Has Anyone Tried the MoeGro Growth Recipe

Sui Topi

Also! Keep in mind that horsetail is not good if you have high blood pressure, you should use nettle instead. I don't have high blood pressure, but when scooping it out dry to put into the oil, I do feel my heart race a little bit. I don't notice it while applying the oil, only when it is the dry herb. So be careful with that ladies please! If you have blood pressure problems, opt for the nettle mix instead of horsetail

eshille

Also! Keep in mind that horsetail is not good if you have high blood pressure, you should use nettle instead. I don't have high blood pressure, but when scooping it out dry to put into the oil, I do feel my heart race a little bit. I don't notice it while applying the oil, only when it is the dry herb. So be careful with that ladies please! If you have blood pressure problems, opt for the nettle mix instead of horsetail

Thx for being so through, I appreciate it...just did a quick search on the side effects of horsetail. Although some/most reviews I read were approached from the
standpoint of oral ingestion, applications to the skin...IMO...only differ slightly...substances do penetrate the skin.

I also noticed there were differences in the type of horsetail which should be used, one species was considered toxic.

Thanks again...:yep:

Deja9

To make things easier, just buy horsetail extract from the health food store instead of boiling water, tea bags, etc etc. Shouldn't adding the extract to the oil be just as effective?

DragonPearl

This should be included in the original post, as many people may miss it.

Lioness

This is all verrrry interesting. I hope those who try this oil will post their results. Please keep us updated :yep:

Coffee

Well I'm on board; I went to Sprouts Market today and picked up the aloe vera gel and horsetail capsuals. I'm going to put mine in the mini crock pot and let it simmer (very low simmer) for a while. I plan to start using it on Saturday.

Coffee

I found some Nettle herb today at a health food store and I brought a 4 oz bottle of it for .42. I'm going to try it after using up the Horsetail.

i read in another thread and on fromnaturewithlove.com that aloe vera gel will develop a coating of bacteria if contaminated. so how would you use the gel as a part of the recipe?

MonaRae

I mixed mines up last night and I should be set to go Friday night. I did not get jojoba oil b/c it was $7.49 for just 2 oz. So I got grapeseed oil instead which was $8.49 for 16 0z.

me-T

so can i use some horsetail extract since it's already liquid, and use some store-bought aloe vera that hass all the preservatives?

eshille

Ordered jojoba last night...found organic 8oz for $16.00..bought nettle tea and the correct aloe today @ whole foods, I'm almost ready and excited. :grin:

SilverSurfer

Ok my mix is ready today. I am going to apply mine during the day so the oil will have all day to absorb into my hair and not get on my pillows. I am very excited. I took pictures today and will post my results in 2 weeks.

Platinum

I'm bought some horsetail capsules today (already have jojoba). I want to try this on my nape first.:yep:

Coffee

Okay my mix was ready yesterday and I used it last night. Interesting thing was this morning my ng was so soft and easy to comb though! Did this happened to anyone else? It's a keeper even if my hair doesn't grow, I can use it on my ng!

Last edited:

Platinum

My mix will be ready tomorrow. I used Jojoba, Grapeseed, and Olive oils with Horsetail and Nettle. I hope this works.

LaNecia

Okay mine mix was ready yesteray and I used it last night. Interesting thing was this morning my ng was so soft and easy to comb though! Did this happened to anyone else? It's a keeper even if my hair doesn't grow, I can use it on my ng!

Yes!! I made some on Thursday (using a hot infusion method (GENTLY HEATING THE OIL) with Jojoba Oil, horsetail and nettle herbs. It made my new growth so SOFT! I may try macadamia oil at some point, the original poster of this recipe recommends that as your hair/scalp will stay moisturized longer but it's hard to find.

I made about 8 ounces worth of oil so I'm set for quite a while. In the meantime, I have 6 ounces oil (and herbs (alfalfa leaf, horsetail, nettle leaf and rosebuds to make it smell pretty) in a mason jar outside infusing in the sun. I'm using the cold infusion method (no heat, allowing the herbs to sit in the oil for at least two weeks, shaking up twice a day and oleating the herbs a few times to increase potency of the infusion).

More information on infusing herbs can be found here: Super Herbs.

I found my herbs in bulk at Whole Foods, the Jojoba oil I ordered from Essential7.com, Mason jars from Walmart.

I'm on the Ovation Challenge (using the MegaTelk so I've selected a section of hair to apply this oil to. I would love to add this to the MegaTek as a nice way to cut the dryness on my scalp but then how would I know what worked better?

HHG,

Vixx

Sui Topi

Ladies, also make sure to rub your scalp during the day to really stimulate it. This will result in maximum growth from this recipe. I usually rub it before I go to bed so that I don't ruin my hairstyle during the day. I took pictures last week wednesday of my hair at 4.5 inches, and already I can see the stringy ends of my hair over 5, so by this wednesday when I take my pictures again, I believe I will definitely be at a full 5 inches. I will be posting pics, so look out for it!

DivaD04

I just got my ingredients today:
I bottle horsetail(shavegrass) capsules
4 oz of Jajoba oil
Aloe vera gel
I am also going to add Nettle to my batch.

FYI:
The lady at the Herb shop said Nettle and Horsetail herb can be used topically while pregnant or nursing

ChiChi, thx 4 posting this, I've read it wasn't safe 4 preggos but mrh didn't specify orally and/or topically, now I feel comfy using my herbs....yayyy!

i don't have any oils but i do have babassu butter which stays in a liquid form, so i want to try a mix w/ it. i like it, it's very moisturizing.

poetist

I just got my ingredients today:
I bottle horsetail(shavegrass) capsules
4 oz of Jajoba oil
Aloe vera gel
I am also going to add Nettle to my batch.

FYI:
The lady at the Herb shop said Nettle and Horsetail herb can be used topically while pregnant or nursing

Excellent, I was just about to ask this.

SilverSurfer

Ladies, also make sure to rub your scalp during the day to really stimulate it. This will result in maximum growth from this recipe. I usually rub it before I go to bed so that I don't ruin my hairstyle during the day.I took pictures last week wednesday of my hair at 4.5 inches, and already I can see the stringy ends of my hair over 5, so by this wednesday when I take my pictures again, I believe I will definitely be at a full 5 inches. I will be posting pics, so look out for it!

How long have you been using it? So you are saying that you might have gotten a half of an inch more of growth since you've been using it?

I made my mix last Monday and have been applying it to my scalp since then while it was marinating for the 3 days so my mix wasn't officially ready until last Thursday. I am going to shoot for growth results in two weeks vs the weekly results the original creator of the recipe stated.