Can you straighten curly or wavy weave hair?

missyT

I am planning to join the weave challenge and just need some advice on hair. I have decided to do a full head weave and don't really want to use straight hair but would like the option of straightening the hair. I really like the look of the Yaki wvg hair by Sensationnel (Goddess remi line). Does anybody know whether this hair can be straightened without ruining the hair? Will the waves return when the hair is washed?

If not, can anybody recommened a wavy weave that can be straightened?

wicky2828

The only weave that you can apply heat to in order to straighten is 100% human hair. I can only speak about my experiences, but once you straighten out a wavy weave, that is it. You can wet it again to add a little wave, but the it isn't nearly as nice as it was when you first started. It looks like someone who has overcombed their natural hair.

Also when you are getting your hair done in a curly weave, let you stylist know that you may straighten you hair. I know my stylist cut a couple of corners on my hair by cutting out pieces of tract from one place on my head and adding to another place. You can get away w/ that with curly hair, but w/ straight hair, you are asking for trouble.

Good luck and HHG!!!

asummertyme

It would seem u can straiten it..but, if u are looking for a bone strait look like u would get with regular strait weave..i highly doubt it..and if there is..i would like to know as well..shoot..lol

glamazon386

You can straighten pretty much any wavy or curly human hair from the BSS. As long as you dont burn it straight because then it won't go back. The Remi Goddess Hair should fair better since it's higher quality hair. I straightened the french wave once or twice when I had it in and it reverted fine when I washed it. HTH...