Diatomaceous Earth reviews PLEASE..

yodie

I haven't takent it yet today. This effect is from the dosage I took yesterday, I guess. Today I decided to take DE at night time, so I wouldn't be to calm and skip my workout.

Last edited:

curali

I put 2 Heaping TBSP in 32 oz. of water and first thing in the morning I drink it and after I finish it, I refill the jug and put the lid on and shake it up, and drink it down.

I repeat this until I've had my 1 Gallon for the day. It's working really well for me.

luckiestdestiny

Just sharing this as a heads up. I hope it's okay to copy. I copied these posts from the longhaircommunity. They had a thread about DE. And this is just a heads up. I'm not downing the party but want everyone informed

==========================================================================
piratejenny23

Length: 12" / 34" / 40"?
Type: 1c/2a / M / ii/iii

Default Re: 1/2" growth per month to 1/2" in 4 days!!!
Fractalsofhair: "alexas-1/2 inch in 4 days is a little under 4 inches a month....1/2 inch in 4 days does seem high, but I'm guessing the OP got more like... 1/4 or a little bit over and measured oddly..."

hi, i'm the OP and i never, never, EVER said that i get 1/2" every 4 days; i said i got a growth spurt of 1/2" in 4 days after using Shapley's MTG.

i also never attributed this growth spurt to DE; i merely mentioned that i had also been taking biotin and DE for some time. but this thread has taken on a life of its own and become all about DE rather than Shapley's or biotin. which is fine! the fact alone that DE has done away with jojo's asthma makes it possible for me to bear all the implications that i'm a liar and don't know how to use a measuring tape, but it seems quite a few other people have benefited from finding out about DE--from sleeping better to getting rid of cockroaches! i am very glad if any information i have shared has had a positive impact on a few lives!

and, gorram it...i DO know how to use a measuring tape!
Last edited by piratejenny23; Yesterday at 07:28 PM. Reason: quotation marks
piratejenny23 is offline Reply With Quote
piratejenny23
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by piratejenny23

=========================================================================
Unread Yesterday, 07:46 PM #838
Fairlight63

Length: 15" / 28" / waist
Type: 2a / F / ii

I have been taking DE for about 4 wks. now. I got 1/2" of growth in a 4 days also but not any more that I can tell. BUT it has helped with the shedding - it has gone down a LOT.

Also it has helped with constipation that I have had for a long time. I don't have to take anything for that any more.
I am taking 1 tab. of DE in the morning & at night.
Fairlight63 is offline Reply With Quote
Fairlight63
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Fairlight63

==============================================================================
read Today, 12:48 AM #839
Canarygirl

Length: 15 / 19.5 / 30(?)
Type: 1c/2a / F / ii/iii

PirateJenny, I didn't realize your OP was more about Shapley's MTG! That's funny! All this time I thought it was all about DE.

I read "Cat Woman's" post about DE over on hennaforhair.com. It is very concerning to me. Her husband had to take ibuprophen for an injury, and apparently the DE had stripped the mucous from his stomach, so the ibuprophen caused severe gastritis/intense pain that caused him to go to the hospital in an ambulance, stay there for a multi-day visit, and he is still off work. THe pain was very intense and long lasting for him. Wow. This is not good at all. I think I might switch to a low dose of that liquid silica (the bad tasting one)...I don't know....

(pre-L

Last edited:

Ltown

Greyland
Can you purchase in smaller quantity? Does it have algae in it I'm allergic to that?

Last edited:

RockCreak

Woohooo! I just got mine yesterday.

Took the first dose this morning. A heaping teaspoon in 13.5 container of OJ.

I have a 32oz container of water that I will attempt to fill again and drink all day.

We'll see what's going to happen.

Britt

Mine will come today. I'm a bit nervous about ingesting it, but I will def use it for pesky roaches.

sheba1

I'm always happy for a heads up, but considering the awesome result DE has had with livestock and pets over time, I think I'll continue. A cow that had been fed DE for 5 years and then dissected was said to have no abnormal organs.

According to drugs.com, ibuprofen can cause the issues he reported on it's own:

"Seek emergency medical help if you have symptoms of heart or circulation problems, such as chest pain, weakness, shortness of breath, slurred speech, or problems with vision or balance.

Ibuprofen can also increase your risk of serious effects on the stomach or intestines, including bleeding or perforation (forming of a hole).

Call your doctor at once if you have symptoms of bleeding in your stomach or intestines. This includes black, bloody, or tarry stools, or coughing up blood or vomit that looks like coffee grounds."

Honi

There is no board.
I bought this for my mother. She badly broke her wrist at work and DE is supposed to help sore joints.

The other benefits are interesting especially the hair, skin and nail part. :yep: I mixed a tablespoon in some apple sauce. There was no taste but it was kinda chalky.

BonBon

I ordered this but do you have to continuously take it or can you just use it to clear yourself out every couple of months. I'm doing it for health more than hair.

sheba1

SOUND THE ALARM, LADIES!!!!

I will have you know that I took my normal 1 tbsp of DE last night mixed in water and a little milk and I woke up with NO appetite, what-so-ever. I finally ate after a couple hours (that was around 9am) because I know that is best for the metabolism. So... (looks at clock) that was 9 HOURS AGO and I'm still not hungry!! DE has made me one of those people that's going to have to have to set an alarm to remember to eat. :thud:

Operation "sexy by summer" in full effect. I'll be able to eat exactly what I need to, when I need to because I don't have ANY cravings! :look: well... except for my DE :lick:

Jozze

SOUND THE ALARM, LADIES!!!!

I will have you know that I took my normal 1 tbsp of DE last night mixed in water and a little milk and I woke up with NO appetite, what-so-ever. I finally ate after a couple hours (that was around 9am) because I know that is best for the metabolism. So... (looks at clock) that was 9 HOURS AGO and I'm still not hungry!! DE has made me one of those people that's going to have to have to set an alarm to remember to eat. :thud:

Operation "sexy by summer" in full effect. I'll be able to eat exactly what I need to, when I need to because I don't have ANY cravings! :look: well... except for my DE :lick:

:dance7:I'm so happy for you Sheba!!!:clap::clap::D

We should start a weightloss DE group called "sexy by summer" or SXS!!! DE def has amazing appetite suppression. I've lost six pounds in two weeks because I never remember to eat and I've only been craving fruit and veg. Also, I've completely gone off strachy carbs and sweets since taking it.
I take my tbsp of DE blended in my morning fruit and green smoothies and I only need to eat one small meal for dinner. This is the easiest weightloss I've ever experienced!

ETA: Just make sure you don't forget to drink enough water. I forgot one day last week and got a terrible migraine. DE is very dehydrating.

Last edited:

CoCoRica

My naturopathic doctor said DE is a go for me. She also gave the same praises that many of you have already mentioned!!! She also mentioned that Fish oil is better to take over Primose and Flaxseed, because fish oil does not have to be broken down. Its already in the form needed for the body to absorb it. She also said to take at least 1500mg combined of DHA and EFA (i think).

I cant wait to start taking DE!!!!

flowinlocks

We should start a weightloss DE group called "sexy by summer" or SXS!!! DE def has amazing appetite suppression. I've lost six pounds in two weeks because I never remember to eat and I've only been craving fruit and veg. Also, I've completely gone off strachy carbs and sweets since taking it.
I take my tbsp of DE blended in my morning fruit and green smoothies and I only need to eat one small meal for dinner. This is the easiest weightloss I've ever experienced!

ETA: Just make sure you don't forget to drinking enough water. I forgot one day last week and got a terrible migraine. DE is very dehydrating.

The bolded alone makes me want to try it!

Aggie

Drank my usual 32oz bottle of DE today. I think this is my second week on it and it has worked wonders with my bowel movements, a couple of times a day some days now. It's a keeper, even if just for this one reason. I have been sleeping very soundly as well and the pain I've been having in my wrist from tendonitis is now gone. I love these side benefits - a lot!!!

sheba1

How did the DE taste with water? It didn't keep you up at all since you took it at night?

It's not the best for me with just water.... but with, let's say 6 oz of water and 2 oz of milk it's :lick: for me. So I dunno... doesn't take much milk to do it for me but it gives it a lil somethin somethin.

It's so weird how it effects different people different ways! DE makes me sleepy :yawn: so I need to take it at night for now. But I have amazing energy the following day :yep:

ETA: Just make sure you don't forget to drinking enough water. I forgot one day last week and got a terrible migraine. DE is very dehydrating.

Thank you, Jozze! I am SO IN!!!! SXS, it is!! Jozze, you start the thread! I'm down :yep:

crr0121

I wanna take this after I have my baby but researching now doesn't hurt, lol. Losing weight and hair growth?! Perfect!!! But 4 those taking it, how does it taste/feel? Does it dissolve completely like salt or is it gritty? Does it taste nasty in plain water? Does a juice really cover the taste? I love supplements but the thing that makes me inconsistent with them is the fact that a lot of them are not very appetizing so it's hard to stick to. Is it tolerable or do you have to pinch your nose every time you take it? :perplexed