Have you ever seen a bad spirit leave someone?

dreamgurl

Question: Why are people being delivered in the sanctuary and not in private? I'm on a deliverance team and we've never done it in public. Maybe i'm missing something but is that "normal" for deliverance ministry?

I had a private deliverance and pray to God if I ever need another one that it too will be done in private. :yep: The one thing I do remember and don't mind sharing is that the spirit of doubt was the very last to leave and took the longest. It truly did not want to let go. Afterwards, I knew that if doubt remained, I would not have believed the power of God and his mercy to deliver and forgive me of things that did not honor Him nor please Him. I don't want anything separating me from my Father in Heaven. :nono:

I agree with Shimmie about the distractions and tactics the enemy uses during service and how easy it is to divert our attention off of God and immediately onto satan. However, if someone is in need of deliverance during service, we should pray that the man or woman of God He uses is operating under the anointing/authority of the Holy Spirit and is being obedient to the Spirit of God and not that of the flesh to "perform a show".

As someone else had mentioned, I too will not allow just anyone to lay hands on me or pray for me. God has blessed me with keen discernment (there were times I didn't always follow through on what I knew) but I pray to be increased even more in such a time as this with the discerning of spirits because we are truly in Spiritual Warfare!

mrselle

As someone else had mentioned, I too will not allow just anyone to lay hands on me or pray for me. God has blessed me with keen discernment (there were times I didn't always follow through on what I knew) but I pray to be increased even more in such a time as this with the discerning of spirits because we are truly in Spiritual Warfare!

I have a keen spirit of discernment too. Do you find it difficult to be around certain people because of your discernment? Sometimes I do because I pick up on a lot of things that most people don't.

dreamgurl

I have a keen spirit of discernment too. Do you find it difficult to be around certain people because of your discernment? Sometimes I do because I pick up on a lot of things that most people don't.

Yes I do find it difficult to be around certain individuals. I don't judge or pre-judge but God has had me set apart for so long. I'm still trying to get used to traveling this lonely highway. Come to think of it, certain people can't be around me either.

I still have love in my heart for my neighbor no matter what.

I find this interesting. Can you and/or Dreamgurl describe what it is about certain people that you can't be around them or that they can't be around you?

There is a particular person I know that I can't be around. I feel uncomfortable about the vibe this person gives off. I'm not sure why though. I may dislike someone's actions, but I very rarely dislike a person so I think it has to be more to it.

dreamgurl

I find this interesting. Can you and/or Dreamgurl describe what it is about certain people that you can't be around them or that they can't be around you?

There is a particular person I know that I can't be around. I feel uncomfortable about the vibe this person gives off. I'm not sure why though. I may dislike someone's actions, but I very rarely dislike a person so I think it has to be more to it.

I'll give an example of when I was a little girl and had no clue as to what discernment meant:

My mother used to have a few of her lady friends call the house and I can remember about two of them that I just did not like. When my mother asked me why? I could not provide her with a good reason as to why I did not like these two women. One of them lived right up the street from us and the other one was a Church family member. Out of the few friends my mom had, these were the two that did her wrong in the worst way later down the road.

I was the same way with my aunt, who is my mother's sister. It was that "something about her" I just didn't know how to put my finger on. Well, one day she called my mother and left a message on our answering service. My mother wasn't home but I was and just didn't pick up the phone. My auntie had someone else on three way when she called in talking dirt about my mom, not realizing she was being recorded the whole time on our answering service...she forgot to hang up.

I'll explain something else a little later. I'll add that I no longer say I don't like someone like I did when I didn't know any better. I just keep my distance and keep it moving. Sometimes, I don't and wind up paying the price later. That's why I said sometimes I don't always follow through on what the Spirit of God is saying when I should know better than to deal with certain individuals. :look:

I'll give an example of when I was a little girl and had no clue as to what discernment meant:

My mother used to have a few of her lady friends call the house and I can remember about two of them that I just did not like. When my mother asked me why? I could not provide her with a good reason as to why I did not like these two women. One of them lived right up the street from us and the other one was a Church family member. Out of the few friends my mom had, these were the two that did her wrong in the worst way later down the road.

I was the same way with my aunt, who is my mother's sister. It was that "something about her" I just didn't know how to put my finger on. Well, one day she called my mother and left a message on our answering service. My mother wasn't home but I was and just didn't pick up the phone. My auntie had someone else on three way when she called in talking dirt about my mom, not realizing she was being recorded the whole time on our answering service...she forgot to hang up.

I'll explain something else a little later. I'll add that I no longer say I don't like someone like I did when I didn't know any better. I just keep my distance and keep it moving. Sometimes, I don't and wind up paying the price later. That's why I said sometimes I don't always follow through on what the Spirit of God is saying when I should know better than to deal with certain individuals. :look:

Thanks for sharing. I haven't told anyone I dislike this person, I guess because I don't dislike the person per se. I dislike the vibe they give off. This person actually appeared in a dream and it felt like I was being the friend of the enemy. I won't say much more about it because you never know whose reading. I'm going to pray this person goes away if need be.

Ramya

I had a private deliverance and pray to God if I ever need another one that it too will be done in private. :yep: The one thing I do remember and don't mind sharing is that the spirit of doubt was the very last to leave and took the longest. It truly did not want to let go. Afterwards, I knew that if doubt remained, I would not have believed the power of God and his mercy to deliver and forgive me of things that did not honor Him nor please Him. I don't want anything separating me from my Father in Heaven. :nono:

I agree with Shimmie about the distractions and tactics the enemy uses during service and how easy it is to divert our attention off of God and immediately onto satan. However, if someone is in need of deliverance during service, we should pray that the man or woman of God He uses is operating under the anointing/authority of the Holy Spirit and is being obedient to the Spirit of God and not that of the flesh to "perform a show".

My deliverance was private as well (thank God b/c it was something else :nono:) I've heard people say things and do things that just have me at a loss for words. God has really been working on me with how the devil uses magnification which ties into what Shimmie posted about (distraction). A lot of what I see manifesting (I have the gift of sight) is magnification and tricks to scare me. I'm still new to this ministry :eek:

Anyway I also don't allow many people to touch me. This summer I worked in an environment where people had to constantly touch me most of which were not saved or dabbled in some other things. I have never had so much spiritual warfare in my life. :wallbash:

mrselle

I'll try to explain it, but I don't if I'll do a good job. A lot of times it's in a person's eyes. It will be the way they look at me or the way I see them look at a person who is close to me. With the look comes a certain vibe. I don't know. It's usually very easy for me to pick up on how a peson feels about me. I can tell when someone is sincere or not sincere. I don't like it when people use empty words. I try to limit superficial conversations.

My prayer partner says its like I'm seeing things in the spirit. There are things that I see that I think are so obvious that when I ask my husband if he noticed it and he says he didn't I get upset and I think to myself, "How could he not see that. It's so obvious." Then God spoke to me and told me it's because I see things in the spirit. I hope that makes sense.

gn1g

Makes sense.

High risk statement here": I could see some things on Juanita Bynum long before he calamity and Jamal Bryant. I loved there ministry but it was something a tad bit off.

Jenaee

Makes sense.

High risk statement here": I could see some things on Juanita Bynum long before he calamity and Jamal Bryant. I loved there ministry but it was something a tad bit off.

I saw this too. I used to tell my mother there was something about her that didn't sit well with my spirit.

I've been able to discren people all my life. I can never tell people why I feel the way I feel around them, I can just say that something doesn't feel right.

dreamgurl

Having the spiritual gift of discernment must never come from a critical spirit but from a spirit/heart of love. I believe those who have this gift must understand the true purpose of God revealing the things beyond the natural. It is for those who have this gift to intercede for the individual beyond prejudice of any kind.

The reason I say I can't be around certain people for a long period of time is because my spirit doesn't quite feel at peace which makes me a bit uneasy and drained. So I must go back in and be still so I can hear and see that which is of God if only through His word.

All in all, I still try to search for the goodness in people I meet because of the love I have in my heart for God's wonderful creations. Truth of the matter, you just never know why a person is the way they are. We must always be slow to speak, quick to listen, and slow to anger. For love precedes peace, and peace precedes perception.

mrselle

The reason I say I can't be around certain people for a long period of time is because my spirit doesn't quite feel at peace which makes me a bit uneasy and drained. So I must go back in and be still so I can hear and see that which is of God if only through His word.

Exactly. That is what I was trying to say. :)

loved

I went to the hospital a few days after a friend's child was born. She had been having mental issues and unbeknownst to her, the hospital staff had contacted her mom to let her know that they would be committing my friend. When I arrived, my friend was having a meltdown including crying about her milk drying up if she was committed, so I started calling friends who were attorneys to stop the commitment.

Long story short - her mom arrived with my friend's son and while a doctor was in the room, my friend continued in meltdown mode and affirmed the hospital's decision to commit her.

As a backdrop, she was in a longterm relationship with a Liberian and she became a different person since they dated and began having children and her mother was of the mind that he invoked some spirit over her.

That evening I came home and the entire night, I saw spirits walking in and out of my bedroom in the form of a young naked black man.

I didn't see my friend for a long time after that and told her later that I was uncomfortable with some of the things that were happening around her whenever I came around. She told me that random strangers would tell her that they needed to move away from her because they saw spirits on her.
She was raised in the church and says that she has been up for prayer, but the problem persists.

saved06

I've had a spirit try to attack me. I was sleeping in my room and I woke up to see a green vapor coming from my vents trying to engulf me. I know for a fact I was awake. I"m 100% sure I was awake. I yelled "NOOOO" and hid under my covers. When I closed my eyes it look like red blood dripping down. I knew I was covered by the blood of Jesus. This spiritual battle is no joke...ohh and after that I notice when I am sleep my spirit will cause me to say the name "jesus"...I find myself praying aloud when I'm sleep

Britt

I've had a spirit try to attack me. I was sleeping in my room and I woke up to see a green vapor coming from my vents trying to engulf me. I know for a fact I was awake. I"m 100% sure I was awake. I yelled "NOOOO" and hid under my covers. When I closed my eyes it look like red blood dripping down. I knew I was covered by the blood of Jesus. This spiritual battle is no joke...ohh and after that I notice when I am sleep my spirit will cause me to say the name "jesus"...I find myself praying aloud when I'm sleep

I'm scurrrrred.....
I read this thread and it really did scare me.
6 years ago I really started to pray and read the Bible more ... I distinctly remember one night when I was between sleep and wake in my room, a voice came over me that said "Jesus is not real, Jesus is not real, don't believe in Jesus"... I was scared shytlesssss and terrified :nono:

zzirvingj

Having the spiritual gift of discernment must never come from a critical spirit but from a spirit/heart of love. I believe those who have this gift must understand the true purpose of God revealing the things beyond the natural. It is for those who have this gift to intercede for the individual beyond prejudice of any kind.

All in all, I still try to search for the goodness in people I meet because of the love I have in my heart for God's wonderful creations. Truth of the matter, you just never know why a person is the way they are. We must always be slow to speak, quick to listen, and slow to anger. For love precedes peace, and peace precedes perception.

What a powerful/insightful post...this thread is very interesting...:yep: