Help!! Just took out my braids.. What should I do

Lute

So after my bc in mid-december... I braided my hair and kept them until febuary.. I took them out.. well I'm done. Oh yeah I forgot to add .. I'm a natural. the reason why I got it cut off cause my a hair was extremely damage... with heat.. And I wanted to start over

The thing is that normally I would comb myhair out with my comb.. to get all the hair out..and then wash it..and air dry it.. My hair would be unbrearable to comb through..when it dried ;-; ..And because my natural hair looked.. very bad I went back into braids.

But now comming here.. how do I go about this..Once I take out the braids

Should I just wash it as is.. and then do a deep treatment. Or put something in my hair first and then wash it..

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

scarcity21

have u done anything yet?
If u havent....this is what i normally do....as i take braids out i detangle with my fingers gently....once all the braids are out...i detangle again thoroughly but gently with my fingers...this step of detangling is VERY IMPORTANT...i didnt know this earlier in my journey and this caused me a lot of setbacks b4 i realized what was going on!!! YOU WILL GET MASSIVE TANGLES IF U DO NOT DETANGLE!!!!!
after detangling.....i apply a Deep moisturising conditioner on dry hair!!! cover with plastic cap...u can sit under the dryer or just wrap a warm towel around ...let condition no less than 30 mins...i normally DC overnight = at least 8hrs!
Then u can do what u normally do..if u like to shampoo...this would be the time to poo, treatment, DC again, leave in condish, etc...my hair doesnt like a lot of poo...so i just rinse of condish, apply my leavein and airdry!
HTH

Last edited:

Je Ne Sais Quoi

have u done anything yet?
If u havent....this is what i normally do....as i take braids out i detangle with my fingers gently....once all the braids are out...i detangle again thoroughly but gently with my fingers...this step of detangling is VERY IMPORTANT...i didnt know this earlier in my journey and this caused me a lot of setbacks b4 i realized what was going on!!! YOU WILL GET MASSIVE TANGLES IF U DO NOT DETANGLE!!!!!
after detangling.....i apply a Deep moisturising conditioner on dry hair!!! cover with plastic cap...u can sit under the dryer or just wrap a warm towel around ...let condition no less than 30 mins...i normally DC overnight = at least 8hrs!
Then u can do what u normally do..if u like to shampoo...this would be the time to poo, treatment, DC again, leave in condish, etc...my hair doesnt like a lot of poo...so i just rinse of condish, apply my leavein and airdry!
HTH
Excellent advice

Lute

O_O Red text!!!!(*laughs* This always show the seriousness of this..cause it is) Never had that before WOW ^_^ THANK YOU SOOO MUCH..
This explains why... When I take out my braids it never ends soo well

I did detangle a bit. I should detangle some more.. But the only thing I did so far is putting olive oil in my head.. and using a plastic bag to cover my head ..as treatment..

Currently I do have some olive oil.. not much castor oil..and some coconut oil... (maybe i should mix together)

Last edited: