What is the difference between Texlax a texturizer and a relaxer

Right, I know a jerri curl is different. I am speaking more on the the look of the texiturizer and the jerri curl. The texture of the hair change. But it's all good lady. Just getting some clarify from my sis Queeny here. ;) I honestly could care less about what chemical is in them. We all know it's a chemical either way. I am not disputing that. But carry on. T

it's cool. i didn't know you were talking about it in temrs of the look.

tifill

DANG... Ladies I think I started some mess LOL.

I have been passing through and I have seen some beautiful ladies with natural hair but the curls appeared to be almost like waves. Long story short I thought this is what a texturizer did. (if you have no idea whay I am talking about think of FREDDIE from ITS a DIFFERENT WORLD.) Her old hair was natural looking but it looked manageable. This is the look I want to go for but I guess she was just born with that hair.

MrsQueeny

Alright Queeny. I see what you mean now. You are putting everything that changes the texture of the nature hair in the texturized box. I got your viewpoint now lady. ;)

And I am lol at the bold!!! Yes, hair is some serious business. You would just straight up relax!
And you know I would look just as ka-ute as I do now. You know you still my baby mama!!! Q

Look they were talking big and bad in a thread in OT. I just wanted them to talk that mess over here.:lachen: Wasn't as bad as I thought.

Um hmm :rolleyes: Go bake me some cookies or brownies or something!!! Q

hopeful

DANG... Ladies I think I started some mess LOL.

I have been passing through and I have seen some beautiful ladies with natural hair but the curls appeared to be almost like waves. Long story short I thought this is what a texturizer did. (if you have no idea whay I am talking about think of FREDDIE from ITS a DIFFERENT WORLD.) Her old hair was natural looking but it looked manageable. This is the look I want to go for but I guess she was just born with that hair.

You haven't started ANY mess at all, they are just havin' fun here. Is Freddie the lady that was played by Cree Summer? Some of the lady's here have natural hair just like that, their hair would be typed in the 3's. Some ladies, who are 4a/b can get their hair like that by texturizing or texlaxing. Please keep asking questions, we are here to help.

Most of the ladies on here texturize, texlax and relax with the same thing--a relaxer, no-lye or lye. IMO texturized hair is relaxed at a minimal amount of time with very little if any smoothing, texlaxed hair is relaxed for a longer amount of time and more of the curl is released, relaxed hair will have most of the curl and kinks smoothed/relaxed away.

tifill

Can you texlax with a relaxer already in. In hopes that the new growth will take on the not so straight look

hopeful

Ladies
I am new here and I am trying to figure all this out. I need cliff notes to get through all the info on these boards lol. (this is great ) I just wanted to know the difference between texlax(I am not sure I am spelling it right), relaxer or texturizer. I currently have a relxer and I want to get rid of it so that I can have somewhat of a wavy manageable look is that a texturizer or is that a texlax and can I have a texlax eventhough I still have relaxed hair. I am due for a relaxer but I want to try something different can someone help me. If I get a texturizer can I do it at home. Phew I am so lost.

Tfill if you are relaxed you can transition to texlaxed or texturized. Some of the ladies have this down to a science. I'm natural and by no means a relaxer expert but I know it can be done. Sounds like you want to get away from the bone-straight look. Just start getting your newgrowth texlaxed, treat it with the intent to leave some curl in it. Eventually you can cut off the relaxed hair. Or if you are brave, you can just bc (big chop) the relaxed hair when you have enough new growth (in a few months or so) and texturize that hair. A transition would be less traumatic though. Good luck, if you have anymore questions ask away and feel free to pm too, I have some saved threads on texturizing--not that I was thinking of texturizing or anything:look:.

MrsQueeny

Can you texlax with a relaxer already in. In hopes that the new growth will take on the not so straight look

Once your hair is relaxed, there is no changing the texture. You will have to cut it off. Once your hair is texturized, you can only get it straighter but it won't go back to the way it was when it was natural. Q

hopeful

Look they were talking big and bad in a thread in OT. I just wanted them to talk that mess over here.:lachen: Wasn't as bad as I thought.

Okay I get it, I haven't been spending as much time in OT lately. All of ya'll are a mess:yep:.

hopeful

If you use a milder relaxer, leave it on for less time or coat the new growth with protein (letting protein condish dry before applying relaxer) your new growth should respond accordingly. Of course the straight (previously relaxed) hair will stay straight but the new growth will not be as straight. I would also suggest trying this out on a small section of new growth first to figure out the timing and process that works best and gives you the results you want.

Last edited: