Did weave damage or thin out your hair??

spritex

There are soo many ways, lol. If the braider braids to tight, all that tension on your scalp can cause you to suffer from alopecia, where you literally kill of your follicles.

For some the weave thread slices through their own hair.

If too much hair is sewed on- tension damage

Also some don't know to moisturize their braids under the sew in

For me it was all the above.....and not really being able to wash and deep condition they way I should have.

But my biggest mistake was never letting my hair rest between installs, and relaxing and weaving back up on the same day.....I can't believe I use to be sooooo dumb!:nono:
Same here. For three years straight I was doing back to back weaves, not taking care of my own hair underneath. Needless to say when I started looking into healthy hair care practices my hair was a sight. I have worked hard to nurture it and will never put weaves in again.
I know some ladies are fine with constant weaves, problem is - you ONLY know you are AFTER the fact.

Jetblackhair

I didn't have a full weave but I had about 3 tracks to make my hair appear fuller. My hair was left out in between the tracks and that caused major damage.

I guess my hair didn't like being sandwiched between the weaved hair.

Kneechay

I didn't have a full weave but I had about 3 tracks to make my hair appear fuller. My hair was left out in between the tracks and that caused major damage.

I guess my hair didn't like being sandwiched between the weaved hair.

I could see how this can cause major damage. If your hair's sandwiched between weave, you probably didn't take care of your hair as you should because you wanted to keep it uniform with the weave. You may have used a lot of heat and maybe not enough moisturizing to avoid weighing the weave down or making it appear oily.

I'm in a weave and I suggest not getting relaxers in between. I think its damaging to weakened hair. Additionally, in a weave, its a good idea to get a spray or a pointed tip bottle, mix oils, condishes and water and moisturize the hair thats left out and the braided hair in between the tracks. Massaging a little oil into the scalp does a world of difference.

Hair doesnt have to go through damage in weave, it's protective. Dont be scared to wash and moisturize YOUR hair just as you do when it's not in a weave.

Kerryann

this is what i was trying to tell people before. Your hair gets damaged under a weave its a nice look dont get me wrong but at a point its going to get damage from the thread, tight braids and not treating it on the regular. no matter how much conditioner you use in it thats still not going to work. after taking it out geezzzzzzzzzzz louisssssssss at the take down and the combing out