Komaza Care HAIR ANALYSIS Service - Rave!

JBunnie

coyacoy, so I see!!!! My job is cleaning house so we have all types of owners and managers running through here looking over people's shoulders and changing schedules. I just can't get the quiet time I used to get to spend with you ladies :cry:

virtuenow

@nappygirl....u would be able to explain that in the questionnaire they send u because it asks about any problems you are experiencing or something to that effect; u would also have an opportunity to discuss that issue during the analysis results call. Also given that u would be sending in shed hairs she would able to discern areas of breakage. She will advise based on the 'issues' she finds specific to your hair...hth & good luck! :)

Thanks for explaining this. I was wondering how they would know all the strange things I've done to my hair and why some areas are 20" and others are only 5". There is a good explanation! I ordered the service a few days ago and used your code. I already have my hair packaged and ready to go. I also ordered some seamless combs and getting some cutting shears for when they tell me how much of a chop I will have to do. I plan on cutting it all at once! Can't wait to get this show on the road.

coyacoy

virtuenow said:
Thanks for explaining this. I was wondering how they would know all the strange things I've done to my hair and why some areas are 20" and others are only 5". There is a good explanation! I ordered the service a few days ago and used your code. I already have my hair packaged and ready to go. I also ordered some seamless combs and getting some cutting shears for when they tell me how much of a chop I will have to do. I plan on cutting it all at once! Can't wait to get this show on the road.

virtuenow.....u are welcome and that is fantastic news! Thanks so much for using my code too :)

u are forreal at the ready with ur shed hairs and scissors! That is what i call preparedness and i love it! :). Yes a thousand times yes to the seamless combs - i am certain that my lack of using them in the past contributed significantly to my mid strand splits! Good luck and i look forward to hearing about ur results!!

yodie

Where are you ladies buying seamless combs from?

Just received my confirmation from Komaza today.

coyacoy

yodie said:

yodie...woot! Countdown :) ....re: seamless combs...i have the HS jumbo majik star rake and the mini one too as well as a couple of HS styling combs...they are all excellent!!!

virtuenow

yodie I also bought the Magic Star Rake Comb. Its from hotcombs.com. Patiently awaiting arrival. There is a thread called, "where are we getting our seamless combs from". I will do a review there.

virtuenow

So what does the package look like? I've been waiting, and feel it should be here by now, but nothing so far.

coyacoy

virtuenow said:
So what does the package look like? I've been waiting, and feel it should be here by now, but nothing so far.

virtuenow.....it's just a manila envelope that contains the questionnaire and two postage paid envelopes - one for your completed questionnaire and first sample and the second for your follow up sample. Where do you live? The package ships from CA. Fingers crossed that it'll show up soon! :)

4HisGlory

My envelopes were mailed on Friday 8/3. Hopefully, I will it get on Monday. Can't wait to hear the results.

Question about clean hair . . . Is this hair that has only been shampooed or shampooed, conditioned and detangled.

coyacoy

nappygirl said:
My envelopes were mailed on Friday 8/3. Hopefully, I will it get on Monday. Can't wait to hear the results.

Question about clean hair . . . Is this hair that has only been shampooed or shampooed, conditioned and detangled.

nappygirl i think either would suffice....i sent a combo of both by saving the sheds after i rinsed and before condish then also saved the sheds from after condish and detangle....hope your envelope arrives soon! :)

faithVA

I cut off all the damage. I cut my hair down to 2". So now I get to see what my hair is like with no damaged ends.

Not much to see. Its a gelled back fro. I took 2 pics they are in my blog.

Ogoma

I cut off all the damage. I cut my hair down to 2". So now I get to see what my hair is like with no damaged ends.

I am sure it looks good and you have the opportunity to start all over again. Did you like the salon?

Ogoma

I got the email confirming receipt of my questionaire and hair sample. I guess they are busy because I have to wait 10 business days for my results. I wouldn't hear back for another two weeks!

virtuenow

It looks pretty and moist. Thanks for sharing.

faithVA

I am sure it looks good and you have the opportunity to start all over again. Did you like the salon?

I did like the salon. He only has 1 customer at a time. And we talked and talked and talked. He learned some things about natural type 4 hair and I learned a few things. I was schooling him on 2 strand twists, flat twists and single coils before I left. And also hooked him up with MahoganyCurls so he could see how we use gel. That was new to him.

He knew the hydration part and how to cut but he didn't know how to style my hair. That is a common thing I hear about deva stylists.

Next time I know though to cut out all the damage and then get the cut.

faithVA

I got the email confirming receipt of my questionaire and hair sample. I guess they are busy because I have to wait 10 business days for my results. I wouldn't hear back for another two weeks!

LHCF bumrushed again :lol: Quite a few from here sent it in at the same time. I am sure she is backed up. But at least it is not too much of an extra delay.

4HisGlory

Dang it! Sad/Mad to hear that . . . I dropped my sample and questionnaire in the mail this morning, so I'll prepare to wait. Thanks for the heads up!

Arian

Loc'ing Up!
I have to wait 10 days too, but I downloaded dropbox, so just waiting on the results. I'm nervous and excited at the same time.

tashboog

I'm on Instagram
Hello ladies! I had my consultation today and it went great :grin:! She confirmed that I have normal porosity and fine to medium strands. She reviewed all the slides with me and showed me images of my hair. I saw how a healthy hair follicle looks, I saw images of my SSK, I saw images of the my splits, and the bend of my curl pattern. It was pretty neat and I asked her a lot of questions :lol:. She told me that I have 2 inches of damage due to heat and that I need to remove those 2 inches asap or it'll go up further the hair shaft. She told me that I only need to use 2 products at a time as my leave-ins and that I need to simplify my routine. I asked her if I could continue to use my steamer weekly and she said that it should be fine. She said that I needed a watery based leave-in then a lotion or cream. She also suggested that I apply an oil to the ends to help with the SSK's. She gave suggestions about my hair loss and gave me suggestions for washing and conditioning my hair. I need to do light protein treatments every 2 weeks. I had 2 documents that consisted of a nutritional plan and summary of my slides and suggestions. Jen was really great and she answered all of my questions. I've finally have closure about my porosity and now I'm going to work on getting my scalp, hair, and body healthy :grin:!

yodie

I recived my confirmation email on Thurs or Friday. I downloaded drop box. Just waiting for the call.

tashboog

I'm on Instagram
tashboog - What kind of hair loss are you experiencing and what were her suggestions?
I have scarring alopecia and she suggested that I first stop cowashing and use the neutrogena shampoo that's for repairing the scalp. She also wanted me to stop using my regular conditioner and use a clarifying rinse using aloe vera and apple cider vinegar after I shampoo. I can use my regular conditioner on the day that I do my protein treatments but on non-protein treatment days she wants me to use the clarifying rinse as my conditioner. She told me to keep using my hair oil mix, but add aloe vera before applying it to my scalp and then massage the scalp for a few minutes. She said they are doing some intensive research regarding hair loss and soon as she knows something she will email me about their findings. So I'm waiting patiently for that cuz so far none my doctors have given me any solid solutions to my hair loss issue :nono:.

coyacoy

tashboog said:
I have scarring alopecia and she suggested that I first stop cowashing and use the neutrogena shampoo that's for repairing the scalp. She also wanted me to stop using my regular conditioner and use a clarifying rinse using aloe vera and apple cider vinegar after I shampoo. I can use my regular conditioner on the day that I do my protein treatments but on non-protein treatment days she wants me to use the clarifying rinse as my conditioner. She told me to keep using my hair oil mix, but add aloe vera before applying it to my scalp and then massage the scalp for a few minutes. She said they are doing some intensive research regarding hair loss and soon as she knows something she will email me about their findings. So I'm waiting patiently for that cuz so far none my doctors have given me any solid solutions to my hair loss issue :nono:.

Wow that is very comprehensive advice! So glad u were pleased with the service.