Question Mention Feature?

Nonie

sorry if this has been asked, but how do I turn mentions off? I don't even want to see them on my account at all. It seems like when i leave a group, that's when everybody wants to mention me. Yet when I try to be active I'm ignored. The usual in real life.

PinkSunshine77 why not post this as a new thread so it's seen by Admin? It may be missed when buried among so many testing posts.

12 mentions and its not working.. only shows post from 3-29-11 sigh

Imoan what do you mean? Under your mentions are 3 pages of mentions and I didn't even see one from 3-29-11. :confused:

Nonie

testing as this feature has not been working for me as well
@Nonie
Sorry for calling you out:grin:
ETA: ok its now working but I still cannot see my notifications- when I click on them it takes me to my profile page and the notifications disappear..:ohwell:
try again using the mention feature:

Nonie

Nope, did not work. Re-try without using @ when I click the mention feature.

@Nonie

@AnointedandAmazing, if you get a notification that takes you to mentions, and you have more than one new mention, you will not get a pop up for each. Once you've been to the page, you just need to hit back to go back.

If for some reason you didn't get the mention, then you just go to your profile and along the tabs where labeled About Me, Statistics, Friends, Contact Info...will be double arrows at the far right that take you to the Mentions tab. You can then see your mentions. If you don't want to keep hitting the back browser button to return, you can right click the mentions to view them on a new tab and just close it to return to that page.

LOL what do you mean "Did not work?" It DID work or I'd not have been here. It was your mention that brought me to your post. When you mention someone, that person gets the alert not you. :lol:

Nonie

~NanCeBoTwin~ not sure what you were trying to see but I don't think you get an alert when you mention yourself. But if I or someone else types @ immediately before your name to mention you as I did above, then you get an alert. Won't happen if using the App on your phone but if you switch to browser, you will see in the drop-down menu for Notifications (top right hand section of the forum) that you do have mentions.

Last edited:

Nonie

Nerd. just mentioning you so you can see how Mentions work. If you mention yourself, I don't believe you get the alert. But if someone else mentions you, then you get an alert that sends you directly to the post in which you were mentioned. I'll mention you somewhere else too so you can see.

Tags which are at the top of threads and you simply click on Tag and add a name work differently. They still send you an alert but this time the alert is to bring you to a thread not a specific post. You use Tags if there's a thread you think someone should see. I'll tag you too.

ETA: if you are using the LHCF App on your phone, mentions don't show up. You would need to use menu while in a thread to open browser so you can see notifications at the top of the screen as you would on a PC.

Last edited:

BrandNew

Loc'd up and loving it!
I had 3 new mentions when I logged in just now but when I clicked the notification it didn't come up. When I go to my profile there aren't any new mentions showing in the list. What could have happened?