Aloe Vera Hair Rinse?

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
@faithVA, have you tried this on your lo po hair?

I tried this method last night after cowashing. I have low porosity hair and was too chicken to drench my hair with it. So, I poured it over a section of hair. I used one capful -- I simply poured the avj into the cap that came on the bottle and used that amount. Fast forward, that section of hair feels no different than the other sections that I didn't use avj on. I'm not sold just yet. I might have to try a different product application method. Perhaps spritzing might work better than pouring. Suggestions are welcomed.

Last edited:

faithVA

[USER=201322 said:
divachyk[/USER];16084747]@faithVA, have you tried this on your lo po hair?

I tried this method last night after cowashing. I have low porosity hair and was too chicken to drench my hair with it. So, I poured it over a section of hair. I used one capful -- I simply poured the avj into the cap that came on the bottle and used that amount. Fast forward, that section of hair feels no different than the other sections that I didn't use avj on. I'm not sold just yet. I might have to try a different product application method. Perhaps spritzing might work better than pouring. Suggestions are welcomed.

No I haven't tried this. I have been watching this thread though. Since my cuticles close so easily I just couldn't see how it would work. I've tried AVJ/AVG in other ways and noticed nothing. I was also chicken to try this. I'm having so many problems with my hair right now, I'm trying not to add another one. :nono:

divachyk

No I haven't tried this. I have been watching this thread though. Since my cuticles close so easily I just couldn't see how it would work. I've tried AVJ/AVG in other ways and noticed nothing. I was also chicken to try this. I'm having so many problems with my hair right now, I'm trying not to add another one. :nono:
faithVA, ITA that avj can further close the cuticle. My only thoughts were that it might close and seal the water into the hair, thereby making moisture last longer. I will try it a few more ways before I count it out. I won't be trying it on my entire head just yet. I'll continue to try it on one section of hair which happens to be my best section that can withstand just about anything.

faithVA

[USER=201322 said:
divachyk[/USER];16086897]@faithVA, ITA that avj can further close the cuticle. My only thoughts were that it might close and seal the water into the hair, thereby making moisture last longer. I will try it a few more ways before I count it out. I won't be trying it on my entire head just yet. I'll continue to try it on one section of hair which happens to be my best section that can withstand just about anything.

I will be paying attention. Hopefully it will work for you in some form. I have both AVJ and AVG in my refrigerator. I need to do something with it. :lol:

Right now I'm trying out the CG method. Once I finish my 8 weeks I may try it out. But I am hoping that I won't have to. But I still need to do something with that AVJ :look:

mamaore

divachyk, I'll be watching this space as well. I used AVJ in my daily spritz in April/May. I initially thought it helped my hair be silky, but I have not used it in the last 3 weeks and I really cant say my hair has suffered for it.

The reason I initially tried it was that I wanted something to close my cuticles after my wash sessions since I always use very warm water to wash my conditioner out and I recently started using heat with my DC's.

divachyk

mamaore, I abandoned this idea shortly after my posting above. Rinsing with warm water has proved to be helpful thus far and I'm sticking with that for now.

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
fatimablush I do it on my relaxed hair as often as I remember to bring my aloe upstairs:yep: Going to pour some out right now for my rinse after I cowash.

ETA: just added some bags of 'dread tea' to my bottle of aloe:lick:

Last edited:

JBunnie

So after watching this thread for a good while I finally went to the store and bought a bottle of George's Aloe Vera. I co wash tomorrow and I'm going to try the rinse. Just a few questions. I only had the bottle of AO aloe vera before and I always kept it in my room, am I supposed to keep it in the fridge? Or does that only matter for large amounts like the George's?

And do you rinse with it cold/right out the fridge or do you let it warm up to like room temperature?

SimJam

Ive never rinsed with it, but I basically saturate my hair with a spritz bottle after washing and before I use my leave in

best thing since sliced bread for me !!!!

Curlykale

I cannot live without it, but the magic only happens on my hair when I use it with oil or conditioner (before, during, after, doesn't matter).
I find it tricky for styling because it gives me volume and shrinkage, but it keeps my hair shinier, stronger but not stiff, hydrated and easier to detangle. I prefer the juice to the gel.

cocoagirl

what store sells the George's brand of Aloe? Are there alternative 100% brands, if so names/stores purty please!

Edited to add:

aah nevamind I see Vitamin Shoppe carries it but is it better then Trader Joes or Whole Foods brands?

Last edited:

almond eyes

I use it but I put some distilled water in the mix so it isn't too potent. I like it a lot but I wouldn't do it more than once a week and not with a protein treatment.

You should still test the ph on your product and if it falls into the 4.5-5.5 range you should be fine.

Best,
Almond Eyes

freecurl

I just recently used pure aloe vera juice as a detangler (conditioner and aloe vera mixed) and as a pre leave in and I believe this is a miracle product for my extremely tangly hair.