HOTs, Oil Rinse, Sealing April 1st - June 30th 2012 PARTII

choctaw

Doing overnight dc on dry hair using mix of ayurvedic oil and conditioner under a plastic cap. Tonight's combo is amalaki infused sesame, sunflower, tea tree oils with Joico k-pak daily reconstruct conditioner.

winona

[USER=292332]faithVA[/USER] said:
Moisturized with TW Mist Bodifier and sealed my ends with shea butter blend.

I like using tw mist bodifier too especially when I am cornrowed up (wigs/crochet braids). Do you purchase the 8oz or gallon?

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

faithVA

[USER=91051 said:
winona[/USER];16018761]I like using tw mist bodifier too especially when I am cornrowed up (wigs/crochet braids). Do you purchase the 8oz or gallon?

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

I'm using the 8oz because I actually got that free from a LHCF buddy. I not sure if I will repurchase after I use it up. But it is working well for adding a bit of moisture before I seal.

xu93texas

I pre-poo overnight and all day today with a mixture of ayurvedic oils and hempseed oil. I will massage my MN/JBCO/amla oil mixture into scalp and seal with jojoba/grapeseed oil.

Ltown

Greyland
I used hv vatika oil, today after cowash used saruvan brocculi seed oil and evoo,castor, neem oil mixture.

faithVA

Did my version of a HOT. Applied my oil to my scalp with a scalp massage. Applied my DC and sat under my heat cap for 30 minutes. I really need to remember to heat my oil. I always forget.

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
Last night I did a scalp massage with my sulfur oil. Tonight, I'm thinking of doing a HOT with coconut oil. ETA: Maybe I'll add honey to it. I haven't used honey in my hair in a loooong time.

Last edited:

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
Last night I did a scalp massage with my sulfur oil. Tonight, I'm thinking of doing a HOT with coconut oil. ETA: Maybe I'll add honey to it. I haven't used honey in my hair in a loooong time.

Perhaps I'll add the honey tomorrow. I'm doing a HOT with coconut oil and baggying for the night.

faithVA

As I was sealing my ends tonight I realize need to double seal my ends because they are very porous. I cowashed and then put TW Mist Bodifier on my ends and sealed with my shea butter blend. About an hour later my ends were dry and you couldn't tell I put shea butter on them. I then applied the Mist Bodifier on the ends and applied more shea butter. After I finished each twist you couldn't tell I put shea butter on them. I realized then how porous my ends are. So I am going to make sure that for a few weeks I will double, triple, quadruple seal me ends on wash day.

I have some unpetroleum jelly that probably works better. But I want to use up the shea butter. But I may do a test on one twists to see if it holds up better.