Weaves vs. Wigs/Half Wigs...

PopLife

Is it just me or does it seem like people have negative opinions about wigs/half wigs over weaves. I have heard women make fun of another woman wearing a wig when they have a weave sewn up in their head.
What makes a weave better than a wig/half wig? Aren't they pretty much the same (fake hair attached to your head) at the end of the day? I don't get it.... :ohwell:

sugarwater

It's the same to me but when I was growing up, I thought that wig were for bald old ladies. I have no idea why. It took me a while to get that out of my head :lol:

southerncitygirl

Hmmm,to me I think a wig is a healthier way to retain length and really see what's going on with your hair but to each its own. I did weaves for a year and because of the way the girl braided my hair ( small braids not in a circle) I didn't retain any length for a whole yr.(tons of split ends everytime I took it down) to each its own. Wigs can look fabulous you just have to take your time when shopping for one. I think theres the old idea still prevailing that people that don't have hair resort to wearing wigs (think great aunty or grandma) but celebrities wearing wigs has changed that (I hate lacefronts though).

PopLife

good question. i'm thinking maybe because a wig can be snatched off of one's head easier than a weave. :blush:

I guess...maybe I'm biased because I see more benefits in wearing wigs/half wigs...cheaper, option to take off, and you can care for your hair better....

I guess everyone has their preferences, but I don't like when people act like their "fake" hair is better just because it's sewn in...give me a break. :rolleyes:

mstar

Luxury bacon
Probably because most wigs and lacefronts look obviously fake. They can look fantastic if you know what you're doing, but most of them look a HAM.

There are tons of bad weaves, too (of course) but I think most weaves look a little more realistic than a wig.