Transitioning without BC'ing Support Thread

EnExitStageLeft

To summarize:

I was told "this natural hair thing is gone too far, people walking around with nappy heads!"

I hated typing that out! I don't want that negativity to permeate this thread. I just needed to vent. Sorry!

Its all good. One of my coworkers said that if they ban relaxers she would go and live underground :look:. She's a hot (negative) mess sometimes, so I just overlook her :yep:.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
To summarize:

I was told "this natural hair thing is gone too far, people walking around with nappy heads!"

I hated typing that out! I don't want that negativity to permeate this thread. I just needed to vent. Sorry!

Its all good. One of my coworkers said that if they ban relaxers she would go and live underground :look:. She's a hot (negative) mess sometimes, so I just overlook her :yep:.

bebezazueta EnExitStageLeft just hit the ignore button. They don't know any better.

almond eyes

@bebezazueta

What happened?

@almond eyes

Let us know how it works out for you and Thanks :)!

My conclusion is that the layering with products and brush thing and lay down flat with a headscarf works with women who have waves. I don't have waves I have fine coils and curls and when I used that method my hair looked shalacked and the curls just looked flat and my front edges that are very coarse just laughed. When my hair was relaxed I had waves but my natural hair nope not there. But that's cool. Thanks for the info on your hair tip.

Best,
Almond Eyes

coolsista-paris

taking about gel. here below is a pic of when i was natural (between 2008 and 2013).

i have 4b hair ( maybe slightly 4a at the nape..) i have fine strands (medium at crown it seems). medium to high density.

my method: moisturize a little (spray). s curl gel, brush,add s curl again with some oil on top, brush -sleek. scarf for 15-20 minutes and it gives me this :
hair was soft!

image-1230873043.jpg

Cattypus1

All loced up...
My conclusion is that the layering with products and brush thing and lay down flat with a headscarf works with women who have waves. I don't have waves I have fine coils and curls and when I used that method my hair looked shalacked and the curls just looked flat and my front edges that are very coarse just laughed. When my hair was relaxed I had waves but my natural hair nope not there. But that's cool. Thanks for the info on your hair tip. Best, Almond Eyes
That's my hair!

SuchaLady

I'm afraid to get my flat iron Monday. I think I've ruined my hair :look: *sigh* I would do it myself but I need a trim like yesterday.

GettingKinky

I'm almost 10 weeks post. I normally stretch 16-18 weeks so this is not new for me, but I can't stop playing with my new growth.

I'm contemplating cutting off my bonelaxed ends at the end of the year.

HappywithJC723

I'm almost 10 weeks post. I normally stretch 16-18 weeks so this is not new for me, but I can't stop playing with my new growth.

I'm contemplating cutting off my bonelaxed ends at the end of the year.

This is how I feel. I'm 17 weeks post and I'm so anxious to get to know my natural hair. It would be my first time being natural since I was like 10 or 11...I'm 28 now :look:

teysmith

I am thinking about transitioning back to natural. My hair is MBL and I don't plan to cut any of it during my transition, so this will be a long journey if I decide to stick to it. I don't have a problem with my relaxed hair. It is pretty thick and has texture left in it, but I miss the look of my natural hair. I like how the front on my hair looks kind of wavy when my new growth comes in. I am not promising myself that I will stick to this though. I am just going to see what happens. It may just turn into a long stretch for me, but I am really hoping for the opposite. I know that with my hair being MBL it will take quite some time to replace my mbl relaxed hair with mbl natural hair so I plan to enjoy my transitioning hair while I wait. Not just tuck it away.

coolsista-paris

I am thinking about transitioning back to natural. My hair is MBL and I don't plan to cut any of it during my transition, so this will be a long journey if I decide to stick to it. I don't have a problem with my relaxed hair. It is pretty thick and has texture left in it, but I miss the look of my natural hair. I like how the front on my hair looks kind of wavy when my new growth comes in. I am not promising myself that I will stick to this though. I am just going to see what happens. It may just turn into a long stretch for me, but I am really hoping for the opposite. I know that with my hair being MBL it will take quite some time to replace my mbl relaxed hair with mbl natural hair so I plan to enjoy my transitioning hair while I wait. Not just tuck it away.

thats what im doing. i was apl when i relaxed in december.
im transitionning already. lol
im soon 9 months post. i dont hide it. i wear all hairstyles, i only braided once. mine is mostly out, but it winter im gonna hide it.

i dusted, mini trimmed an im bsb when i straighten. between sl and apl.
i dont want to cut too much although sometimes i just feel like chopping!

teysmith

thats what im doing. i was apl when i relaxed in december.
im transitionning already. lol
im soon 9 months post. i dont hide it. i wear all hairstyles, i only braided once. mine is mostly out, but it winter im gonna hide it.

i dusted, mini trimmed an im bsb when i straighten. between sl and apl.
i dont want to cut too much although sometimes i just feel like chopping!

Good idea! Maybe I will get braids for the winter.

MzRhonda

I am 4 months into my transition and got my hair cut(style) for the second time yesterday and am almost completely naturally. Loved the way my curls looked after wash and conditioner...my cut is similar to Tamron Hall, length and style. I like the versatility of straight or curly.

ETA:

Last edited:

ESmackum

Okay. So I am officially 22 months post relaxer and now officially all the way natural without having to big chop. When I started on LHCF, I never thought that I could actually go natural. I was more so looking for a way for my relaxed hair to grow longer (and it did with the tips I learned here). But once I started stretching the relaxers, I became "curious" about my actually curls (which I hadn't seen since 1992). After my last relaxer in October 2012, I thought I would try going natural. So with a lot of protective styles (wigs, weaves, braids), I have made it. Every few weeks I would trim off a little of the relaxed ends after washing because it was when I could really see the difference in the textures of my hair. About 3 months ago I think I cut the last of the relaxer out. Two strand twists and crochet type braids have been helpful during this past summer. Attached pics are me today (in the pink with my two strand twist updo) and my "before pic" from 2012 (relaxed). Just letting you all know that it can be done, I am proof :grin:

Attachments

• IMG_20140821_091741811.jpg
    IMG_20140821_091741811.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 83
  • 2012-10-07_14-38-23_468.jpg
    2012-10-07_14-38-23_468.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 106

bebezazueta

Okay. So I am officially 22 months post relaxer and now officially all the way natural without having to big chop. When I started on LHCF, I never thought that I could actually go natural. I was more so looking for a way for my relaxed hair to grow longer (and it did with the tips I learned here). But once I started stretching the relaxers, I became "curious" about my actually curls (which I hadn't seen since 1992). After my last relaxer in October 2012, I thought I would try going natural. So with a lot of protective styles (wigs, weaves, braids), I have made it. Every few weeks I would trim off a little of the relaxed ends after washing because it was when I could really see the difference in the textures of my hair. About 3 months ago I think I cut the last of the relaxer out. Two strand twists and crochet type braids have been helpful during this past summer. Attached pics are me today (in the pink with my two strand twist updo) and my "before pic" from 2012 (relaxed). Just letting you all know that it can be done, I am proof :grin:

You have beautiful hair but your back and arms situation in the 2nd pic is something serious! Amazing!

Honey Bee

I plan to start the 'max hydration method' this weekend, hope it works well on my transitioning hair. :look: If i start getting over moisturized, I'll just put some Aphoghee 2 min on my ends. I'm hoping that it can decrease my shrinkage enough for me to bc earlier than I intended.

ESmackum

You have beautiful hair but your back and arms situation in the 2nd pic is something serious! Amazing!

Awww thanks for the compliments:blush:. Now if I could only get these thighs as toned as my upper body, I would be good to go....

(slowly clicks over to the Health and Fitness discussions):look:

sharifeh

So I need to take my weave down at some point. I'm past a year post I'm almost 13 months I'm getting what I hope is my last sew in September - when I take that down I think I may end my transition - in October or November? Ehh I'm just talking ....who knows how I'll feel

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

SuchaLady

So I need to take my weave down at some point. I'm past a year post I'm almost 13 months I'm getting what I hope is my last sew in September - when I take that down I think I may end my transition - in October or November? Ehh I'm just talking ....who knows how I'll feel Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Your last sew in?! But why :( sharifeh

pearlific1

I looked at the calendar and realized that I'm actually ONE YEAR POST!!! :yay: I was one year post on the 21st of this month. It's amazing how easy this transition has been compared to my first one which put me on an emotional roller coaster daily.

I'm transitioning from texlaxed hair this time and I think that it has aided in the ease. I'm not experiencing the extreme breakage at the line of demarcation with texlaxed hair. My ends are holding on pretty strong so I will keep doing what I'm doing to make it through another year of transitioning :yep: