To all my weave challenge ladies..

asummertyme

and everybody else!
I did it!! i finally did a full head weave , thanks to the Ashant'e video on micro lace weaving i finally did a full head weave..and it was not hard at all!! anyhoo..here are some pictures.. I hope u enjoy!

for larger pictures u can check out my fotki album, the last four on the second page.. in the album titled curly weave pics

Last edited:

missyT

You did that yourself?! Well done...it looks really nice. You have a stunning face by the way.

asummertyme

hey u guys..thanx for the compliments!!
I brought the vudeo from hairtogo.com
someone on the weave challenge thread posted about it, and i decided to buy it..and it was a great investment..I did buy this hair from Lugo's brand new..the old hair i had for about a yr..so i threw it out..it was time for some new..lol

Healthb4Length

Summer, your hair looks fantastic so natural! I can't wait to get my videos and do my own weave too! You've given me so much hope! I knew that Ashanti's videos would make it easy, and I've seen previews on his site and it looks as if he's funny too!

Chinagem

OOh, your hair is purrty. I have had ashante's mircro-lace extensions, perfect style, and cut and style dvds for about a year now and I've yet to try them yet. I am very style challenged (I can't even cornrow my own hair) so I haven't tried them yet. Maybe i'll get one of my girlfriends to help me with it.

CurliDiva

Your weave looks GREAT! ;) The color is very flattering to your skintone.

How are you planning to care for it? How long will it last?

L

lkg4healthyhair

Very cute. What was the name of the hair?

I just got mine in Super Curly and will be getting a weave soon.

asummertyme

CurliDiva said:
Your weave looks GREAT! ;) The color is very flattering to your skintone.

How are you planning to care for it? How long will it last?

thanx curl diva..i plan on keeping it in for 2-3 mos maybe..i took my time and did it, and the style should last me for a while..to care for it i will just wash and condition it as my own hair...i use sebastion wet to define the curl..and basically that is it..this hair from lugos last for ever..looks brand new after a good wash and condtion and brush..

PoisedNPolished

This looks stunning! Does anyone know the website for this hair? Also I want to know details how much is everything including s&h!!!! I want some of this ASAP!
Thanks In Advance
-Me

asummertyme

MWLH...i went directly to the Lugo's hair center, but all's u have to do is call them and they will send it out to you..the hair i have in my head is wet and wavy..light brown #4 with golden highlites..i put the hi lites in seperatly..i forget the # of that color..give then a call..they will accomadate u..

Chanteuse

Oooh that looks great! Now I want to pick your brain b/c it sounds very interesting and I have no clue what the micro-lace technique is.:grin:

Is every bit of your hair up or is there some out?
How did you do it? Did you use a net like the previous one in your album?
How did you close the top?

TIA~

asummertyme

Chanteuse said:
Oooh that looks great! Now I want to pick your brain b/c it sounds very interesting and I have no clue what the micro-lace technique is.:grin:

Is every bit of your hair up or is there some out? yup! EVERY INCH..;)
How did you do it? Well, i cornrowed it as the video told me to do, then i added the lace..he instructs us to use the net just arount the front sides and back..but not on the top.. Did you use a net like the previous one in your album?n yup, same net..i just cut it in half..
How did you close the top? you go around in a circle, and keep on going until the whole closes up itself...

TIA~

i hope u get the gest of what im saying,.it is pretty similar to doing a partial head of weave, but when it comes to closing up the top u just keep going in a circular motion..wow, i cant believe i fianlly know how to do it..i have been trying to learn this for yrs..

Chanteuse

asummertyme said:
i hope u get the gest of what im saying,.it is pretty similar to doing a partial head of weave, but when it comes to closing up the top u just keep going in a circular motion..wow, i cant believe i fianlly know how to do it..i have been trying to learn this for yrs..

I think I do get it. You use the net around the perimeter of your head so that when you sew the hair to the net, it falls in a downward direction. You leave the top braids out, sew the hair directly to those braids so the tracks will be going in a circular direction which will conceal the tracks and braids. Am I close?
One more question just to be clear. Are the lace and the net the same thing? If not then I'm totally lost!

asummertyme

bmorefly..check my album..under curly weave, its the last 4 pics on the 2nd page...i dunno what happned either..

bluebearfanatic

i'm loving the hair!...it looks sooo nice!...i was unsure about getting a full head weave but now you've inspired me...i've been wanting to try to wet n wavy...i'm thinking i'm going to be doing this really soon!..:)

asummertyme

Do it blue bear!! I have only had 1 full head weve done b4, and it was done in the salon..i hated it..it looked to wiggish for me..but now that i have learned how to do it...u cant tell me jack now!..lol..do the full head..u will be happy u did, no fuss or muss and your hair is completly protected..

Ebony

chinagem, i cna't cornrow either, so don't feel bad. i practice every week though because i am determined & want to be prepared b4 i have kids! A writer wrote an article for essence years ago about his experience as a single parent gaining custody of his young daughter. He was determined to learn to braid & cornrow her head himself & he did after tons of practice. If he can, we can.