4a,b naturals...want to be waistlength in 2yrs!!!

diamoness

I'm on a mission to be waist length by the end of 2007. What's the best way to accomplish this? Im thinking of doing the Crown and Glory Technique with braids. Please give me some advice......and I need a few hair buddies to join me.
This is what I need:
A super simple vitamin regime.....(Probably more supergreenfoods type stuff.......whatever it is, It MUST taste good or I won't stick to it)
A super simple exercise regime (I'm athletically and cardiovascularly challenged)
Daily moisurizing products
Deep conditioning products while in braids
Good scalp cleansing regime
Oh, and what kind of braids should I get (wanna keep em for 2-3 months at a time)....either way, I'll be doin em myself cuz the africans ripped my edges off!!!:(.

I checked out Den1's step by step instructions...and plan to follow it.
Thanx Den1.....it really helped to have a visual...ya know?

Nanyanika

I'll be your hair buddy if you like, as you already know I follow this regime and grew my natural near waistlength, i have pictures in my natural hair album. I recommend Amino acids liquid forumla, MSM, B-complex, for faster/healthier hair growth these are exactly what i took to get the length fast.

Deep conditioing products. i usually condition with my own homemade concotion but however i have used proper conditioners these are great if your searching for extra moisture... try Nexxus Humtress or Keracare humecto i recommed diluting them with distilled water, to reduce build-up.

Daily moisturising: s-curl or sta-fro-fro again (dilute them first) i usually use my homemade spray with glycerin, rosewater, de-ionised water, coconut oil)

Don't get mircos, if you want to keep your hair, get medium sized box braids, i use kanekalon hair.

Last edited:

Guyaneek

I'm a natural 4a and I want to join the challenge!!! This will be my first challenge yet so I'm super excited. I have my hair in braids now and I had already committed myself to wearing braids for 1 year. Another year is only going to make for more benefits.
I am going to work on my album now because i don't have one yet.
:grin:

Country gal

I don't know if I would ever have waist length natural hair. I do want to grow it longer so I will join but I am not putting a hair length goal. Do you think If I keep my hair in twists it will grow faster and stay healthier versus wearing it out in a curly fro?

RabiaElaine

Hi,

I'm relaxed, I was wondering if I could join on the side of this challenge because I'm deciding to get to my next goal through braiding as well. I am not going to relax my hair at all in between sets of braids, this may be challenging dealing with the 2 textures but I am up for it. I love dealing with my natural texture so this will be interesting for me.

I just put braids in on Friday. I will take pics of them soon. They are smaller than pencil sized but the parts aren't ultra tiny. And the way my friend braided my hair you cant tell that the parts aren't tiny because the braid completely covers the section of hair, by cornrowing just a little onto it first. Anyway hopefully I'll have pics by this afternoon.

Anyway I hope you ladies don't mind a relaxed girl following along on the sidelines :).

diamoness

Thanx ladies for joining!!! I've never participated in a challenge before.....This is a first for me. I'm going to start Sept. 1st cuz I need a few weeks to get all my materials, do my braids, start an album for this, and to devise a thorough plan.

Den1......what brand of liquid aminos and MSM do you use?

Country gal ......you're welcome to join!!!
RabiaElaine......you're invited too !!!

Guyaneek........glad you're joining us:)

OK ladies, lets post our baseline info:
1. Hair type
2. Natural or relaxed
3. Current length
4. Type of braids (human/synthetic/cornrows/box braids/etc.)
5. Products
6. Supplements
7. Date started

and anything else yall can think of to add to the list. Hey, lets start a new post w/ this info and call it THE CROWN AND GLORY CHALLENGE.

Last edited:

divine

I'm down
1. Hair type- 3c/4a
2. Natural or relaxed- natural
3. Current length- No sure, but its past shoulder and in some areas and collar bone in others
4. Type of braids (human/synthetic/cornrows/box braids/etc.)- Just got individual braids last Monday, and they are synthetic.
5. Products- MTG, WGHO, and NTG
6. Supplements- GNC womens vitamins
7. Date started

Last Monday

anything else......
I would love waistlength, but I haven't been that length since I was 10.

RabiaElaine

diamoness said:
Thanx ladies for joining!!! I've never participated in a challenge before.....This is a first for me. I'm going to start Sept. 1st cuz I need a few weeks to get all my materials, do my braids, start an album for this, and to devise a thorough plan.

Country girl ......you're welcome to join!!!

1. Hair type
2. Natural or relaxed
3. Current length
5. Products
6. Supplements
7. Date started

and anything else yall can think of to add to the list. Hey, lets start a new post w/ this info and call it THE CROWN AND GLORY CHALLENGE.

I'm definitely down for this. BTW the Crown and glory site has been down as of late, it says its under construction.

I will wait for the new thread and then give my info.

Nanyanika

diamoness said:

Country girl ......you're welcome to join!!!

1. Hair type
2. Natural or relaxed
3. Current length
5. Products
6. Supplements
7. Date started

Diamoness, mizcomplexity has begun a crown and glory challenge over the last 4-5 months now, i'm actually on it. heres an old thread http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=54174 if you do a search you should be able to find the most recent one.

Lignisual MSM by new hozions 6,000mg a day www.a1msm.co.uk i will be bumping up to 10,000mg in the next few weeks and switching to the crystal form soon.

Holland&Barrat Body Fortress liquid aminos http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pa...B8E438E970396238CFE0B02&PID=617&np=1&cpid=275
When natural i used the tablet form http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pa...B8E438E970396238CFE0B02&PID=186&np=1&cpid=245

HTHs

RabiaElaine

I did a search for the Crown and Glory Challenge newest thread, and I can't find it. If someone else does, please bump it up or post the link.

Thanks

VinDieselsWifey

I'm in!
1. Hair type-4a/3c

2. Natural or relaxed-natural

3. Current length-? a few inches from bra strap when pressed out

4. Type of braids (human/synthetic/cornrows/box braids/etc.)-synthetic twists

5. Product-aubrey's gpb, elucence, jason's naturals, castor oil infused with carrot and okra, shea butter, surge, amla, shikakai, reetha

6. Supplements-multi, biotin, msm

7. Date started-today

8. exercise 3-4 X a week

9. drink lots of water

missyT

Oh I am so in on this challenge. This is going to be a proper challenge for me as I have never had hair that long in my life. My hair has never even been shoulder length but I am ready to prove to myself that anything is possible.

I am planning to achieve this goal by wearing my protective styles, which is a curly sew in weave. It's a style that I really like and my hair grows better in weaves and I can also do it by myself so I don;t have to pay mega dosh to get it done.

I'm currently taking 3000mg of Msm, Holland and barrat mega vitamins for the hair as well as H and B amino acids.

I spray my scalp with rosemary spritz and am going to start using MTG once I get it.

Irresistible

I just popped in this thread. not joining the challenge myself

But I want to say braids are a wonderfull way to grow out your hair. I transitioned with them very sucessfully. But I read what you said about leaving them in for up to three months. I think that could cause problems, possibly with tangling/matting of the new growth and more build up that can take out your hair. I left my braids in no longer than 6 weeks. I defintley wouldnt go longer than two months

ok good look on the braid challenge everyone. Dont do micros and be carefulll of the hair you choose. It seems more people can tend(not everyone does though) to have problems with the toyakalon hair, than the kankalon.

best wishes with your braids everyone.

diamoness said:
I'm on a mission to be waist length by the end of 2007. What's the best way to accomplish this? Im thinking of doing the Crown and Glory Technique with braids. Please give me some advice......and I need a few hair buddies to join me.
This is what I need:
A super simple vitamin regime.....(Probably more supergreenfoods type stuff.......whatever it is, It MUST taste good or I won't stick to it)
A super simple exercise regime (I'm athletically and cardiovascularly challenged)
Daily moisurizing products
Deep conditioning products while in braids
Good scalp cleansing regime
Oh, and what kind of braids should I get (wanna keep em for 2-3 months at a time)....either way, I'll be doin em myself cuz the africans ripped my edges off!!!:(.

I checked out Den1's step by step instructions...and plan to follow it.
Thanx Den1.....it really helped to have a visual...ya know?

Guyaneek

I have my hair in micros now. They aren't tiny though. I have had them for a few weeks but I plan to take them out in September. I Will start my album when I take them out.
1. Hair type - 4a
2. Natural or relaxed - natural
3. Current length - about an inch above shoulder length
4. Type of braids (human/synthetic/cornrows/box braids/etc.) human hair, micros. I plan to alternate between larger micro braids, cornrows and sewn in weaves.
5. Products - MTG, shea butter,
6. Supplements - regular multivitamin, and GNC Hair, Nail & Skin vitamin
7. Date started - 9/16/05
I have been washing my braids 2xs per week. I am not ready to do daily yet. But I will up that to three times per week.
Best of luck ladies!!!!
I know we can all work hard and make our goal :D

AllAboutTheHair

Okay, I am already a crown and glory challenger...but I hope to be around waistelength two years from now...I am in...

1. Braids go back in September 06, 2005

2. I will wear them for 6-8 weeks...depends on my mood (I do them myself)

3. I wear box braids/braided bantu knots when out of braided extensions or my wig with plaits

4. I irrigate my scalp daily, no conditioner, just a nozzle tip bottle filled with water while in the shower

5. Spray hair when needed throughout the day, apply oil on the ends

6. comb/detangle once a week or week and a half

7. shampoo after I detangle and braid it up again :)

Happy Hair Growing!!

Healthb4Length

Is it too late for me to join? My growth has slowed down drastically and I don't know why...I've been a little stressed lately. When this happens I know that I should go on the C & G challenge immediately. I also ordered some Lenzi's request and MTG in hopes of speeding up my growth rate.

California

:) Hi everybody, I'm in too, sounds like something I can enjoy doing with everyone.

1. Hair type: 4a/3c (only the back)
2. Natural or relaxed: Lye Relaxed
3. Current length: Passed Shoulder Length
4. Type of braids: Singles (not tiny)
5. Products: EVOO, Shampoo and Conditioner.
6. Supplements: MSM, Vitamin C & E
7. Date started: August 2nd, 2005

Valerie

I want to join the challenge

1. Hair type: 4b
2. Natural or relaxed: Natural
3. Current length: Passed Shoulder Length
4. Type of braids: not braids
5. Products: Mane and tail Shampoo and Conditioner.
6. Supplements: MSM, Biotin, flaxseed, Evening Primrose a woman's multi and amino acids
7. Date started: August 2nd, 2005

Also added to my hair promade and braids, they are homemade, black castor oil, sulphur, glycerine, biotin and MTG with it comes. A lot of ladies seem to have very good growth with MTG, so I am going to try it myself.

Dolapo

I want to join too!!

1. Hair type: 4b
3. Current length: teenage TWA
4. Type of braids: twist extensions. not micros. medium sized i think
5. Products: s-curl, braid spray and other stuff
6. Supplements: MSM, Biotin, flaxseed, multi, vit C, horsetail
7. Date started: 07/02/05

RabiaElaine

I'm In!!!

1. Hair type: 4a/b
2. Natural or relaxed: Relaxed w/ Affirm Lye
3. Current length: Touching shoulders in the back, chin length in the frong
4. Type of braids: Single extensions w/ human hair, not micro
5. Products: s-curl, Sulfur 8 Scalp spray, Infusium 23 Moisturizing leave in, African Royale Braid Spray, diluted Cream of Nature Shampoo, Diluted LeKair Cholesterol Conditioner
6. Supplements: MSM, Biotin, flaxseed, multi, vit C, Silica, Evening Primrose, Spirulina, Patenothenic Acid, Naturemade Super B Complex
7. Date started: 07/29/05

rai

Okay, I'm in this too. I've been a lurker for a while, but I decided to go ahead and subscribe yesterday. I couldn't find the old Crown and Glory Original Thread so I agree that we should make a new challenge. Are we doing this for one year?

1. Hair type: 4b nappy and beautiful
3. Current length: hmmn, not really sure. Maybe 6 inches?
4. Type of braids (human/synthetic/cornrows/box braids/etc.): I have human box braids (close to micros) in my hair right now. I've had them in since june 28 for my wedding.
5. Products: Wash and Conditioning with Suave Naturals line, but I will probably switch to my good shampoo and using Aubrey Organics GPB Conditioner and Shampoo. Ion Reconstructer for Protein Treatments or ORS Mayo. African Pride Braid Spray
6. Supplements: Multi-Vitamin (I need help on developing a good vitamin routine)
7. Date started: Today for the challenge (had braids since June 28)

I'm excited to be doing this with ya'll. Let's keep each motivated and focused.

ekomba

i want to join too. i'm already in braids (since june 24 trying to keep it till sept 24 if i can i doubt it)
started with 2 inches, natural, single braids
products: mtg all the way baby with some masketi castor oil on the roots and poo once a week creme of nature, lekair cholesterol (peach one) and vo5 clarifying apple cond
supplements: epo , freeda biotin 10mg and Nature's made super b complex
i will count june 24 as my starting date as i already started my own challenge towards waistlength in 2 years. i will update with pix in september or october when i remove the braids :D

Dolapo

Irresistible said:
I just popped in this thread. not joining the challenge myself

But I want to say braids are a wonderfull way to grow out your hair. I transitioned with them very sucessfully. But I read what you said about leaving them in for up to three months. I think that could cause problems, possibly with tangling/matting of the new growth and more build up that can take out your hair. I left my braids in no longer than 6 weeks. I defintley wouldnt go longer than two months

ok good look on the braid challenge everyone. Dont do micros and be carefulll of the hair you choose. It seems more people can tend(not everyone does though) to have problems with the toyakalon hair, than the kankalon.

best wishes with your braids everyone.
i used the toyokalon for my braids. ill use the kanekalon next time. thanks for the heads up!!

CatSuga

Considering that from the top of my head to my waist is a good 2 feet, I don't think I could make it. I'm only growing at 1/4 inch per month.

natstar

I know I'm late but I wanna join too-
Here's the 411

1. Hair type: 4a/4b
2. Natural
3. Current length: layered-longest collar length straightened
4. Type of braids: twists
5. Products:
africa's best herbal oil (pre poo),
shampoo, conditioner (alternating types)
shea butter for twists
Parnevu T-Tree & water for daily moisture
6. Supplements: 3 Tbsp Liquid Logic multivitamin supp.
7. Date started: 8/11/05

Absolutely no heat or wearing my hair "out" i.e-twist out or fro for more than a day. Deep conditioner and clarify 1x a month. I will update at the end of each month for progress (hopefully I can get my album up too)-Good luck ladies

Last edited:

rai

Hmmn, yeah I don't know if I can make waistlength in 2 years, but I will try. My goal is a little below brastrap (when stretched). Maybe I'm setting low goals so I won't be disappointed?

Is anyone doing this challenge without added hair (ex. protective styles without weaves or braids)?

Victorian

old head
I was eyeing this thread, but was shying away because I wouldn't want to wear braids. But then last night I dreamt that I straightened my hair and put it in a braid, and it was down almost to my waist. I was so excited....then I woke up. Dang it! :lol:
I take this as a sign that I at least gotta try, even if I don't quite make it to waist length. So count me in :yep: But yeah, I won't be using braids or anything. Just growing.
Anyhow, here we go:
1. Hair type: 4a
3. Current length: front nearing chin length, back nearing armpit
4. Type of braids (human/synthetic/cornrows/box braids/etc.): N/A
5. Products: Jason poos and cons, scalp spray (Hairever, eo's, soon to include some Surge that's been collecting dust under the sink), pre-poo stuff (avocado treatment, coconut oil, jojoba oil, etc.)
6. Supplements: soon to be a multi and some flax. possibly adding a little biotin.
7. Date started: I think I'll have my official start date be after I do my pic progress update next week. That'll give my vitamins I ordered a chance to arrive, and that's when I plan to add the Surge to the scalp mix.

mahoganee

I'm in too!:)
baseline info:
1. Hair type: 4a
2. Natural or relaxed: natural
3. Current length: a little past shoulders
4. Type of braids: cornrows, kinky twists, interlock, sew ins, singles, etc.
5. Products: mtg, lenzi's request, moisturizing shampoos and cons, leave-in conditioners, s curl.
6. Supplements: multi, biotin, flaxseed,l-cysteine
7. Date started: Aug.11