Loosening your curl pattern with MSM???(spinoff)

Nanyanika

buffalosoldier said:
Msm was definitely changing the texture of my hair but I had to stop taking it. But I take Biotin and it has quite drastically changed my hair texture. I might not ever texturise again at this rate.
How much biotin do you take and for how long before you noticed a texture change? thanks

Nanyanika

I've started taking 6,000mg over last 4-5 days, and my newgrowth seems to be coming in faster, softer and wavier, i will post results over the next three months. i'm going to increase to 10,000mg gradually.

Annakei

BAILEYSCREAM said:
Yep, I take MSM and there was a period when I hadn't taken it for about 5 weeks and my hair became a lot coarser and harder to comb. The MSM makes your hair a lot silkier and softer from my personal observations of my hair. You need to use it continuously though.

I think the brand also matters. You're better off using the powder, which you can mix with fruit juice. MSM is also odour free and tasteless so you won't have any problems with it.:)

PS:
Just saw your pics and your hair looks nice.
I hate it when I just take out my braids too, so much breakage I could scream and this is despitew keeping them moisturised and everything

MSM is NOT tasteless, it is odorless but NOT tasteless. I had a thread on this a few weeks back when I first started. Yes, I am using the powder/crystals.

missyT

My msm is not tasteless. It tastes real bitter...makes me want to gag. Why is this? How come everybody elses is bitter. So far I have taken msm from holland and barratt as well as that from GNC and both taste the same. They come in capsules but I empty the contents and take it in powdered form. Is this ok? Someone help me please!

Dolapo

missyT said:
My msm is not tasteless. It tastes real bitter...makes me want to gag. Why is this? How come everybody elses is bitter. So far I have taken msm from holland and barratt as well as that from GNC and both taste the same. They come in capsules but I empty the contents and take it in powdered form. Is this ok? Someone help me please!
i remembered doing this and th epowder in the capsules is way bitter than the powder form. i have the powder form which is a little bitter but not as bitter as the powder in the capsules. HTH

Irresistible

girl isnt that too much to take???, it sounds like it

btw I never incorporated MSM into my regimen because I took less than half of a capsule of the powder(after opening it) it was pure, it passed the water test(where it totally disolves and nothing is floating) and it made me very sick, MSM is a powerfull detox supplement, which can be a good thing but also something that can make you feel very sick

den1 said:
I've started taking 6,000mg over last 4-5 days, and my newgrowth seems to be coming in faster, softer and wavier, i will post results over the next three months. i'm going to increase to 10,000mg gradually.

Nanyanika

Irresistible said:
girl isnt that too much to take???, it sounds like it

btw I never incorporated MSM into my regimen because I took less than half of a capsule of the powder(after opening it) it was pure, it passed the water test(where it totally disolves and nothing is floating) and it made me very sick, MSM is a powerfull detox supplement, which can be a good thing but also something that can make you feel very sick
LOL I know it sounds a lot!!! but its non-toxic mineral, so its pretty safe, the one i'm taking is a pure brand, I'm well aware of the detox symptons I did suffer hedaches but i'm feeling better now. i will gradually increase to saturate my system before maintaining a dose of at least 2,000mg a day. as long as i drink lots of water i'm fine. i'm not just taking for hair though, i suffer from acne breakouts, aches and pain in my joints, i've used msm before and it helped with some of my issues.