How to add shine to dull natural Hair

nappity

I use Carols Daughter Mimosa Hair Honey. Its the only non-silicone product that gives my hair shine.

dinaaike

Question first. Is it duller than usual, or is it just naturally non-reflective?

I ask because I notice my own hair isn't as shiny as I'm used to and I finished looking up the answer not five minutes ago (imagine my surprise when I saw this thread in the new lineup).

My problem is most likely product build-up. I also have hard water, however, so I think I'm going to try a good chelating shampoo for a full detox. If I works I may incorporate it once or twice a month.

OT: Does anyone know if Aveda Detox has a trial size? :grin: I'm on restriction from bulk-buying and full-size purchases over $4 unless a trial is not available.

If your problem is that you know it's naturally non-reflective, I saw someone make a post about broccoli seed oil. I can't speak from experience, but I'm thinking of adding that to my next restock. She said it was like silicone without the bad effects. You might look into that and make a spritz or add it to your leave-in. HTH!

mrsmercery

Henna did it for me, the picture below was taken before any henna treatments. If I could figure out how to change it you'll see the growth progress and shine I've gotten from henna and mn these past 6 weeks...

moni_kerr

JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZING!! Lol soak your hair in some Jazzing over night and your hair will be bliingin! It's a semi perm. dye but they have one that comes in a clear gloss