am thankful it didn't make my credit card go over.

Right now I feel this pressure to just stay at home and quit. Just quit going to recovery,quit going to home group,quit going to church,the gym,work and just check out. This scares me because I wonder how much more pressure will come. I will keep studying my word and praying and attempting to reach out to people while I go through this time.
I'm praying for you. I bind that spirit of depression in the name of Jesus. Lord father God release GoddessMaker from the grip of this spirit. Release angels to give her peace and rest. I am standing in the gap for you GoddessMaker . Lord God I know that you are able. Thank you God for the release of your daughter and for the binding of the spirits trying to keep her from you. In your son Jesus' name Amen

LifeafterLHCF

God bless you HeChangedMyName! All I can do right now is pray and reach out. I know the devil wants me to remain quite and just suffer quietly. I know that everything is so new to me in my experiences. Just got to keep fighting.

Laela

It's good to stay encouraged by those who choose to speak LIFE to us, despite our circumstances....

Enjoying this lovely tune today HOSANNA :love2:

sweetvi

Galatians 6:7-11
New International Version (NIV)
7*Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. 8*Whoever sows to please their flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. 9*Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. 10*Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.

LifeafterLHCF

On the way to cycle class I was a bit flustered with folks who don't know how to signal on the freeway. I swear in a blink of a eye all I know I started screaming because someone had a accident in the next lane. I mean we were in traffic and boom. I cried and screamed because that could have been me now that section is going to be forever in my mind. Then I had calmed a bit and saw another much larger accident where many folks where on the side of the road pulled over to help. I was so shocked. I just kept grabbing at my cross on my next. God is in control. So many times we do things that could cause some major issues and it doesn't and that is God. Folks wake up and pay attention. Life can change in a instant.

Renewed1

No weapon formed against me shall prosper.

I am at the end of the tunnel I see the light.

But I am in perfect peace and trust in my Lord. I will be the victor.

Bye bye!

LifeafterLHCF

I really love my home group. We can be so honest with one another. The sermon today really challenged me to talk a step of faith and go deeper with people. We are called to action ladies. Prayer,empathy,and action. Be a solution to someones prayers in your life today. Someone having some problems and you can help help them. Stop waiting. God placed you there for such a thing. God your awesome and amazing. Let me get to my bible reading.

LoveisYou

There will be times when we will have to go through valleys before God takes us to the next level. Sometimes these valleys are there to humble us or build our character or test us or........keep your faith in the valley.

Iwanthealthyhair67

CHECK YOUR WORK

I'm getting pretty good at math.That's because some days my grandson Duran and I have a little math session. He does his math problems, and I help him check them over.

As I go over Duran's math, I notice that he understands how to do his problems. In fact, in some area's he's better at it than I am. But occasionally, despite knowing how to do the problem, he gets the wrong answer. He either gets a little sloppy in using the right formula or he doesn't check his answer carefully.

Aren't we all a little like that in our Christian life? We have a good understanding of how to live the Christian life, but we get careless or lazy. We know better, but we fail.

For instance, we know we aren't supposed to gossip. But before we know it, we're roasting a fellow Christian. Or this:we know God wants us to keep our mind and heart pure, but we let down our guard and watch a TV program or movie we know is not edifying.

It's true, isn't it? We all get a little sloppy in how we live for God. Let's be more careful and pay closer attention to our Christian walk. Let's make sure we're doing quality work for our heavenly Father.

Lord, help me to apply Your Word, and move it from my head.
To actions that won't shame your Name but honor You instead.

Scripture Text: Ephesians 5:15 - See that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise.