Who Takes Chlorophyll for Hair Growth?

G

Jade21, again I have to thank you for the heads up on the alfalfa/chlorella supplements..I wasn't sure about them but they came up while I was doing a search. I just checked out Dr. Weil's website and did a search and boy I am glad; there were so many outbreaks of illnesses associated with bean sprouts/alfalfa...I don't eat them anyway but I definitely won't take them in no kind of supplement form now!

Isis

[ QUOTE ]
Jade21 said:
Mmm...I have to say that I think Earthrise brand is some of the best. Compared to NOW, Earthrise is like the cream of the crop. I say that because they are a specialty company. That's their focus and they take great care to offer a variety of superior options to people. It's sort of like Spectrum and Health From the Sun who specialize in essential fatty acids.

I think that chlorophyll is great for your entire body, including your hair. Kal also makes a good supplement for everyday purposes. It's 20mg which you can chew or swallow. I've been taking this for years. For chlorphyll in particular, I would frankly stay away from tons of alfalfa. Check out what Dr. Weil has to say about why at his website. He was an early warner. I don't even eat the sprouts any longer which I used to adore.

I've taken chlorella which treated me better than the spirulina. Spirulina left me wired. Chlorella, spirulina, etc are all foods. That's why you can take as many tablets as you like. The worst side effect is that you might have to run to the bathroom a bit more. Details left unwritten. With the chlorella, 2tablets of 300-400mg were plenty to get some 2" of growth per month months.

You might also try eating a mixed greens salad. I would highly recommend the Earthbound Organics bagged salads which come in varieties like Romaine baby greens, Fresh Baby Greens, Herb baby greens etc for a daily, immediate source of chlorphyll plus a variety of nutrients like potassim, magnesium and trace minerals like silicon which feed your hair tremendously.

~Jade~

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you so much Jade21 - this is great information! I'm going to have to check out that Kal brand of chlorophyll.
I used to grow alfalfa sprouts in the past and stopped when I too learned of the risks. Since I eat raw sunflower seeds all of the time, I just sprout those as the person said on Dr. Weil's website. I take six 500mg of Earthrise spirulina tablets each day and have absolutely no feeling of being wired. I think it's how much one takes.

So Jade21, does that mean the chlorophyll I have, World Organic, "organically grown from Alfalfa Leaves" is toxic for my body? What is the source of your Kal cholorella chlorophyll if not alfalfa? I too want 2 inches of hair growth each month!

Edited to add

Is the Kal Chlorella the same as Kal Chlorophyll? Which one did you take Jade 21 for your hair results?

G

A company called Watershed said that they make the best form of chlorella...of course that's what most companies says. They have the Earthrise brand on sale for $8 and some change @ swansonvitamins.com

G

Isis, the full web address of the other site is: www.watershed.net

I would check out both sites to see which one sounds best. I do know that Earthrise makes the best spirulina...though.

Isis

Thanks Natori24 for the other link. And yes, I've enjoyed Earthrise spirulina for many years now so their chlorella must be good too.

Edited to say:

The watershed.net link looks like it has a pretty good online health radio show too!

G

I didn't notice that they had a online health radio on the site..interesting...

Jade21

Isis,

I sent you a PM:) I was taking both the chlorophyll and the chlorella for the series of 2" months. Kal's source is chlorella, broccoli and something else. With the World Organics product you have, I would think the same rules apply. Feel free to give Kal a ring at the toll free line listed on most of their products.

Natori,

If you go to http://jade21.diary-x.com you can see my list of supplements. When I was growing out my hair, I took additional food supplements, including the chlorella, a broccoli-carrot-other veggies combo, and beet juice tabs, plus some B vitamin singles.

~Jade~

G

Thanks, Jade21 for the link to your diary. I found out alot of useful info. Also, I will send you a pm to ask you a question.

happylocks

I have been looking for this post for a while, thanks for all the info very helpful,but which one should I get, I was planing on getting vitamin shoppe Cholorphyll, any suggestions plz, I going out in a hour to vitamins shoppe thanks

G

I think someone was saying that Earthrise was really good. I haven't tried it yet.

happylocks

They sell Spirulina at the vitamin shoppe the Earthrise , in powder, Chlorophyll in liquid and Chlorella in tabs, If vitamin shoppe sends u a catalog, the prices r cheaper then the ones in the store, but the guy at the VS store said its a one time deal, so for Spirulina $13.19(6.3 oz powder),(World Organic Corp) Chloropyll $5.75(16 oz liquid), and(Sun Chlorella) Chlorella $19.77(300 Tabs),The VS brand of MSM is only 19.48, I am for sure getting the MSM, but I Cant get the Chlorella, So should I get the Spirulina or the Chloropyll, thanks in advance

G

[ QUOTE ]
happylocks said:
So should I get the Spirulina or the Chloropyll, thanks in advance

[/ QUOTE ]

Try the Chlorphyll...I did more research on it and it has so many health benefits. I'm still trying to figure out which brand [of chlorella] to get myself...there aren't many health stores that would carry this in my area and I don't really want to order it online..but I am going to get it soon-if I can catch a good deal online.

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
I'm going to go ahead and resurrect this thread for several reasons:

1. My doctor told me that Chlorophyll is amazing as a hair growth aid.

2. I want to know who has tried this product: http://www.hairenergizer.com/hair-nutrition.htm

3. The folks over at Puritan's Pride *still* has a 3 for 1 sale going on, I think for the remainder of the summer and I had already ordered chlorophyll from them before seeing the product above:

www.puritan.com

SP ;)

Radianthealth

Serenity_Peace said:
I'm going to go ahead and resurrect this thread for several reasons:

1. My doctor told me that Chlorophyll is amazing as a hair growth aid.

2. I want to know who has tried this product: http://www.hairenergizer.com/hair-nutrition.htm

3. The folks over at Puritan's Pride *still* has a 3 for 1 sale going on, I think for the remainder of the summer and I had already ordered chlorophyll from them before seeing the product above:

www.puritan.com

SP ;)

I absolutely love :love: these types of threads :yay:

I am headed to Whole Foods after work to look for these.

:grin: :grin: :grin:

scarcity21

Ladies that take chlorophyll and chorella did u notice u r stool changing color?
Sorry to be so graphic but i started takeing (sun's )chorella , (worlds organics) chlorophyll, iron supps and other vits two weeks ago....ive noticed that my stool is no longer brownish but green.....
I was just wondering if it was those supps Im taking....now that I think about it...iron has a tendency to produce green stool:lol:

Radianthealth

I have my Chlorophyll and I have been using it in my Healthy Hair Cocktail in the mornings.

It taste great and it makes me feel energetic and less hungry in the morning.

It contains

Chlorophyll
Spirulina
Soy Protein
Brewers yeast
Aloe Vera Juice
Orange Juice
& sometimes Carrots & Blueberries

I am not sure if these ingredients cancel each other out, but so far I like them and I will continue to drink this in the mornings :yep:

Doing this and a number of other things recommended on this site have my skin looking soft and clear and my tongue is pink too :p

n_vizion

I have been taking spirulina and chollrela (not chlorophyll) for about the last month or so. My hair is thriving. These products contain more protein than meat. I take them because I have cut out meat products from my diet.

CHECKMATE!

I have been taking World Organics Mega Chlorophyll capsules (100 mg) for the past 2wks....it contains Alfalfa,Spirulina,Chlorella, & Barley grass...its a 2month supply. I also take a Centrum chewable Multi Vitamin,Omega 3-6-9, and Biotion 5mg.... so I hope to see some major progress by my 1yr anniversary in March,possibly BSL:grin:...

C

cieramichele

Jade21, again I have to thank you for the heads up on the alfalfa/chlorella supplements..I wasn't sure about them but they came up while I was doing a search. I just checked out Dr. Weil's website and did a search and boy I am glad; there were so many outbreaks of illnesses associated with bean sprouts/alfalfa...I don't eat them anyway but I definitely won't take them in no kind of supplement form now!

uh :ohwell:
http://www.watershed.net/dr_weil_raw_foods.aspx

ImFree27

when I used to get colonics, she put chlorophyll in the water, it felt really cool, so I started taking the liquid form for my digestive system, it taste nasty, but my breath started smelling like peppermint, and you can feel it working in your stomach, like it felt cool or something, i guess i will contiue to use it, if it makes your hair grow:grin:

pri

Bumping to know is anyone still taking this Chlorella supplement and are you still getting benefits w/ your hair?

TIA