Fall/Winter Wash n go challenge

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Latest wash n go in my siggy. i was experimenting with products and got this cool hair shot

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
Mz.MoMo5235 sorry this happened to you. I hated burned ends on my braids when I get them. I am always very adamant that they cannot burn them. The last time I got my hair braided throughout the braid session I kept telling her I didn't want my ends burned. Wouldn't you know it that when she was done braiding she picked up the lighter I jumped up and said very loudly and clearly I don't want it burned. She ended up just boiling water and dipping them. I'm not sure you can do anything once you've gotten them burned though. You may want to go back to braider to see if she has a solution.

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
I used the coconut curling cream for my wash n go. I didn't take pictures before I went to gym so this is my hair after the gym.

Attachments

• image-2886861350.jpg
    image-2886861350.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 94
  • image-4193671472.jpg
    image-4193671472.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 92

Mz.MoMo5235

Mz.MoMo5235 sorry this happened to you. I hated burned ends on my braids when I get them. I am always very adamant that they cannot burn them. The last time I got my hair braided throughout the braid session I kept telling her I didn't want my ends burned. Wouldn't you know it that when she was done braiding she picked up the lighter I jumped up and said very loudly and clearly I don't want it burned. She ended up just boiling water and dipping them. I'm not sure you can do anything once you've gotten them burned though. You may want to go back to braider to see if she has a solution.

Lol yes ma'am, turns out that was my answer all along. I had to remind her I'm a little hood despite my job lol but I just got home and my hair is fixed.

The more I looked for answers the angrier I got... then I called her. She was trying to put it on me at first and I snapped like a twig.

Sent from my SPH-L300 using LHCF please ignore typos

beauti

I used Garnier fructis pure clean gel :sekret: made my hair feel really nice and sleek...still wet.I washed this morning. My curls are popping! Buuut... I don't think I can wear a wash and go with my hair loose right now. My hair is really growing so the shape has changed. Will just wear it up until everything evens up

Attachments

• 2014-10-27 12.41.24.jpg
    2014-10-27 12.41.24.jpg
    292.8 KB · Views: 122

bronzephoenix

Nice to see you ladies still going strong! My wng has gotten a bit easier with the introduction of aloe Vera gel. Although I love my fsg to death, it dries soooo slowly. I've been getting good enough results with avg to continue using it throughout the remainder of the cold season.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

bronzephoenix

Am I the only one that gets ridiculously hideous hair whenever I diffuse?!

I've tried it a few times when in a hurry & hated it. My hair dries sort of brittle feeling with double the shrinkage and 1/2 the definition... I'm thinking that since the airflow is going against the direction of the cuticles of the hair shaft it roughs it up a bit...? *shrug* I want a hooded dryer but now I'm a bit unsure... I would hope the results mimic air dying. Air drying is my boo.

Recent (airdried) 2nd day wng.
image-1011680249.jpg

ckisland

I've tried it a few times when in a hurry & hated it. My hair dries sort of brittle feeling with double the shrinkage and 1/2 the definition... I'm thinking that since the airflow is going against the direction of the cuticles of the hair shaft it roughs it up a bit...? *shrug* I want a hooded dryer but now I'm a bit unsure... I would hope the results mimic air dying. Air drying is my boo.

You are not alone!!! I tried twice like you, and my hair ended up being a lumpy, jacked up mess :nono:. I did see a video by African Export (I think) where she diffused by stretching her hair down while pressing the diffuser against the hair. That whole bunching your hair up against your head that I see chicks with loose curls do is not for type 4 hair :lol:!!

I loved using my bonnet dryer to quick dry my wash n'gos. I always ended up with a little extra hangtime that way :yep:

Joigirl

You are not alone!!! I tried twice like you, and my hair ended up being a lumpy, jacked up mess :nono:. I did see a video by African Export (I think) where she diffused by stretching her hair down while pressing the diffuser against the hair. That whole bunching your hair up against your head that I see chicks with loose curls do is not for type 4 hair :lol:!! I loved using my bonnet dryer to quick dry my wash n'gos. I always ended up with a little extra hangtime that way :yep:

I have to diffuse with my hair hanging down and I dare not touch it or I end up with frizz. I only diffuse with cool air. It gives my hair more body, but it does get drier a little earlier than if I air dry.

faithVA

Recent (airdried) 2nd day wng.
View attachment 281499

That is so, so cute. I love it.

Joigirl

I used Curl Junkie Coffee Coco Creme and Curls in a Bottle for this WNG. Front looks okay, but the back won't last more than a couple of days. I'm trying to get through more of the products in my stash. This was a new combo. I didn't care for them much individually.

Attachments

• image-214021649.jpg
    image-214021649.jpg
    431.3 KB · Views: 115
  • image-1012075342.jpg
    image-1012075342.jpg
    407.7 KB · Views: 112

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
Here is my sad little tree branch lol. A single braid on a shrunken wash and go. I will have to try this on freshly detangled hair and see if I can get some more length

Joigirl

I washed and restyled my hair last night and noticed a lit of single strand knots. I decided to trim about a half an inch to combat the knots. I may have to change up my regimen and incorporate more oil rinsing to try to reduce the knots. Anyone else dealing with this issue?

Karmi

I washed and restyled my hair last night and noticed a lit of single strand knots. I decided to trim about a half an inch to combat the knots. I may have to change up my regimen and incorporate more oil rinsing to try to reduce the knots. Anyone else dealing with this issue?

I have tons! But I'm pretty sure I got them from trying to find a good shampoo. Nothing (nothing!) seems to work for as far shampooing. I'm trimming this weekend.

krissyhair

I'm not getting as many single strand knots as I am getting double strand knots. Either two strands stuck together by a tiny knot, or a shed hair that attached to a non shed hair and won't let go. I would like to cut them when it happens but I often don't have scissors and rip it instead.

Joigirl

I have tons! But I'm pretty sure I got them from trying to find a good shampoo. Nothing (nothing!) seems to work for as far shampooing. I'm trimming this weekend.

I read that washing in sections helps too. I will try this too now that my hair is getting longer.

knt1229

I am a 4a/b and do wash n' gos everyday. I re-wet and reapply product. BUT, I don't shingle it in. I just rake it through. I use whatever I have on hand. Currently, I am using the Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie and the Silk Elements Curl Pudding. Some days I just use a conditioner like Alberto V05 Passion Fruit Smoothie. It's cheap but it works on my hair and defines my curls. I don't usually use gel but I have in the past and I don't like the crunchy hair I get. My hair gets crunchy with gel even when I apply oil over it or under it.

The one problem I have with wash n go's is how dry my hair feels once it finishes air drying. It doesn't look dry but it feels that way. Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie makes my hair feel soft and touchable and I loved the way it looked but a close friend said she thought it looked dry. Also, I would love a bit of body to my wash n go hair after it dries. Don't know if that's possible considering my texture.

All in all I really like the ease of wash n go's. I don't layer on products and it only takes me a 10-15 minutes to do my hair. The ease and convenience for a great hair do is awesome. At night, I section my hair and twist it. Then, cover it with a silk scarf and satin bonnet. I usually detangle with a wide tooth comb once a week, but, finger tangle most days.

The longest layers in my hair are BSL/MBL (don't measure my hair so I don't really know but my hair is definitely on my back completely dried and shrunken my hair is shoulder length). I have been completely natural since summer 2010 after an 18 month transition.

Last edited:

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
I'm not getting as many single strand knots as I am getting double strand knots. Either two strands stuck together by a tiny knot, or a shed hair that attached to a non shed hair and won't let go. I would like to cut them when it happens but I often don't have scissors and rip it instead.

This is me too. My strands like to hug each other and create knots. I also rip, which I know is bad.

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
Today's hair Cowashed with Aussie moist conditioner, and curls unleashed no boundaries leave in and curls unleashed set it off curl busting jelly.

Attachments

• image-4232362418.jpg
    image-4232362418.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 67
  • image-1502069747.jpg
    image-1502069747.jpg
    411.3 KB · Views: 71

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
So how is everyone doing with there wash n goes since it's starting to get cold? It started to get cold here Friday night. I didn't really leave the house this weekend at all. So tomorrow will be my first time really going out in the cold with wet hair. I may diffuse tomorrow.

SweetlyCurly

I don't know why I haven't signed up for this challenge yet since I wear wash n gos exclusively. It's getting interesting with the weather here in New York. I've started experimenting with curling cream as opposed to gels to see if they would dry faster...so far so good.

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
I picked up the green Eco styler for no particular reason. I also got something called african pride shea butter miracle curl styling custard. They both were fairly cheap so if they don't work I won't feel bad.

Joigirl

So how is everyone doing with there wash n goes since it's starting to get cold? It started to get cold here Friday night. I didn't really leave the house this weekend at all. So tomorrow will be my first time really going out in the cold with wet hair. I may diffuse tomorrow.

Still going strong. I did WNGs for the last two winters. My hair needed to be restyled more often because of the dry air, but this time of the year isn't too bad.