Curls Passion Fruit Curl Control Paste

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
I never came back to post my thoughts from my gym experience.

It didn't survive my spin class sweats! :lol:
I like the smell but I prefer the Hicks Edges for performance. I gave my jar of Curls to my hairdresser. I figure he can use it since he deals with so many hair textures. It's still a good product but again, Hicks performs better.

JBunnie

kupenda, my parents are from the Caribbean and I know Passion Fruit. so I smelled it and felt so slighted!!! LOL And dammit!!!! why did you have to say that about the Oyin burnt sugar pomade? It was on my list but I had forgotten about it but now my interest has resurged!!!

Guinan

Re-Branding
Anyone still using this products? Any new updates? I plan on using this pomade when I install my sengelese twists next week. How is it with synthetic hair?

TIA!

crlsweetie912

I loved this stuff...I went on a long bunning stretch and this was a lifesaver for me. And a little goes a long way. But a few months ago it started making my scalp itch something awful. I wanna buy another jar so bad cause NOTHING lays my edges like this.....blows the ors and creme of nature pomades out of the water!!

Embyra

I like it a lot and it's easier for me to get than the syntonics one

Think syntonics smooths my hair out more though

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
I love this stuff! I started using it when I was transitioning and I'm still using it over a year later.

kupenda

Still loving mine. I get better results on dry hair. Turns it all shiny and wavy and glossy. But I don't use it when I expect to get sweaty at all. It becomes oily

BeautifulRoots

Thinking of trying this product. Has anyone experienced buildup using this product? I notice with many pomades I can only use it once, maybe twice before there's tons of product buildup on my hair. Also has anyone used it on twists or braids?

krissyhair

Thinking of trying this product. Has anyone experienced buildup using this product? I notice with many pomades I can only use it once, maybe twice before there's tons of product buildup on my hair. Also has anyone used it on twists or braids?
I suggest being light handed.

I used a hefty dolop on dry hair, and it behaved like glue.

Any other time with a lighter hand, it works great!

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
@HISdaughter

My experience:

I have to use it on freshly washed hair. Any other time, I get buildup because it doesn't play well with other products. So, it's the only edge control I can use until the next wash day.

Being light handed helps.

Using water to re-activate it vs adding more paste is good too.

I use a water based mosturizer before applying the paste - preferably a spray. It helps the product glide onto my hair.