i want thicker hair

bbmatl

My hair is growing wonderfully im hoping to be at BSL by July but it is kinda thin. What do you suggest to make your hair thicker? Right now i take msm and use mtg. I'm natural 4A and have just started to take Biotin and Silica. Is it possible to make your hair thicker?

Thanks for your suggestions.

chestnutblonde

I noticed my hair started to thicken when I stopped relaxing as often (stretching for atleast 12 weeks), started rollersetting instead of blowdrying, and eating better. I know there are some recommendations in regards to supplements, but since I find it hard to take vitamins every day, I'm not able to recommend a particular vitamin/supplement. HTH

missyT

bbmatl, your hair looks really nice in the avatar. Do you have anymore pictures? Would love to see how you style your hair :)

Suri

bbmatl said:
My hair is growing wonderfully im hoping to be at BSL by July but it is kinda thin. What do you suggest to make your hair thicker? Right now i take msm and use mtg. I'm natural 4A and have just started to take Biotin and Silica. Is it possible to make your hair thicker?

MTG will help thicken your hair up a lot. In my experience,saturating my hair with mtg, bagging overnight and stlying as usual for 4 days out of the week thicken my hair up in a months time.

MSM- Will help stop breakage, Biotin and Silica will aid with growth and strength.

Moisture is key so you want to take an oil like fish oil, cod liver oil, etc.

Heat thins it out so stop that if you are using heat. H(thick)HG

Cooyah

ultra hair thick shakes, or Patothenic Acid and Biotin are all really good for thickening up since ur already natural

WomanlyCharm

I used castor oil and MTG on my hair, it was so thin in the back. Made a HUGE difference, it looks three times as thick as it used to.

Candy_C

bbmatl said:

The biotin will kick in BELIEVE me...just give it a few months you will notice a difference

macherieamour

Blowdrying and flat ironing with give you a sleek look but will take the texture out of your hair making it appear thinner. For fuller hair, I would try braid-outs, rollersetting or flexi rod sets. Something that will give you volume, height and texture. I would also try ultra thick hair shakes to thicken the hair growing out of your roots. Hope that helps :D

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
bbmatl, I notice that your hair is straightened in your avatar... how often do u use heat? Over time, heat can make your hair thinner. I would say lay off the heat for several months or all together if you want thicker hair. HTH!

bbmatl

Thanks for all the input, so I guess I will just continue w/the supplements and controlling the heat.

MissT: Thank you for the compliment, i've been working hard & making an effort to taking care of my hair, I actually posted picts of my hair in Salon Thread on Dominican Salons in ATL

Caribbean Queen: Thank you, thanx to everyone on the board I've learned alot. I don't style my hair at all. If it's not jus done its in a bun, that's why i'm working on the length so I can get it cut into some style.

Poohbear: I get it done 1 a month and don't use heat @ home so my hair isn't expose to a lot of heat (i don't think)

Thanks again Ladies