What do you do with your hair when you sleep at night?

What do you do with your hair before you go to sleep at night?

• Just throw on sleep bonnet/scarf and go to sleep

Votes: 148 30.3%
  • Wrap hair before wearing bonnet/scarf

Votes: 96 19.7%
  • Braid hair before wearing bonnet/scarf

Votes: 62 12.7%
  • Bun hair before wearing bonnet/scarf

Votes: 52 10.7%
  • I pin up my hair with bobby pins, etc...before wearing bonnet/scarf

Votes: 55 11.3%
  • I just sleep/I don't do anything to my hair

Votes: 33 6.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 42 8.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Diva_Esq

Wrap & silk scarf (thanks to the NY & Co sale I have new ones! :) ) if flat ironed
Bun & silk scarf if bunned and co-washing
twists/ braids with small perm rods at the ends & satin bonnet for braidout/ twistout prep

mistee11

Tonite I used some Let's Jam Straightening Lotion (HeatWave) and flat-ironed with my Conair Infiniti SteamStraightner (no steam used tonite) my natural hair. Then I put it in rollers and tied it up with my satin scarf. I'm off to :sleeping:.

bablou00

Since hair has been in twist just spritz with water mix and rub some coconut oil on my hair and cover with a bonnet. when relaxed I would use a scarf to wrap...or bun

Imani

I roll the front and crown with usally about five magnetic rollers, two in the front, three across the crown (usually the blue or the red ones) and clips .I cross wrap the rest of the hair. I cover it all with a silk scarf with the knot in the front. I also sleep on a satin pillowcase.

My silk scarf is cute. I got it years ago from banana republic. It stays on better than the satin ones for me. I have layers and the rollers allow me to have face framing feathers/curls in the front and some body/height in the crown.

Last edited:

jasminea

I moisturize and seal with oil then put in 4 purple flexirods if I want just a llittle bend/curl or 8 if I want a curlier look. The flexirods are soft and allow for a great nights sleep. I slip on a satin bonnet over them and off to bed I go. Pin curls make me look like a 60's pin-up model, so they do not work for me. Cross wrapping is very good for a straight look as it does not wear out your edges.

The best you tube video I've seen on cross-wrap is below: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMHDfpv8gzA&feature=channel

LoveCraze

Naturalista
Normally I put bantu knots in my hair after applying either Cantu Shea butter, Hawaiian Silky, David Babaii or Oyin Curly pudding to my ends. I then use a scrunchie/kinda to secure instead of bobby pins and put a netted wrap around my edges. I get great reslults this way!:yep:

Bene

A loose braid or, if I'm feeling extra lazy, the bun I had my hair in before going to sleep. No bonnet, no scarf, no satin/silk pillow. I tried the bonnet thing, but I could never remember to put it on, so now it's under the bed somewhere.

silenttullip

I chose other, I sleep on a satin pillowcase bonnets and scarfs sometimes make my hair sweat and then I have to wash again. But anyway I moisturize and seal at night then braid if I'm stretching or twist if I'm not. Now I've started oiling my scalp and then using satin rollers but its my first night doing that. Before I would just go to bed without any care and I paid dearly lol

SVT

I think I've answered already but anyway...:drunk:

natural hair - plastic cap or silk scarf
flatironed hair - satin covered rollers/silk scarf or "pin curls"/silk scarf