Marriage Prayers for Singles - It is God's Will for You to be Married

Lucia

I want to just meet him. I want to get married in 2016. I'll be 30 then. I'm not pressed to get married like I was at age 27, but I just want to meet the man I'm supposed to marry. I was pressed in late 2013 and things didn't go well...I *thought* I met him and wasted a good year with the back and forth.
Have you seen the episode where the Duggar daughter gets engaged married and the other sister gets engaged the way their suitors treated them was nothin at all like you see on tv nowadays I just happened to be up late and tlc had a marathon or something. My point is that the men made their intentions known they declared they approached the father So that experience you hd that didn't go well just know hat it's.made you wiser and better prepare to select your future husband but Imo you should follow Tony Evans advice and make your father or elder family member or trustworthy church elders or upstanding mature couple part of the courtship accountability so that won't happen again. I hope that made sense.

Last edited:

DreamLife

Have you seen the episode where the Duggar daughter gets engaged married and the other sister gets engaged the way their suitors treated them was nothin at all like you see on tv nowadays I just happened to be up late and tlc had a marathon or something. My point is that the men made their intentions known they declared they approached the father So that experience you hd that didn't go well just know hat it's.made you wiser and better prepare to select your future husband but Imo you should follow Tony Evans advice and make your father or elder family member or trustworthy church elders or upstanding mature couple part of the courtship accountability so that won't happen again. I hope that made sense.
No I rarely watch tv. But yes... I plan on doing that. I didn't join a church until a few months after we started dating so no accountability there. He requested to speak with my mom one day when I was with her (dad wasn't with us at the time). Said his intentions were good blah blah. He met my parents (dad and mom) and some other family once (he requested to meet them). They pulled him to the side when I walked away and grilled the mess out of him but he put on a show, said he was serious (I still don't know what all was said). I don't think he approached them directly at that time. My mom didn't like him because she saw through the show but didn't tell me until things went bad (I was upset about that but she said I wouldn't have listened). She has a lot of discernment. My other family members loved him (couldn't see past the show). We had just met about two months prior. Since he was requesting to meet them I was fooled into believing he was serious but that's just the kind of mess he does. My dad doesn't like anyone lol and seemed happy when I said it was over. It's a long, silly story but yes I know that was a major thing that will change. Since I live away from my parents I will make sure I get some accountability from my elders (other family here, church) if they can't meet him soon enough. After my experience, I realized that this was super important.

Last edited:

DreamLife

Wow Lucia that was very elaborate and well thought out. It was nice how he kept both families incorporated throughout the courting process.

Belle Du Jour

I love reading courtship stories (there are loads on the internet of "God-written stories"). I think a traditional approach is best. At my age (30s) my family won't be as involved as say the Duggar or Bates model but I believe in starting a relationship with the intention of discerning marriage. If it doesn't work out, nothing will be lost since the friendship/courtship should remain chaste. We have a lot to learn form these "old-fashioned" way of doing things :yep:

jprayze

I read this entire thread...thanks to all who have participated so far with the encouragement, prayers, scripture etc. You all have truly been a blessing. Keep posting, praying, believing and providing testimonies!

stephluv

Lucia aww i'm gonna stop checking out your videos lol How much can a sentimental woman like me can take?

I'm still smiling and about to go into prayer over the Proposal Thanks for the videos they are encouraging

Lucia

Prayer series 2 weeks
A Prayer for my Future Husband

Day 1

Loving Father, if I am called to the sacramental life of matrimony, hear my prayer now for the person who will be my spouse. Be with him today and every day. Help him through the challenges of becoming an adult and send my support in prayer through any difficulties. In this way, may I genuinely love this person even before we meet. I ask for help ahead of time to be respectful and honourable when we meet and begin a relationship. I ask for help ahead of time to be faithful, supportive, strong, and as loving as I can be when we are married. If I am privileged to help create new human beings, I pray today for my children. You exist outside of time, and you know who they will be, so I can pray for them now. Help me to do everything I can now to become the best parent I can be for them, from the day they are born to the day you call me home to heaven. Amen

http://www.mitchelstownparish.ie/young_people_prayers.html

http://alovelycalling.com/prayers-for-my-future-husband/

DAY 2

Lord, please bless my future husband today with the gift of friends. Please bring him godly mentors and companions that will spur him on in the pursuit of godliness. I pray especially that he would have examples of godly men to look up to. I ask that You would give him friends his own age who are seeking You with their lives. Please help him to be surrounded with the people that will draw him nearer to You and not farther away. And please give him friends that will bring laughter and joy into his life. Amen.

Last edited:

Lucia

Prayers for becoming a future wife

This is a prayer series for 2 weeks

http://alovelycalling.com/prayers-for-becoming-a-future-wife/

DAY 1

Dear Lord, I know that I am your daughter. You are the prefect Father and I could not ask for a better protector! I know that you have picked out the man that you want me to marry. You know his name, what he looks like, how he acts, his personality, his past and future flaws, and you are saving me for him. I know he will not be perfect and I know that I am not perfect. But I know that you are molding me into the kind of woman that my future husband needs. Lord, I ask that you build in me the kind of characteristics that will support my husband and his ambitions and dreams. Help me to learn how to come alongside of him with a servants heart and with wisdom in how to be his right hand. I want to encourage bless, serve and obey my future husband in all matters. Please prepare me and equip me for this task while I am not yet married Jesus. Thank you for training me Lord. Help me to accept any change that might take place while you are creating me to be a future Help-Mate. I love you Lord, Amen.

Last edited:

Lucia

2week prayer series

http://alovelycalling.com/prayers-for-becoming-a-future-wife/

DAY 3

Dear God, help me to put my trust in you and wait for you to bring my future husband to me in your perfect timing. Help me not to be anxious or worried about when that time will be but to rest and wait on you. Thank you that you have had this man picked out for me before I was even born. Thank you for making him for me. Keep my heart pure and safe in your care so that I will be ready to marry him whenever you choose to bring him along. I love you Jesus. Thank you. Amen

Last edited:

Lucia

Lucia

This thread is awesome we can't let it fade away
@Shimmie

Psalms 136

136 Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good,
for his steadfast love endures forever.
2 Give thanks to the God of gods,
3 Give thanks to the Lord of lords,
for his steadfast love endures forever;

4 to him who alone does great wonders,
5 to him who by understanding made the heavens,
6 to him who spread out the earth above the waters,
7 to him who made the great lights,
8 the sun to rule over the day,
9 the moon and stars to rule over the night,

10 to him who struck down the firstborn of Egypt,
11 and brought Israel out from among them,
12 with a strong hand and an outstretched arm,
13 to him who divided the Red Sea in two,
14 and made Israel pass through the midst of it,
15 but overthrew[a] Pharaoh and his host in the Red Sea,
16 to him who led his people through the wilderness,

17 to him who struck down great kings,
18 and killed mighty kings,
19 Sihon, king of the Amorites,
20 and Og, king of Bashan,
21 and gave their land as a heritage,
22 a heritage to Israel his servant,

23 It is he who remembered us in our low estate,
24 and rescued us from our foes,
25 he who gives food to all flesh,

26 Give thanks to the God of heaven,

Last edited:

Lucia

I have found the love of my life.. and I talk about us eventually marrying and he is all we are on two diffrent paths.. I am so hurt.. why is it htat every time I think I have met the ONe it's always some mess sigh

@luthiengirlie

I'm sorry your hurting. I understand where you're coming from but if he needs to go find himself or whatever pray for him to find his way in Jesus and let him go. Either he's not for you and God will bring someone else or God will bring him back to you after he's learned some hard knocks school of life lessons but you don't want him if he's not the real ONE. o_O You know what I mean?

Sometimes or most times God works in mysterious ways we don't understand but take this to Jesus in prayer.
Have you ever read Persuasion by Jane Austen or seen the movie there's a good recent version. It's about a couple who break up and how they round about were face to face years later. I don't want to give it away but it's a great story.

* I'm not saying this is your case but it shows how we can't even imagine how God is writing our story.

His ways are not our ways.... Isaiah 55:8-9

Get your bible out and start reading pray the Psalms any ones you want. Don't just read Psalms are prayers songs to the Lord if you didn't know. pray for the Holy Spirit to give you understanding patience endurance before reading and let it sink in. I will pray for you.

Here's some suggestions if you don't know where to start

Psalm 139:4
I praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.[a]
Wonderful are your works;
my soul knows it very well.

Jeremiah 29:11
1 Corinthians 13:4-8
Psalms 6, 23, 91, 121, 136, 150

Last edited:

luthiengirlie

@luthiengirlie

I'm sorry your hurting. I understand where you're coming from but if he needs to go find himself or whatever pray for him to find his way in Jesus and let him go. Either he's not for you and God will bring someone else or God will bring him back to you after he's learned some hard knocks school of life lessons but you don't want him if he's not the real ONE. o_O You know what I mean?

Sometimes or most times God works in mysterious ways we don't understand but take this to Jesus in prayer.
Have you ever read Persuasion by Jane Austen or seen the movie there's a good recent version. It's about a couple who break up and how they round about were face to face years later. I don't want to give it away but it's a great story.

* I'm not saying this is your case but it shows how we can't even imagine how God is writing our story.

His ways are not our ways.... Isaiah 55:8-9

Get your bible out and start reading pray the Pslams any ones you want. Don't just read Pslams are prayers songs to the Lord if you didn't know. pray for the Holy Spirit to give you understanding patience endurance before reading and let it sink in. I will pray for you.

Here's some suggestions if you don't know where to start

Psalm 139:4
I praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.[a]
Wonderful are your works;
my soul knows it very well.

Jeremiah 29:11
1 Corinthians 13:4-8
Psalms 6, 23, 91, 121, 136, 150

Thank you so much thank you

sithembile

Thank you for your encouragement, Shimmie and all the ladies. I've been on this forum for over 3 years. During that time, I got saved, was single for 2 years and prayed for a husband. The Lord brought a wonderful Christian into my life and we've been dating for 10 months. We are praying and discussing marriage, I believe he is going to propose soon. God is truly good!

Someone liked this old post of mine and I must say I don't even remember posting it. I just wanted to share and encourage you, as we did get married and we just celebrated our 8th anniversary.

We have had many ups and downs (job loss, baby with a serious medical condition, battles with sickness) but through it all, God has sustained us and we experience His favour and blessing over and over again. I know one thing for sure, it would have been much harder if I'd chosen an unsaved partner.

Lucia

Someone liked this old post of mine and I must say I don't even remember posting it. I just wanted to share and encourage you, as we did get married and we just celebrated our 8th anniversary.

We have had many ups and downs (job loss, baby with a serious medical condition, battles with sickness) but through it all, God has sustained us and we experience His favour and blessing over and over again. I know one thing for sure, it would have been much harder if I'd chosen an unsaved partner.

sithembile said:
I know one thing for sure, it would have been much harder if I'd chosen an unsaved partner.

Needs repeating missionary dating is dangerous like playing with fire and getting burned IMO this goes for all unsaved nonChristians especially.

Great testimony love it :):flahssssss:
Beautiful story thanks for sharing

Last edited: