Why do my nails grow fast but my hair slow?

P

Paradox

People always compliment me on my nails, because they look healthy which is ok. However I am frustrated because my nails grow like lightening but my hair creeps along! What gives!? My grandmother also says that she has slow hair growth, will I always be stuck at APL???

Trace

I truly feel you. It takes about 3 months for me to grow an inch worth of hair. I'm going to try BeeMine soon to see if that will help.

lovenharmony

ET / OT Bonafide Member
I noticed that too! Since I've been taking care of my hair, my nails have been growing like crazy, but my hair seems to grow at a snail's pace. The only thing I can think of is that the constant oiling and moisturizing products I put in my hair are helping my nails retain length as well. I NEVER had long nails before and now I have to keep on clipping them before they start that curving thing they do once they get a certain length :wallbash:

P

Paradox

I noticed that too! Since I've been taking care of my hair, my nails have been growing like crazy, but my hair seems to grow at a snail's pace. The only thing I can think of is that the constant oiling and moisturizing products I put in my hair are helping my nails retain length as well. I NEVER had long nails before and now I have to keep on clipping them before they start that curving thing they do once they get a certain length :wallbash:
Same here, it has been like this my entire life though, I can remember in the fourth grade having long finger nails..but the down side is that my entire life my hair has always been at APL.

Nonie

Maybe because your hands hang down so circulation to your fingers is better than it is to your head, which would be uphill against gravity? Do you massage your scalp or do head stands? Don't laugh. There might be some logic to that, you never know. :drunk:

P

Paradox

Maybe because your hands hang down so circulation to your fingers is better than it is to your head, which would be uphill against gravity? Do you massage your scalp or do head stands? Don't laugh. There might be some logic to that, you never know. :drunk:
Makes alot of sense to me!
I do need to stop being lazy with the scalp massage, that would probably help significantly.