Any miracle results with biotin?

imstush

I have been taking Biotin and a B complex for longer than a year, but I haven't been too consistent. I am now taking it daily for the past month. So hopefully I will see some difference. It's a Duane Reade brand (300 mg)and I take Phytophanère which also has Biotin (.2mg) and B6 (2mg)

P

Paradox

Everyone, please disregard my previous posts.

We now think that my bumps are actually an allergic reaction to mosquito bites. They are not due to Biotin. Sorry for the mis-information. :wallbash:
thanks for being thoughtful enough for correcting that:grin:

2themax

Oneya,

I know that I replied previously, but I just wanted to share some more......hope that's ok Ladies.

This is a very informative thread. Thank you very much for starting it and keeping it going when there weren't very many responses at first!

Ladies, from my experience with Biotin, I learned fast that the more water that you drink, the more the acne will clear up and the faster and sometimes thicker your hair will grow. I look at it like planting seeds...if you don't water and and fertilize them, they won't have as good a chance at growing the way you want them to. With hair you have to WATER (drink lots of it), FERTILIZE (EO's) and SOW (Vits and Supps). Then, you will REAP (Hair growing). You Reap What You Sow.

Lol and Good Luck Growing.

P

Paradox

Oneya,

I know that I replied previously, but I just wanted to share some more......hope that's ok Ladies.

This is a very informative thread. Thank you very much for starting it and keeping it going when there weren't very many responses at first!

Ladies, from my experience with Biotin, I learned fast that the more water that you drink, the more the acne will clear up and the faster and sometimes thicker your hair will grow. I look at it like planting seeds...if you don't water and and fertilize them, they won't have as good a chance at growing the way you want them to. With hair you have to WATER (drink lots of it), FERTILIZE (EO's) and SOW (Vits and Supps). Then, you will REAP (Hair growing). You Reap What You Sow.

Lol and Good Luck Growing.
That was great illustration. Water is definitely the key to happy hair growing!

Hairicome

I shaved my hair off on 7/26/2008. I must say that my texture has drastically changed. I can brush it down flat and it curls back up. It's going to be beautiful as it gets longer. I can't wait. I stay on my moisture regime though. I co-wash daily and I baggy daily under my wig. I've never broke out thank GOD for that. I take approximated 15,000 mcg daily I will be increasing to 30,000 mcg starting today

Encore

yes. it made my ng so so so thick at 7 weeks i had to relax early because it was just out of control. i loved the thickness but had to stop because of the monstrous cysts and pimples i was getting i mean they were just horrible.... i took the biotin with loadsss of water a B complex vitamin and zinc ( conbats acne) but still i could not take it:eek:ffrant:

i took 5,000 mcg...

livesoundtech

I started taking 200mcg along with vitamin B complex last week,
I want to know for those who take biotin...
How long have you been taking biotin ?
How long did it take for you to see results?
What were the results?
Did your hair grow any faster?
How many mcg did you take?
What brand of boitin did you take?

thanks so much!

How long have you been taking biotin ? Since Sept. 9, 2008
How long did it take for you to see results? Already have seen 3/4 of an inch of growth, which is amazing for me.
What were the results? I used to dye my hair, so I can measure my roots to determine growth. My hair grew over a half inch this month... usually it takes me 3 or 4 months to grow a half inch.
Did your hair grow any faster? so far, yes, but i haven't been taking it long term.
How many mcg did you take? 5000mcg (5mg). biotin works best in high doses like this. it is a water soluble vitamin, so you can't overdose. just avoid caffeine with it - i stop consuming caffeine at 5pm and take my biotin just before bed.
What brand of boitin did you take? Nature's Way Sublingual form... they dissolve under the tongue.

Also, some people complain of increased acne when taking biotin. To avoid this, take a multivitamin as well, and drink lots of water. I noticed a little acne around that time of the month, but it has not persisted.