Is anyone experiencing 1.5 to 2 inches of hair growth per month?

AtlantaJJ

I'll be happy with growing and retaining 6 inches per year, any additional would be pure gravy!

Last edited:

titan

I think that it is impossible. If someone is getting that much growth, they need to show proof.:sad:

Last edited:

MizAvalon

It is possible. My sister gets two inches (not centimeters) a month. She doesn't do anything in particular to her hair; she's just lucky.

ETA: No hair vitamins, no exercise, unhealthy diet/lifestyle. She did take sulfur for a while, but I don't think she does anymore.

Her hair grows 24 inches a year? :eek:

How long is it currently?

spinspinshuga

Her hair grows 24 inches a year? :eek:

How long is it currently?

It is currently only APL. The stylist she goes to (and insists upon going to) recently cut her hair from waist length (curly) where she usually keeps it, on the premise that ALL of those ends were unhealthy :rolleyes:. She had her hair relaxed at the time; I came home two months later, and she had four inches of new growth. Neither of us ever noticed how fast this was until I joined LHCF and learned this was abnormal.

My sister is very scissor happy and has never had longer than waist-to-hiplength hair, but her hair has always grown at an alarming rate. She's considering transitioning with me, but if she gets another relaxer I'll take before and after photos for proof, if you all want.

HeyItsHoney

I used to work with a woman who's hair grew 1 - 1.5 inches a month. She was in the cubicle next to me, when I worked at a call center years ago. She was latina/white and dyed her dark brown hair light brown, and was always COMPLAINING about it because she would have to get her roots done so often. I would see her roots...in a month she would have an inch or more of dark brown roots, no kidding.

spinspinshuga

I used to work with a woman who's hair grew 1 - 1.5 inches a month. She was in the cubicle next to me, when I worked at a call center years ago. She was latina/white and dyed her dark brown hair light brown, and was always COMPLAINING about it because she would have to get her roots done so often. I would see her roots...in a month she would have an inch or more of dark brown roots, no kidding.

I wish I had these kinds of hair woes! :grin:

SoCalli

I agree with the other ladies. I don't think those claims are true. I've never seen pictures. I average 0.5 inches a month. I know a family with three ladies who have waist length hair. Their hair growth is average, but the thing is that they have the strongest hair I have ever felt. A strand fell out, and I tried to snap it. That sucker would not snap! I pulled it harder and harder and harder until it finally did. That is why some people can achieve long hair effortlessly. My hair is very fine. I have to handle with extreme care to achieve that kind of result.

Ganjababy

I got 1" for 1 month on OCT but it gave me bumps in my head and that daily application was tiring. I took pics and all in the old OCT thread. I normally get just under 0.5". I do not think it would have continued though. Never heard of 1.5 or 2 inch hair growth though, but my Asian coworkers hair grows so fast that I would not be surprised if they are getting an inch per month but def not 1.5 or 2"

SparkleDoll

I was looking in SweetCashews fotiki and based on some of her pics I would say she gets way more growth than the average person per month.

I white lady I work with wears an ear length bob and by the time the next month comes along, her hair is to the bottom or her neck. She does have a short neck, but she gets about 2 inches a month. She never lets her hair grow, she gets it cut to her ear every month like clock work.

msa

I think some people don't know what an inch actually is :rolleyes: grab a ruler if you're unsure.

MonPetite

I naturally get .5-.75 a month without growth aids.

With growth aids 1-1.25" a month (Thanks Megatek :grin:).

Growth aids + vitamins + a HIGH (as in hard on my kidneys exactly 95g per day) protein diet = 1.5" a month.

With ALL THAT I could POSSIBLY get 1.5"+ a month...during the SUMMER ONLY (it's humid here).

I don't eat refined foods or processed foods which includes snack crackers, soda, fruit drinks, etc. in general which may play a role in my hair's natural growth rate. Also, I eat diary and meat often (protein and whole grain heavy diet -I'm American, what can I say? :lachen:).

Doing ALL THAT and starting with a natural rate of .5-.75" I STILL might not get 1.5" a month.

(Yes, I know how long an inch actually is.... :look:)

I find it hard to believe outside of pure genetics or a CRAZY regimen you could have that much growth a month.:ohwell:

To be honest, I couldn't keep up a regimen that would give me that much growth (the one mentioned above) and I wouldn't want to put my body through that. If I don't have it naturally it just isn't meant to be, IMHO.:nono:

That said, if you find something that can give me that kind of growth with moderate side effects (yes, I said "moderate", shame on me:lachen:) PM ME!

Last edited:

Chevelure618

Its been 3.5 weeks since my last relaxer and I have just under 1 inch of NG. I've used Megatek a few times in this time, because I wanted to make a comparison. The first time I used it I noticed increased growth too. My usual growth rate is exactly 1/2 inch/month. Even so, I don't like to use the Megatek. It makes my scalp itch and burn and that scares me, but sometimes I'll use it. I don't think I'll buy it again, I think I'll try OCT.

GV-NA-GI-TLV-GE-I

My cousin gets 3 inches per month. She's always growing it to waistlength then cutting off to 2 inches to donate to cancer charities.

There's actually a village in Mexico where the ladies grow 6 inches of hair monthly but they have thyroid disease.

Odontyouwish

Well I waited 10 months to do my BC and when I did I had 5 inches of natural hair, proving that I can grow 6 inches a year.

Nonie

My cousin gets 3 inches per month. She's always growing it to waist length then cutting off to 2 inches to donate to cancer charities.

There's actually a village in Mexico where the ladies grow 6 inches of hair monthly but they have thyroid disease.

I would have to see evidence of this to believe it, I'm sorry. I'm yet to see 12 inches a month (ETA I mean, a year :giggle: ) let alone 36 inches and now you're talking about 72 inches a year? :look: Uhmm...OK!

And why is it that every time we hear of growth spurts there's always a story of cutting it? :look:

Last edited:

MissNina

Libra Girl
I just think new growth looks like more than it really is in general until you actually measure it. I'm sure some very, very rare and lucky ppl can have a much higher growth rate, but really. . .I don't think ppl we usually claim do. Their retention is probably what does it, like foxxy explained. My hair seemed like it grew ultra fast, but it was just strong as steel so I was retaining damn near everything. . .I never touched my hair outside of the salon every week or 2. It would break somewhat but compared to how much hair I had and overall. . .you couldn't (and still can't) tell it.

I don't think some ppl get how serious retention really is. Retention is the diff b/w being SL and BSL, not hair growth per se.

new2law

Thanks for all the replies. I am trying to decipher fact from fiction. Hahaha! It seemes some over exaggerate when sharing their hair growth. I am new to the healthy hair growing thing and therefore never checked to see how much growth I got pwer month but, I will be checking in the future. I just don't want to introduce all this growth aides to my body or scalp because there is just something unnatural about the process and I don't know about long term effects. I always lean on the side of caution with health. I am afraid of some of the exreme measures I have read that some are indulging in. Thanks again ladies. Happy healthy hair growing to you all.

new2law

I just think new growth looks like more than it really is in general until you actually measure it. I'm sure some very, very rare and lucky ppl can have a much higher growth rate, but really. . .I don't think ppl we usually claim do. Their retention is probably what does it, like foxxy explained. My hair seemed like it grew ultra fast, but it was just strong as steel so I was retaining damn near everything. . .I never touched my hair outside of the salon every week or 2. It would break somewhat but compared to how much hair I had and overall. . .you couldn't (and still can't) tell it.

I don't think some ppl get how serious retention really is. Retention is the diff b/w being SL and BSL, not hair growth per se.

I agree. Retention is what I am looking for.

Nonie

Retention or no retention, I still think if you were growing 2 inches a month and experiencing breakage you'd still make it from shoulder to APL in 6 months and from APL to bra strap in less than 6 months. Now if you were retaining all, you'd go from shoulder to BSL in 6 months. I'm yet to see this. Funny how the folks with the longest hair on this forum don't make these claims.

SoCalli

Well I waited 10 months to do my BC and when I did I had 5 inches of natural hair, proving that I can grow 6 inches a year.

Sounds about average to me. 10 months x 0.5 will give you five inches.

Yes, they never have to get trims. They use heat all the time and their strands are strong as steel just like you said! It's crazy! Retention is definitely the key to their success, not abnormal growth rates. Their hair just never breaks and is very beautiful.

kblc06

Hmm...I only know of one person in real life like this and she's caucasian with calf-length hair-actually her hair may grow like 2.5 in/per month. She can cut it to her shoulders and NO LESS than 4-6 months later it will be at least WSL again. It may take her another 3 or so months to get back to classic length-but I think this type of growth rate is highly abnormal. Most quick growers I know average maybe an 1-1.25 in a month

Another super-grower on this forum besides SweetCashew is Silvergirl

Last edited: