Protein fillers

MizzCoco

It's Colorful Neutral Protein Filler and you get it at Sally's.

My hair was reallllllllly weak on the ends. I mixed this with my conditioner and sat under the dryer for 30 min. I can't believe the difference. I think I was overmoisturizing my hair (Ojon will do that).

Ingredients: Aqua, Hydrolyzed Keratin Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein and Wheat Oligosaccharides, Keratin Amino Acids, Aloe Barbadenis, Humullus Lupulus:lachen:, Urfica Dioica, etc. (the rest look like your run-of-the-mill Tetrasodium EDTA, etc.

Girl, this stuff is the TRUF!

:lachen:I had to laugh when I read this ingredient too! What in the bleep is that??!

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Ladies after having it on my wishlist on Sallys, I went out and bought it today. Imma mix it with my DCs and also use it as a leave-in, that will take the place of Aphogee Green Tea.

deusa80

I've used this 3 times so far in 3 different ways and all 3 times I've been pretty happy with the results.

The first time I used it, I mixed a little in a spray bottle with a little water. I sprayed it all over my hair and then applied my DC and went under the dryer. I pretty much had no breakage that week! That is until I starter over moisturizing.... but really, it was great...that's the least amount of breakage I have seen since I started my hair care journey.

2nd time, since I over moisturized(too much moisturizing and sealing daily, I was doing it twice a day) I wanted to see how it would work if I mixed it in my DC. I made my usual mix and added a little protein filler and went under the dryer like usual. Again, I had very little breakage, but not as little as the first time I did it where I sprayed it directly on my hair.

3rd time was this past weekend, I used it as a leave in. I put it in my spray bottle and mixed it with a little water, sprayed it on but then also followed it up with my regular leave in(alter ego), I just took my cornrows out and I practially have no breakage! I've been moisturizing and sealing daily(only once a day now).

This stuff is great! It seems to work better for me when it's applied directly onto my hair mixed with a little water. I don't think I'm going to be using it every week, but I will be using it whenever I feel my hair is getting over moisturized or just whenever I feel like I need a little protein. I bought the really small bottle from Sally's and I still have quite a bit left...a little goes a long way. This is definitely a keeper!:grin:

bgsix

Thanks to the person who bumped this thread. I will be adding to my wish list. It seems to be very versatile. I wonder if can take the place of porosity control?

AtlantaJJ

Protein filler with make your cellophane color take like crazy when you use as instructed on the bottle. My hair is bright vibrant Red. It's a good thing my hair color is 1B or my hair would be glowing. It does glow when I'm under a light or in the sunlight. :lol:

ETA: I think I'll mix a little in one of my spary leave ins just for a little extra boost and spray on with water before my DC. My hair loves keratin protein.

shunemite

I'm so glad I read this! I wonder, can I just add this to my Keracare humecto whenever I need protein instead of buying Joico-K pack?

Okay I just answered my own question, it seems that it would cost more than GVP K pack.

Last edited:

Buttercreme

Picked this up at Sally's today.....Not sure how I want to use it yet.

1. During relaxer, as mid-protein step
2. Mixed w/moist. cond.
3. Diluted as a leave-in

So many possibilities....

AtlantaJJ

I mixed it as directed 2 parts protein filler 1 part rose water. Spritzed it all over my hair then put my moisture conditioner on top. Sat under the heating cap 15 mins. OMG my hair is so beautiful, its soft and strong at the same time. I'm going to buy all of the protein fillers they have at sallys!! I think it helped my NG behave to...I don't want to do my second half of my relaxer now..LOL I textlaxed the back. I can let the front ride a little longer now :love:

Buttercreme

^^^ I was actually thinking about using it this way, except

I would not dilute it, I'd put it on straight, then slather my moisturizing conditioner on top.

Wonder how that'd turn out

Buttercreme

I think it's supposed to be diluted though Buttercreme.

Maybe it's different when coloring hair, but the bottle says to apply to damp hair for 20 minutes, blot excess, then color as usual.

I have an older version/bottle of the Aphogee Green/Tea reconstructor leave-in, with keratin and silk being the first two ingredients.
Water is listed as the first ingredient in the Aphogee and the protein filler, so it is kinda a little diluted. I always spray on the Aphogee heavily after every wash weekly. My hair is healthy and fortified.

But,I might end up diluting it for first time usage just to get a feel on how my hair responds.

TIA

Ms_Twana

Maybe it's different when coloring hair, but the bottle says to apply to damp hair for 20 minutes, blot excess, then color as usual.

I have an older version/bottle of the Aphogee Green/Tea reconstructor leave-in, with keratin and silk being the first two ingredients.
Water is listed as the first ingredient in the Aphogee and the protein filler, so it is kinda a little diluted. I always spray on the Aphogee heavily after every wash weekly. My hair is healthy and fortified.

But,I might end up diluting it for first time usage just to get a feel on how my hair responds.

TIA

Oh okay. I thought I remember somebody saying that it had to be diluted. I guess reading the directions would HELP!!! :lachen:

Your hair is GORGEOUS by the way!!! :yep:

shunemite

Thank you ladies! I did this today with my rinse and it took very well. I also have more body (I'm a fine 4b). I diluted it, 1 protein: 3 water in a spray bottle. Didn't take away my sheen like Aphogee. I think my hair likes keratin more than the collagen in Aphogee.

mstar

Luxury bacon
This sounds just like the Komaza liquid Protein Strengthener, which is on my list of things to buy. It comes in a spray bottle, and you spray the protein directly onto the hair.

Hearing all of these great experiences makes me excited to try the Komaza version now!

MangaManiac

I'm definitely going to try this. Know that I'm in braids and moisturizing like crazy I think this in a spray bottle is going to work wonders! APL here I come!!!

outspokenwallflower

If you're using the protein filler for a permanent color service, how would you use it? Do you use it on your hair first and then apply the color (But doesn't your hair have to be dry when using permanent color?) or do you apply it to the color mixture itself? And if you apply it to the mixture, how much should be used?

Hope I can get some input on this!

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
This sounds just like the Komaza liquid Protein Strengthener, which is on my list of things to buy. It comes in a spray bottle, and you spray the protein directly onto the hair.

Hearing all of these great experiences makes me excited to try the Komaza version now!

I purchased this and will try it this weekend. But I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the protein filler. My hair has never been *this* healthy. I'm still battling a lot of shedding, though. I'm not as worried about that as I am breakage.

Last edited:

MangaManiac

I haven't actually tried it on my hair, but I did add some to clear mascara and have been applying it to my lashes 2-3x per day. I've noticed less stray eyelashes and more sheen. I can't really tell about length or thickness yet...

...damn, maybe I should take pictures??????

morehairplease

I haven't actually tried it on my hair, but I did add some to clear mascara and have been applying it to my lashes 2-3x per day. I've noticed less stray eyelashes and more sheen. I can't really tell about length or thickness yet...

wow, this is a great idea. I am running low on the protein filler but once I restock I will give this a try for sure.

Last edited:

Ms_Twana

So do you think it would work just like the SAA in mascara??