Dr. Drew's Life Changers - Black Hair

naturalmanenyc

"Good Hair" discussion on Dr. Drew, feat. Kim Coles and YouTuber Himay10nence

http://ow.ly/7r6qR

Airs next week 11/15
http://www.lctv.com/episodes/good-hair-debate-part-1-and-2/

As I have said before, I'm glad that she is becoming so popular. She is extremely bright, seems like a good mom and she is brutally honest (which I prefer). I subscribed to her in 2009 and have seen most of her videos, the majority of which are not about hair.

I always was afraid she would wreck while trying to make videos and drive. For a long time she would not wear her seat belt and a lot of posters convinced her to start using it.

If she had a t.v. show, I'd watch it. She is down to earth, to me, and her use of profanity does not bother me. In fact, she only tends to use profanity when upset rather than just in her day to day talking to her subscribers.

She is right about natural hair, having been natural herself off and on for over 20 years. It is a learning process and if you do not have the time to learn to care for it, it can be a pain to deal with.

I like her sister too (YouTube - JhenelleDeNa HAIR Experience! 3-15-10) and found her first. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCoAXB3rqXc

Last edited:

sistatv

From that clip it seems clear that they are editing the show clips for shock value and ratings.

I can't stand Dr. Drew...

BostonMaria

Wow I can't believe that YouTuber got on Dr Drew! I wonder if she'll swear at him LOL I'm sure he asked her to come on for shock value. I have to watch this.

Sent from my fancy iPhone using LHCF

faithVA

This thread should be off the chain. Will it get locked on Tuesday? Will have to wait and see. Subscribing.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I'm not hip and don't watch Youtube videos often... who is Himay10nence and why does bringing her up have potential lock-ablity?

Tiye

I'm not hip and don't watch Youtube videos often... who is Himay10nence and why does bringing her up have potential lock-ablity?

For example ... see http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=579719

wth?! is that that chick from youtube?! she dont even be havin that many views tho... i'm dumbfounded

She said she's been doing speaking engagements (I'm a subscriber).

Besides you don't need that many views - you just need Dr Drew or a staffer to watch.

The show should be interesting.

I didn't realize any thread's about Himay (I don't know how to spell the rest of it) had been locked.

LovelyNaps26

...with surprise guest Nikki Dior.

LovelyNaps26

I mean not Curly Nikki? I know not everyone is a fan but c'mon not Kimmaytube? He wants black women to duke it out and knows that some of the well known youtubers/bloggers won't fit the bill. smh.

hola_lo2002

You know what? I'm only asking myself 1 question. I don't see caucasian women talk bad or classify certain types of hair among them, so why should we??? Hair is just hair and we should all embrace what we have no matter what

Theresamonet

You know what? I'm only asking myself 1 question. I don't see caucasian women talk bad or classify certain types of hair among them, so why should we??? Hair is just hair and we should all embrace what we have no matter what

They have it bad with the blond vs brunette vs the red head step child, though.

They don't have nearly as much diversity as far as hair textures as we do. If they did, I'm sure they'd have many of our issues. I don't think it's fair to compare us to caucasian women.

Raspberry

They have it bad with the blond vs brunette vs the red head step child, though.

They don't have nearly as much diversity as far as hair textures as we do. If they did, I'm sure they'd have many of our issues. I don't think it's fair to compare us to caucasian women.

True. Also it's fairly easy for white women with waves and curls hair to keep their hair straightened on a daily basis, of course you see some damage with heat and dyes (actually if you pay attention you'll notice a lot of damaged Caucasian hair on a daily basis) but they can still retain length overall.. just not the same level of cultural baggage or frustration with hair.

Kimgirl50

LMAOOO. Right on time ironic
I guess the best revenge Is success.

ETA: but this is soo weird. She said it herself she's not a hair person. I mean does she even have tuts

Last edited: