What Type of Hair Dryer Do You Use?

• I use a hard bonnet hair dryer

Votes: 49 56.3%
  • I use a soft bonnet hair dryer

Votes: 38 43.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

charmtreese

I have had several soft bonnet dryers over the years, all made by LadyCarel, and one every single one the plastic ring on the bonnet where you attach the airtube tore away. I ended up using tape, bobby pins and anything else keep the tube connected. Also, the drawstring that tightens the bonnet loses its elastic very quickly, and I had to jerry rig that too to get it to stay on my head. So a few months ago I said "forget it":mad: and purchased a $100 hard bonnet dryer on a stand with casters, and I love it.

But now this Ion soft bonnet dryer looks like it would work much better than what I had. Hmmmm.....

OMG Carel soft bonnet blow dryers are the worst. The same thing kept happening to me, after a few uses the ring would come unattached!:wallbash: I ended up having to take about 4 of them back to Sally's.

Currently, I use a Conairpro Soft bonnet attachment along with my Ion Ionic blow dryer. This works great for me it's portable and since the dryer has 1875 watts my hair drys in about an hour and 15 minutes on warm/low.

prospurr4

I have both, but I only use the soft bonnet dryer..if Iuse a dryer at all. I prefer airdrying overnight but sometimes my hair is not totally dry by morning. So, I get a "head start" by using the soft bonnet dryer for about an hour and then finish airdrying.

I have a Lady Carel dryer (for about 10 years now) and still use it. I love the portability of the soft bonnet dryer...I've even dozed off with it on my head.:look:

Angkin73

I have had several soft bonnet dryers over the years, all made by LadyCarel, and one every single one the plastic ring on the bonnet where you attach the airtube tore away. I ended up using tape, bobby pins and anything else keep the tube connected. Also, the drawstring that tightens the bonnet loses its elastic very quickly, and I had to jerry rig that too to get it to stay on my head. So a few months ago I said "forget it":mad: and purchased a $100 hard bonnet dryer on a stand with casters, and I love it.

But now this Ion soft bonnet dryer looks like it would work much better than what I had. Hmmmm.....
:lachen::lachen::lachen:
I have the soft bonnet by Carel, and just like you, the ring came out the 2nd time I used it. I used clear duck tape to put mine back together. You know duck tape will fix anything! :lachen::lachen:

frizzy

I use my hard bonnet for drying rollersets at home. I use the soft bonnet for DCing and when I'm away from home.

sqzbly1908

I use my hard bonnet for drying rollersets at home. I use the soft bonnet for DCing and when I'm away from home.

I use mine exactly like Frizzy - but I have since bought a heating cap for my deep conditioners - my soft bonnet gets hot as heck!!!

myxdchiick

Since I can't sit still for long periods of time, I looove my Ionic Soft Bonnet Dryer! It dries my hair in 45 minutes ( I also use the largest rollers I can - currently 3" Light Green ones). The only thing is I can't do my conditioning treatments with it. So I use a conditioning heat cap for that.

Cool where did u get it from!? How much? What brand?
if possible, is there a link?
Sorry for all the questions I just was shocked when you said 45 min.

LovelyNaps26

i can't afford a dryer on wheels and the pibbs is totally out of the question until i graduate.

has anyone tried this one. it's and ionic dryer by gold n' hot. it made me laugh but it has decent reviews on amazon

ETA: nvmd. I found a thread. http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=309729&highlight=ionic+soft+bonnet

Last edited:

SelfStyled