Daily Devotion, Daily Wisdom

baddison

natural for good
October 29, 2014

Devotional:

We love, because He first loved us. 1 John 4:19 (NASB)

It's all very simple. God is love. He is love's origin, example, and architect. I love because he loved me first. I know how to love because he has demonstrated it. I can love because he made me in his likeness and to share his character. He is the fountain, the motivation, and the pinnacle of love. I love because he does, first, last, and always.

Prayer:
God of comfort, thank you for comforting me with your love. Just as a child learns from parents how to do so many things, I want to learn to love as you do: sacrificially, selflessly, and submissively so that others may know that they do not have to earn your love, only receive it. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
He who [fn]is generous will be blessed, For he gives some of his food to the poor. Proverbs 22:9 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
October 31, 2014

Devotional:

By this the love of God was manifested [fn]in us, that God has sent His [fn]only begotten Son into the world so that we might live through Him. 1 John 4:9 (NASB)

Love is an action. The Bible stresses this truth again and again. Love must not only be spoken, it must also be shown. The beginning of love is God. He showed his love in the most sacrificial of ways so we could know our incredible value to him. The price of our adoption was the emptying of heaven of its greatest treasure, God the Son, who is our Savior.

Prayer:
Loving Father, thank you for adopting me into your family. I can never thank you enough nor ever repay you for your kindness, but please receive the service of my life as my ongoing thanksgiving for your grace and my small way of trying to share the love you have given me. Through my Brother and my Ransom I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
I have directed you in the way of wisdom; I have led you in upright paths. Proverbs 4:11 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
November 1, 2014

Devotional:

Little children, let us not love with word or with tongue, but in deed and truth. 1 John 3:18 (NASB)

"Talk is cheap!" "You can tell me with your words, but I'll show it with my life." "Put your life where your mouth is." We know the slogans; now let's love in truth. In a world where barter has replaced sacrificial and steadfast love, let's go against the grain and truly love in our words and actions.

Prayer:
Sacrificial Father, I confess to you that at times I am selfish. Other times my intentions are good but my follow through and faithfulness are lacking. Use your Spirit to empower and enable me to be what I hope to become to your glory. May your love be seen in my actions of genuine concern today. I pray this in Jesus name. Amen.

Wisdom:
He who walks in integrity walks securely, But he who perverts his ways will be found out. Proverbs 10:9 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
November 3, 2014

Devotional:

For God has not given us a spirit of [fn]timidity, but of power and love and [fn]discipline. 2 Timothy 1:7 (NASB)

Power! We like that concept. When it is godly power, might does make right because godly power is accompanied by love and self-discipline. These three together make a person's life effective, constructive, and corrective. Live life to its fullest: not as a closet Christian afraid of standing true and firm, but one who lives by God's power, shares God's love, and displays God's virtues.

Prayer:
Holy God, you are without compare in your majesty and might. I have no right to come into your presence and yet you have invited me here by your love and your grace. You are my Rock, my Fortress, and my Strength. I depend upon your guidance and your mercy to sustain me through my storms and reclaim me from my stumbles. Holy God, you are without compare and I worship you. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Wisdom:
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another. Proverbs 27:17 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
November 4, 2014

Devotional:

Whom have I in heaven but you? And [fn]besides You, I desire nothing on earth. My flesh and my heart may fail, But God is the [fn]strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:25-26 (NASB)

What can truly fulfill and sustain us? Maybe the best way to answer that question is by asking another: What can we keep when our bodies are placed silently in their graves at death? Only our relationship with God and his people lasts beyond the grave. If he is what lasts, then how can we displace him for anything that doesn't?

Prayer:
Mighty Yahweh, Strength of Israel, Keeper of the Covenant and Fulfillment Maker of every prophecy, you are my hope, my strength and my future. I live this day in wide open amazement that the Keeper of the Universe knows my name, hears my voice, and cares for me. Thank you for being my past, my present, and my future, the Great I Am. Through my Savior I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
By wisdom a house is built, And by understanding it is established; And by knowledge the rooms are filled
With all precious and pleasant riches. Proverbs 24:3-4 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
November 5, 2014

Devotional:

“But He knows the [fn]way I take; When He has tried me, I shall come forth as gold. “My foot has held fast to His path; I have kept His way and not turned aside. Job 23:10-11 (NASB)

How we long for this to be our true confession. We are not yet gold, but long to be. We are not yet fully following his steps, but are trying. We have tried to not turn aside, but we sometimes falter. Thank God for his grace until our intentions and desires are fulfilled in our discipleship!

Prayer:
Magnificent Creator and Sustainer of the Universe, I confess my sin and my inadequacy in following your paths. Forgive me as I commit my life to serve you in holiness and joy. Thank you for your grace which covers my sin and perfect in me the character of Jesus. Through him I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
Faithful are the wounds of a friend, But [fn]deceitful are the kisses of an enemy. Proverbs 27:6 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
November 6, 2014

Devotional:

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways,” declares the LORD. “For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways And My thoughts than your thoughts. Isaiah 55:8-9 (NASB)

No matter how hard we try to perceive the awesomeness of God, he is still God and we are not. We must forever remember that the original, and still primary, sin was to try to become like God in terms of knowledge and understanding. We are to know God, but we can never fully know everything about him. We are to take on his character, but we cannot approach his majesty, righteousness, or holiness on our own. This is both exciting and frustrating. But, the promise remains that one day we will be like him and see him as he is (1 John 3:1-3) and know fully even as we are fully known (1 Corinthians 13:11-12).

Prayer:
Tender Shepherd, thank you for being so patient with me when I cannot fully understand and appreciate your holy and transcendent character. Thank you for sending Jesus so I can know you better and trust you to know me better than I know myself. I look forward to seeing you face to face when Jesus comes to bring me home. Until that day, please know I love you. In the name of Jesus I offer my thanks and praise. Amen.

Wisdom:
If [fn]your enemy is hungry, give him food to eat; And if he is thirsty, give him water to drink; Proverbs 25:21 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
November 7, 2014

Devotional:

“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9 (NASB)

Never alone! What a promise. God will go with him, and us, through all the seasons of life, through all our ups and downs, through temptations and triumphs, even through death (cf. Psalm 139). So we can take courage and feel his strength. We are not alone!

Prayer:
O God who is and was and is to come, thank you for being there and staying there when all others forsake and leave. You are the one constant in my life so full of change. Help me become more steadfast and faithful in my commitments and relationships to honor you and to learn more about you. Through Jesus I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
The righteousness of the blameless will smooth his way, But the wicked will fall by his own wickedness. Proverbs 11:5 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
November 8, 2014

Devotional:

“These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. “You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up. Deuteronomy 6:6-7 (NASB)

We are to begin each day with God. Every breath we take should be a powerful reminder that our Father has granted us another day of life to serve him. Each heartbeat is God's drumbeat of love, reminding us that we are blessed with another minute to offer him our best. This blessing is so easily forgotten. We best remember these truths when we teach them and show them and live them with and before our children. But, let's not leave their learning these truths to our example alone. Let's find teachable moments to explain our faith, to praise our Heavenly Father, and to teach God's truth.

Prayer:
Almighty God, Gracious Sustainer, and Undeserved Friend, thank you! Thank you for this breath I take and for the heartbeat that sustains my life. Make me aware as I travel and talk and rest and work that you are there and are worthy of my intentional best. The name of Jesus, my gracious sacrifice I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
When a man’s ways are pleasing to the LORD, He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him. Proverbs 16:7 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
November 10, 2014

Devotional:

O LORD, You are my God; I will exalt You, I will give thanks to Your name; For You have worked wonders, Plans formed long ago, with perfect faithfulness. Isaiah 25:1 (NASB)

God's actions are not reactions to current situations, but part of his long term plan to bring redemption. Yes, he has done marvelous things: he took the evil intent of a mob who cried "Crucify him" and turned it into an opportunity to fulfill the prophets and redeem us. He is perfect in faithfulness and has done marvelous things.

Prayer:
Holy God, you surprise me with new wonders and new things daily. Yet deep in my heart I know they are not new to you. Thank you for not making life boring or predictable so I might thirst after you, you who are forever fresh, new, exciting, and marvelous. In the name of my Savior, Jesus, I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
A gracious woman attains honor, And ruthless men attain riches. Proverbs 11:16 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
November 11, 2014

Devotional:

Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me and know my anxious thoughts; Psalm 139:23-24 (NASB)

God does know us. We cannot pretend we are something we are not with him. He knows us - inside and out, through and through. This should liberate us to share a remarkable degree of intimacy with him, but most of us run from such a close relationship with our Father. If our desire, however, is to become more like him, the only way to be transformed is by inviting him in to look at our hearts, our motivations, and our desires.

Prayer:
O God, I know you are the one who "searches hearts and minds." Yet because of the grace you demonstrated in Jesus, I am confident that you love me. My heart is sorry for the sin I have committed, but I am really trying to serve you in honor and purity. Please fill me with your Spirit to enable me to become more like Christ. In the name of your holy Son I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
One who is gracious to a poor man lends to the LORD, And He will repay him for his [fn]good deed. Proverbs 19:17 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
November 12, 2014

Devotional:

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, 2 Corinthians 1:3-4 (NASB)

We are comforted to comfort others. God doesn't bless us with his presence and comfort of his Spirit because we are somehow better than everyone else. No, he comforts us to equip, empower, and encourage others. God has human hands, but only when I use mine to his glory and for others comfort.

Prayer:
Tender Shepherd, there have been times when I was so broken I could not go on. I know my strength to continue came from your rich grace and mercy. Please use me this week to offer your comfort and love to others so they may feel your warm embrace and come to yearn more for the day we see you face to face in heaven. Through my brother Jesus, I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
The merciful man does [fn]himself good, But the cruel man [fn]does himself harm. Proverbs 11:17 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
November 13, 2014

Devotional:

who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was granted us in Christ Jesus from all eternity, 2 Timothy 1:9 (NASB)

Before the beginning of time! How do you understand when that was. God first thought of us at a time we cannot even begin to understand! His reason for thinking of us was to demonstrate his grace and call others to his side. Jesus has always been God's plan and we have always been his goal. Let's make sure we respond by living his holy life!

Prayer:
Thank you so much, Father, for knowing me and thinking of my needs even before there was a world. I dedicate this day, the days that follow, to your honor as I try to live a life that reflects your righteousness and grace. In the name of Jesus, the one who had no sin, I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
He who oppresses the poor taunts his Maker, But he who is gracious to the needy honors Him. Proverbs 14:31 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
November 14, 2014

Devotional:

but [fn]sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a [fn]defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and [fn]reverence; 1 Peter 3:15 (NASB)

We are to be ready and able to tell folks about the hope that Jesus has brought to our lives! But when we share this hope, two things are important: our credibility — is Jesus really Lord of our hearts — and our character — do we show gentleness and respect in our persuasion approach. The goal is not to win arguments but hearts to the God of character!

Prayer:
Holy and Loving Father, thank you for speaking your grace in Jesus. I'm not sure I would have heard any other message. Give me the conviction I need to share my hope in Jesus, but in a way that reflects your grace. Through my Living Hope I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
Give introduction to a wise man and he will be still wiser, Teach a righteous man and he will increase his learning. Proverbs 9:9 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
November 15, 2015

Devotional:

“Know therefore that the LORD your God, He is God, the faithful God, who keeps [fn]His covenant and [fn]His lovingkindness to a thousandth generation with those who love Him and keep His commandments; Deuteronomy 7:9 (NASB)

God is faithful and his covenant is a covenant of love. He will not forsake us and will treat us better than we deserve just as a loving parent treats a rebellious child better than s/he deserves. But our hearts must be tuned to honor God as God, not as just a good luck charm or a weekly guest into our otherwise busy lives. What we do must be done in awareness that it is done before and for him!

Prayer:
Faithful God, thank you for loving me so sacrificially and steadfastly. Thank you for the way you preserved your promises to the Israelites and brought Jesus just as you promised. I trust your promise to send him back to bring me home to you. Please receive the deeds and words of this day as my thanks to you for your covenant of love with me and those I love. In the name of Jesus, your gift of love, I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
The [fn]naive believes everything, But the sensible man considers his steps. A wise man [fn]is cautious and turns away from evil, But a fool is arrogant and careless. Proverbs 14:15-16 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
November 17, 2014

Devotional:

[fn]For by these He has granted to us His precious and magnificent promises, so that by them you may become partakersor the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world by lust. 2 Peter 1:4 (NASB)

God made us to be like him in character and holiness. We are called to participate in the divine nature and are assured that we will be made ready when Jesus comes again. His promise is sure if we will commit to follow wholeheartedly!

Prayer:
Almighty God, my Everlasting Fortress, thank you for giving me your great promises. I long to know you more fully and be able to see your face today just as I believe I will one day. Please protect me and my heart from corruption. In all love and appreciation I pray in the name of Jesus, the One who made me yours. Amen.

Wisdom:
A righteous man who walks in his integrity—How blessed are his sons after him. Proverbs 20:7 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
November 18, 2014

Devotional:

And we know that [fn]God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28 (NASB)

God is in our lives. He is at work right now, undoing Satan's destructive messes and leading us to places he wants us to go. This is true in everything we do and everywhere we go. The key is for us to seek his purpose, to live his will. If that is our goal, then we can be sure our God is with us every step of our way.

Prayer:
Thank you God for being at work in my life. Thank you for not leaving me alone to my limited best effort, insight, and choice. Thank you for having a plan for me and being the assurance that I can't mess that plan up if I seek your will. Thank you for being my God, my Father, and my Partner through all of life. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
The rod and reproof give wisdom, But a child [fn]who gets his own way brings shame to his mother. Proverbs 29:15 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
November 19, 2014

Devotional:

Now for this very reason also, applying all diligence, in your faith supply moral [fn]excellence, and in your moral excellence, knowledge, and in your knowledge, self-control, and in your self-control, perseverance, and in your perseverance, godliness, and in your godliness, brotherly kindness, and in your brotherly kindness, love. For if these qualities are yours and are increasing, they render you neither useless nor unfruitful in the true knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 2 Peter 1:5-8 (NASB)

Wow! What a message. God wants us to be productive in our lives. He wants us to have more than just head knowledge, he wants us to put it to work in our lives and be effective and productive with it. But for me, I've got to put out some effort and try to grow in these qualities. Peter is saying, "Okay folks, God wants you to get after it and make a difference through your life!" I'm ready! Let's begin today.

Prayer:
Holy God, I am going to put out the effort to grow in your grace. Please bless my efforts and receive them as my heartfelt appreciation for loving me when I was unlovable and redeeming me when I was lost. I want to be productive to your glory in my life with Jesus, in whose name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
Grandchildren are the crown of old men, And the glory of sons is their fathers. Proverbs 17:6 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
November 20, 2014

Devotional:

let it be known to all of you and to all the people of Israel, that [fn]by the name of Jesus Christ the Nazarene, whom you crucified, whom God raised from the dead—[fn]by [fn]this name this man stands here before you in good health. “[fn]He is the STONE WHICH WAS REJECTED by you, THE BUILDERS, but WHICH BECAME THE CHIEF CORNER stone. “And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved.” Acts 4:10-12 (NASB)

"Jesus, there's just something about that name!" The words to the song are right. Salvation from what is warped and broken in our world is found in no one else. He is our Savior because he was willing to come to this world, bear our limitations shame and sin and then triumph over them.

Prayer:
Through the precious name of Jesus of Nazareth, the Christ, my Lord, I thank and praise you God Most High. Your love has given the sacrifice for my sin and your power has given me the assurance of my resurrection from the dead. Your Son's willingness to spend a lifetime with us has given me a Great High Priest who intercedes with empathy for my struggles. His example lets me know of your great love. Thank you, O God! Thank you for being so gracious and giving me such a wonderful Savior. Amen.

Wisdom:
A man’s discretion makes him slow to anger, And it is his glory to overlook a transgression. Proverbs 19:11 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
November 21, 2014

Devotional:

A Psalm of David. The LORD is my shepherd, I [fn]shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside [fn]quiet waters. He restores my soul; He guides me in the [fn]path of righteousness For His name’s sake. Psalm 23:1-3 (NASB)
He restores my soul. My that sounds so good. But it is more than talk. When we've reached that point that we can't go on, God blesses us with strength to just keep on walking. When we're in a struggle and things are tough, his power upholds us and we run to victory. When we're winning victories in his name, we can soar on wings like eagles. He is a shepherd and more. He is the Rock and Sustainer of our lives!

Prayer:
O Gentle Shepherd, help me rest tonight in your grace and in the confidence that you are nearby. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
He who loves purity of heart And [fn]whose speech is gracious, the king is his friend. Proverbs 22:11 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
November 22, 2014

Devotional:

“Know therefore that the LORD your God, He is God, the faithful God, who keeps [fn]His covenant and [fn]His lovingkindness to a thousandth generation with those who love Him and keep His commandments; Deuteronomy 7:9 (NASB)
God is faithful and his covenant is a covenant of love. He will not forsake us and will treat us better than we deserve just as a loving parent treats a rebellious child better than s/he deserves. But our hearts must be tuned to honor God as God, not as just a good luck charm or a weekly guest into our otherwise busy lives. What we do must be done in awareness that it is done before and for him!

Prayer:
Faithful God, thank you for loving me so sacrificially and steadfastly. Thank you for the way you preserved your promises to the Israelites and brought Jesus just as you promised. I trust your promise to send him back to bring me home to you. Please receive the deeds and words of this day as my thanks to you for your covenant of love with me and those I love. In the name of Jesus, your gift of love, I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
The [fn]naive believes everything, But the sensible man considers his steps. A wise man [fn]is cautious and turns away from evil, But a fool is arrogant and careless. Proverbs 14:15-16 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
November 24, 2014

Devotional:

Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you will abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13 (NASB)

Hope and joy and peace sound terrific. Two things are vital for these two blessings to be a part of our lives. First, we must trust God to meet our needs and get us to where we need to be. Second, we expect the power of the Holy Spirit to bless us and empower us with God's qualities.

Prayer:
Great and Mighty God, bless me with greater trust that you are nearby and long to help. Dear Father, bless and empower me to be the person you want me to be. Fill me with your Spirit so I may live my life here more like Jesus lived his life here on earth. In the name of the Savior I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
“But he who listens to me shall [fn]live securely And will be at ease from the dread of evil.” Proverbs 1:33 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
November 25, 2014

Devotional:

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. Galatians 5:22-23 (NASB)

A lot of different religious groups will give you all sorts of ways to know whether or not you have the Holy Spirit. Jesus has one simple answer: "by their fruit you will know them." Paul gives us the definition of holy fruit — LOVE, JOY, PEACE, PATIENCE, KINDNESS, GOODNESS, FAITHFULNESS, GENTLENESS, SELF-CONTROL. Now why not repeat them out loud and ask the Lord to make this fruit yours in full measure?

Prayer:
Abba Father, through the Spirit I call upon you. Please fulfill in me the character you possess. I want to exhibit the qualities of your child, Jesus, in whose name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
A [fn]soothing tongue is a tree of life, But perversion in it [fn]crushes the spirit. Proverbs 15:4 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
November 26, 2014

Devotional:

like newborn babies, long for the [fn]pure [fn]milk of the word, so that by it you may grow [fn]in respect to salvation, 1 Peter 2:2-3 (NASB)

Salvation is such a precious thing! However, we know something is horribly wrong if a child continues to stay in the same place in his or her growth and maturation. Arrested development in a physical child is the cause of great concern. Hebrews 6 reminds us that is also true in our spiritual lives. God does not want us remaining immature! He wants us to continue to grow. Our Father wants us to crave what is good and what builds us up. So, what are you going to do today to satisfy your spiritual appetite and grow in the Lord?

Prayer:
Mighty God, thank you for loving me and saving me. I really want to mature in your grace. Bless me today as I seek to pattern holy habits and fill myself spiritually with the things that will help me grow. But Holy God, I know that true growth only comes from you, so I ask you to strengthen me by your Spirit as I pursue your character. In Jesus' mighty name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
Like apples of gold in settings of silver Is a word spoken in [fn]right circumstances. Proverbs 25:11 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
November 27, 2014

Devotional:

“Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD And whose trust is the LORD. “For he will be like a tree planted by the water, That extends its roots by a stream And will not fear when the heat comes; But its leaves will be green, And it will not be anxious in a year of drought Nor cease to yield fruit. Jeremiah 17:7-8 (NASB)

Trust. Can we trust in God? Is the Lord really faithful? While we may wish to have been alive when Jesus walked the earth or Jeremiah spoke fearlessly God's hard truth, we are especially blessed to be alive today. We stand at the end of an incredible stream of God's work. We can look at history and know him to be profoundly faithful to his people. We can launch out into the future with boldness because we know God is already there!

Prayer:
Holy God, I know you are there! In the morning, in the evening, in the long nights, I know I am not alone. Thank you for knowing me and going with me through all my days. Please make your presence known to me this day as I seek to honor you in what I do and say. In the name of Jesus, my Lord, I ask this. Amen.

Wisdom:
Without consultation, plans are frustrated, But with many counselors they [fn]succeed. Proverbs 15:22 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
November 28, 2014

Devotional:

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might. Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil. Ephesians 6:10-11 (NASB)

Many of the struggles in our lives are not mere accidents! Many of them are not put there by God. Our challenges often come from the hand of our enemy, Satan. He always prowls about looking for the best scheme to knock us out of our commitment to and relationship with the Lord. Placing ourselves firmly in the hands of the Lord and using his tools of warfare will help us defeat our enemy who has already been humiliated by Jesus and the cross.

Prayer:
Strengthen me, O God, that I may stand against my foe and triumph by the power of your Spirit so that I may bring honor and glory to my conquering Savior who will return one day and take me home in victory. In the name of the victorious Rider on the White Horse I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
Righteous lips are the delight of kings, And he who speaks right is loved. Proverbs 16:13 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
November 29, 2014

Devotional:

Blessed is a man who perseveres under trial; for once he has [fn]been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him. James 1:12 (NASB)

Only Christians win at life. That's because none of us who is human has the power to hold back our greatest enemy, death. But when we have persevered, we are given the ultimate victory: LIFE that will not end because our lives are in the hands of the one who defeated death!

Prayer:
Thank you Father for giving me the assurance that when all is said and done, I will share in your life and your victory forever. Help me this day to live confidently, knowing that I have your life. In the name of Jesus, my conquering King I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
Buy truth, and do not sell it, Get wisdom and instruction and understanding. Proverbs 23:23 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
December 1, 2014

Devotional:

For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 6:23 (NASB)

When we get death for sin, we're only being paid what we're owed — sin is rebellion against the God who loves us and gave us his most precious gift to redeem us from sin! But God's gift is free — eternal life in Jesus Christ. We could not earn it, deserve it, or demand it. So God offered it by grace.

Prayer:
Thank you God for loving me when no one else could or would. Thank you for sacrificing the most precious gift of heaven so I could join you there. Of all the gifts I've ever received, yours is the best. I offer this praise in the name of one whose gift has given me life! Amen.

Wisdom:
The rich and the poor [fn]have a common bond, The LORD is the maker of them all. Proverbs 22:2 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
December 2, 2014

Devotional:

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9 (NASB)

We can be forgiven of our sins! That's great, but there's even better news. We can be purified of any stain from sin!! That's incredible: not only am I forgiven, I'm made clean and new again! But only because of God's grace and perfect sacrifice for our sins.

Prayer:
Forgiving Father, please forgive me today for my lack of passion to love and forgive others in the way you have so graciously forgiven me. Create in me a heart like your own: faithful, forgiving, and gracious. In the precious name of Jesus I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
There is one who pretends to be rich, but has nothing; Another [fn]pretends to be poor, but has great wealth. Proverbs 13:7 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
December 3, 2014

Devotional:

For to you it has been granted for Christ’s sake, not only to believe in Him, but also to suffer for His sake, Philippians 1:29 (NASB)

When we read the book of Acts, we find the disciples overjoyed at suffering "for the sake of the name." Since Jesus has already victoriously passed through that kind of ordeal, we should consider it a privilege to share in his sufferings, not just a hardship. The truth of our commitment is often best shown to the sceptical when we are "under fire." So let's keep our character when under attack and rejoice, because we've seen in Jesus what happens when God's children are faithful even at the cost of their lives.

Prayer:
What a precious name you have given to your son, O Lord. May it be exalted in all the earth and throughout all the heavens, until every heart knows that he is truly Lord. In Jesus name, and for his glory, I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
“The [fn]beginning of wisdom is Acquire wisdom; And with all your acquiring, get understanding. Proverbs 4:7 (NASB)