Clipdini

anon123

So I've been seeing these fancy doodads in Claire's. Usually I can't figure out how to make these things compatible with an afro. But I decided to try this Mega ClipDini. It said it holds "a lotta hair". Hmm, okay, we'll see. Well, it took some wrangling, but I did manage to get all my hair in it. It's fun, complicated, and mysterious-looking.

Though I bet it would work better on longer and/or more stretched out/looser hair.

Here's the site:
http://www.hairdini.com/MegaClipDini.html

anon123

thanks, naturalgirl. :kiss: i can't quite manage your types of buns, so i have to work with what i got. actually, this was the only way I could figure out how to get my hair in it.

LunadeMiel

I hate you for this thread....:yep: j/k
I have more than enough hair clip thingies..

I wonder if they will work on my hair...:sekret:

JustKiya

*has a small burst of jealousy over the sheer quantity of Mwedzi's hair* :fistshake:

That IS interesting! Can you take a picture of the clipdini itself? The website doesn't give you any good product shots. :lick: :lol:

anon123

I hate you for this thread....:yep: j/k
I have more than enough hair clip thingies..

I wonder if they will work on my hair...:sekret:

but see, this one is special. you probably don't have any that look like this.

*has a small burst of jealousy over the sheer quantity of Mwedzi's hair* :fistshake:

That IS interesting! Can you take a picture of the clipdini itself? The website doesn't give you any good product shots. :lick: :lol:

You have plenty of hair yourself, but I'm willing to let some of mine go.

Here's a pic:

So I took the top half of my hair from ear to ear and put it in the barrette. So the bottom half was free and hanging down (as much as my hair "hangs", at least). Then I took one half of the bottom free part and twisted it upwards and put it in one of the clamps on top of the barrette. I did the same for the other bottom half. It was a squeeze, but I got in there.

JustKiya

Ahhhhh. That's most interesting. I see, I see. That could work nicely, yes it could - and it should keep your hair 'stretched' too, so that it doesn't tangle as much while loose.

That's purty darn slick.

Girl, if people could trade body parts freely - :lachen: - that would be - amsuing, to say the least. :lol:

Lavendar

Oooo...thanks for this Mwedzi! I've seen this in Claire's a couple of times, but I needed more visual than they give on the package. You're very creative...I love those styles! I'm not sure this will work for me though...I don't have a whole lotta hair like you have.

JustKiya

They do come in different sizes though, don't they? *goes to look at website again*

Yeah, they have a Mega Clipdini and then they have a 'regular' Clipdini, too.... :yep:

Lavendar

They do come in different sizes though, don't they? *goes to look at website again*

Yeah, they have a Mega Clipdini and then they have a 'regular' Clipdini, too.... :yep:

I just remembered seeing the Mega...thanks JK! I'll go back to the store and see if they have the smaller version.

LadyPaniolo

WHY? Is this whole forum a conspiracy to claw every nickel out of my hands?
*off to check for clipdini on ebay*

anon123

WHY? Is this whole forum a conspiracy to claw every nickel out of my hands?
*off to check for clipdini on ebay*

lol, i've wondered the same thing myself. now here i am, continuing the cycle. :nono:

Unless your hair is very thin, I vote for the Mega Clipdini. In fact, I couldn't get my hair into this one on first try. I tried to take my loose chunky twist out hair and put half of it in the barrette and it was a no-go. That's why I have the rolls on the sides of my head, not to be fancy, but because I had to roll the hair first in order to get even half of it in that barrette.

Um, I just realized you guys are saying you love the styles. thank you! :kiss:, but you do realize that's all the same hairdo, just different angles, right?

Last edited:

LadyPaniolo

Hmm... even hair toys designed for thick hair often won't fit in my head. I better save my money... and buy the Hairzings instead :drunk: