Pictures of beautiful gray hair

honeisos

My DD wants me to stop dying my hair (I'm 39) and go gray. Of course its easy for HER to say since its not her hair going gray LOL These pictures are very inspirational. I'll have to revisit in 5 years, not ready to go there yet.

LOL I cant do it either .. I still feel like im 30 lol and I'm 40 LMBO .. I have been going grey since I was 25 ...

Love the pics !

The greys are coming in with a vengeance for me as well. I used to color it, but now that I've almost got all the color cut out, I don't want to go there any more. Hair just feels so much more amazing with nothing in it.

So far, mine are creeping in along the hairline - in the most visible spot. Plan to full embrace them as they fill in.

ConstantlyDynamic

I found two from another thread:

i've seen this pic a couple of times and my jaw always drops. such a stunning woman. i so wouldn't mind being gray right now just because of this photo.

mscocoface

These heads are just beautiful Renee is one of my idols and my mom has a gorgeous silver gray mane. My mindset is not there yet.

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time

Just gorgeous!!

beautiful pictures, I look forward to it. excuse my ignorance but... do black rinses cover white hair and do they completely fade away once you stop doing them? once you decide you want grey hair do you have to "big chop"? I have always wondered this, if anybody knows please disclose the secret :)

Black rinses cover to an extent, but when you have lots of grays - say over 30-40% of your new growth it will start becoming problematic. That's where I am right now.
You don't have to big chop, but I think you do have to live with two toned hair for a while.

A tip from me: don't use black black rinses, use brownish or even light brown rinses. They will stain the grays and create natural high lights. And when you finally decide to go gray you won't have pitch black hair with a snow white new growth. That's what I had a few months ago, so I decided to strip some color from my hair (crazy I know) and start using lighter brown hair colors.

I'm going to step away from semi- and demi permanent colors now and just use regular rinses (one component, no mixing = no peroxide or ammonia) and see how that looks. I'm scared!! :eek:

Thank you ladies for contributing with photos!!! :flowers:

Sianna

I am loving this thread!! But alas, my family doesn't usually start graying till around the mid to late 50's or so. My mom is in her late 40's and she probably has... like three or four gray hairs. She doesn't bother to dye them though, and my grandmother, who is in her late seventies is just now leaving the salt and pepper look. She's finally at the point where she has more salt than pepper! :grin:

I know we already have a shot of Della, but I think she looks really pretty on this one.

Whenever I do start getting some grays, I don't see myself fighting it. I don't really like the salt and pepper look, but I love shocks of gray and and predominantly silver/gray hair!

SmilingElephant

This thread is inspirational:yep:

I always say i hope i have a head full of snow white hair when i get old. I remember my grandma's friend...before they died....she had SNOW WHITE fluffy hair:lick:....my grandma on the other hand only had specks of gray in her hair and she NEVER dyed it. My maternal grandmother on the other hand is graying around the hairline and she dyes her hair......hmmmmm.....:think:

danysedai

Just gorgeous!!

Black rinses cover to an extent, but when you have lots of grays - say over 30-40% of your new growth it will start becoming problematic. That's where I am right now.
You don't have to big chop, but I think you do have to live with two toned hair for a while.

A tip from me: don't use black black rinses, use brownish or even light brown rinses. They will stain the grays and create natural high lights. And when you finally decide to go gray you won't have pitch black hair with a snow white new growth. That's what I had a few months ago, so I decided to strip some color from my hair (crazy I know) and start using lighter brown hair colors.

I'm going to step away from semi- and demi permanent colors now and just use regular rinses (one component, no mixing = no peroxide or ammonia) and see how that looks. I'm scared!! :eek:

Thank you ladies for contributing with photos!!! :flowers:

This is where I am now. If you've seen the thread where I posted a picture of my mother's hair,that's where I'm headed but I' undecided whether to do it now (38) or later (50 smthg).I'm approaching APL now,and it pains me to cut it off and start again. I would say my hair is almost 50% gray (and such a silver shiny colour). I want to let the white streak in the front gro in again.

Thanks for the tip about the lighter rinses,can you recommend any? Pretty please??:yep: I use bigen black now and want to ease a lighter colour in.

The most beautiful head of gray hair is Yasmina Rossi's. I can't copy pictures from her website but here's the link,her hair is absolutely jaw dropping.
http://web.me.com/yasminarossi/Model/Book_expended.html

she's a white lady, so it is extremely nice to find pictures of black ladies with gray hair, great thread OP!

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
Oh boy, I need this inspriational thread....
The ladies on here are lovely. I notice that they are at least in their 50s though. I think when I'm in my 50's, yes, I'll embrace it. I am struggling with "embracing" at 40 though.
Mine are on my temples and they are stubborn. They are a wiry - thanks for that info on DCing Flowerhair

Here's my mom's hair (natural and flat ironed here)

It looks more silver straight. I don't have a close-up of it curly. It is more salt and pepper looking.

NaturalBeauty<3

The ladies on here are lovely. I notice that they are at least in their 50s though. I think when I'm in my 50's, yes, I'll embrace it. I am struggling with "embracing" at 40 though.
Mine are on my temples and they are stubborn. They are a wiry - thanks for that info on DCing Flowerhair

It looks more silver straight. I don't have a close-up of it curly. It is more salt and pepper looking.

Gor.ge.ous :lick:

Kash

wow i never knew gray hair could be so beautiful! :yep:

when the curtains go gray does the carpet go gray also? this is a serious question, i don't know anyone with gray hair to ask, nor would i fell comfortable asking.:look:

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
This is where I am now. If you've seen the thread where I posted a picture of my mother's hair,that's where I'm headed but I' undecided whether to do it now (38) or later (50 smthg).I'm approaching APL now,and it pains me to cut it off and start again. I would say my hair is almost 50% gray (and such a silver shiny colour). I want to let the white streak in the front gro in again.

Thanks for the tip about the lighter rinses,can you recommend any? Pretty please??:yep: I use bigen black now and want to ease a lighter colour in.

The most beautiful head of gray hair is Yasmina Rossi's. I can't copy pictures from her website but here's the link,her hair is absolutely jaw dropping.
http://web.me.com/yasminarossi/Model/Book_expended.html

she's a white lady, so it is extremely nice to find pictures of black ladies with gray hair, great thread OP!

Yasmina's hair was very pretty!! Wow!

I haven't decided on what rinse to use yet, perhaps one from Wella. I don't know if you have the same brands in the US? You probably have a whole lot more to choose from. :grin:

Your mother's hair is so beautiful and thick!!! :love:
Is she natural?

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
She seems to have an interesting background too. Jungian psychoanalysis. I want to study that too! :)

•1999: US permanent resident since.
•1998: Marriage with Djamal Zoughbi. Moved to Cape Town, South Africa, modeling, TV commercials, photographer for Elle Decor, Helena
Rubinstein.
•1997: Studies, Jungian psychoanalysis.
•1988-1998: Acting classes Beatrice Roux, features in movies, TV commercials, Photographer.
•1988: Divorce
•1983: 1988-Start modeling for YSL , Jill Sander & various designers, fashion, on stage & TV
•1973-1983: Raised 2 children. interior & fashion designer, photography.
•1975: Birth of daughter Armel
•1974: Moved to Paris
•1973: Birth of son Michel
•1973: Baccalaureat - 1st marriage
•Born: 12/21/1955 in France, raised in Corsica

Foxglove

A drop of golden sun
wow i never knew gray hair could be so beautiful! :yep:

when the curtains go gray does the carpet go gray also? this is a serious question, i don't know anyone with gray hair to ask, nor would i fell comfortable asking.:look:

I started graying at 23 and my carpet started a little while after that. I don't think I'll dye my hair. I think it would be hilarious if I went fully gray at 30. I think I'll just be salt and pepper though

Last edited:

Janet'

I started greying at 19, but I'm not ready to embrace it, yet, lol...By the way, that was over 10 years ago! BUT when I do embrace it- I'm going hard, like these ladies!!! Simply beautiful!

danysedai

More of my mom last year,her hair is shorter here than in the picture I showed in that older thread

one of her in her rollers lol ( a bit bluer,she was heavy handed with the gray hair blue tinted shampoo,it got lighter after a few washes)

more to follow