2014 Christian Random Thoughts -- Don't Lose Hope

Divine.

Wasn't this board based on Christian principles? So why are we getting offended that Christians have their own section and that we exist on this board? All this bickering on both sides is becoming too much

Iwanthealthyhair67

wow, where was I, I missed all that ...lots of demonic activity going on in that show some knowing and unknowingly

Last edited:

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
I've been enjoying these worship songs by Mk BheBhe and he has quite a testimony about having hip surgery because of a rare disease that had caused his joint eat one another; about his childhood days when the kids teased him about his legs .. and how he trusted God and learned to forgive them. Today he is leading others in Praise & Worship, dancing like David. When I first saw him singing and dancing, my heart smiled and I didn't know why. Now I know.

I posted one of his songs today , Tambira Jehovah. We never know what people have gone through, are going through, will go through, but there is one thing that is certain, trusting God keeps the soul Joyful. His Word is marrow to the bones. Stay encouraged, God is good!

Xaragua

Word of the day.
Psalms 33 vs 18-19
But the eyes of the Lord are on those who fear him, on those whose hope is in his unfailing love,to deliver them from death and keep them alive in famine.

Iwanthealthyhair67

I was in the cafeteria an overheard a conversation by a group of young men talking about Christianity....

One of young men said, "I'll get saved again if I feel so inclined to do so" ....I said excused me I couldn't help overhearing you said; you will get saved if you feel so inclined; he goes yeah it don't make no sense getting saved if you are not ready...

I said; I agree but I want you to know that you cant just get up anytime you feel like it and decide to get saved, it don't work like that...he disagreed. I said, "it's Holy Spirit that draws you to Jesus you can decide to say yes or no but you don't just wake up one morning and say I'll get saved today.

What a world we live in, where we feel everything is about us, how flippant we are with God and things of God, we take much for granted...It's only by the grace of God that we are here His mercy extended towards us and we are nonchalant and ignorant to the ways of God....Lord help!

mrselle

"I'm in his safety. Dwell in his safety. The safety of the Lord."

That is what has been ringing in my spirit for the past hour. I was starting to worry. I dosed off for about 10 minutes and when I woke up that is what I heard in my spirit.

felic1

The grammys reflected the unholy focus of laws in this country. I did not watch it and only saw some portion on a commercial or news broadcast. I am always sad about Jay Z wanting everybody to look at his wife's bottom and other parts.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
I was in the cafeteria an overheard a conversation by a group of young men talking about Christianity....

One of young men said, "I'll get saved again if I feel so inclined to do so" ....I said excused me I couldn't help overhearing you said; you will get saved if you feel so inclined; he goes yeah it don't make no sense getting saved if you are not ready...

I said; I agree but I want you to know that you cant just get up anytime you feel like it and decide to get saved, it don't work like that...he disagreed. I said, "it's Holy Spirit that draws you to Jesus you can decide to say yes or no but you don't just wake up one morning and say I'll get saved today.

What a world we live in, where we feel everything is about us, how flippant we are with God and things of God, we take much for granted...It's only by the grace of God that we are here His mercy extended towards us and we are nonchalant and ignorant to the ways of God....Lord help!

This s very sad, Healthy Hair...

Sadder is that this child may not wake up one morning in time to save his soul. :nono:

This reminds me of Luke 16, the rich man who died and went to hell. While there his suffering was unbearable. So much so, that he looked up and begged 'Abraham' to send the poor man Lazarus to dip his finger in water and quench his thirst. Abraham replied, that it was impossible for there was a 'great gulf fixed' between them and there was no way to send him any form of relief.

The rich man then asked, 'Can you then send a warning to my brothers so they will not die and suffer this torment.

** Shimmie pausing *** Here it is... (I love this response)...

'No', for they have Moses and the Prophets to warn them".

In other words, his brothers have the Word of God, right there at their hands, as well as teachers of the Bible, as their warning.

These young boys are without excuse. And I am going to take this further. Folks can complain all they want that they were turned off or away from God by so and so and this and that... HOWEVER, God didn't turn them away. We cannot blame what another person has done for our decision/decisions to leave God out of our lives.

It don't work that way.

How many times have we eaten a stale cracker or bought a dress or coat that had imperfections. Did we turn away from crackers or shopping? No, we did not. We cannot blame God for what others do. We have to turn to God all the more.

Hence, this young man betta' get it together with Jesus with a quickness. satan loves these targets for dinner and a snack.

GodivaChocolate

It angers me that people lash out at Christians because they are firmly rooted in their belief in Gods Word. It makes me want to fight but then I remember how they persecuted Jesus and I am humbled.

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
I am so excited for this weekend! I planned a winter retreat for my church and all the pieces seem to be coming together quite nicely. I think it'll be a wonderful, uplifting time

Please pray for us traveling in this horrible weather :nono:

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
I am so excited for this weekend! I planned a winter retreat for my church and all the pieces seem to be coming together quite nicely. I think it'll be a wonderful, uplifting time

Please pray for us traveling in this horrible weather :nono:

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

This was a blessing and a blast!! :grin: Everything came together perfectly, and the weather was completely cleared.
I loved getting to know some members of my church a little better.

One of my guy friends at church invited a non-church member friend of his, and he had such a good time. I was just thinking the whole time that the biggest ministry we were doing for him wasn't necessarily in the sermons and workshops (although those of course were great). I think the biggest ministry was just the loving, accepting way everybody treated him. By the end of the retreat, our pastor's baby girl was running to him to play. :lol:

Shimmie

Staff member
This was a blessing and a blast!! :grin: Everything came together perfectly, and the weather was completely cleared.
I loved getting to know some members of my church a little better.

One of my guy friends at church invited a non-church member friend of his, and he had such a good time. I was just thinking the whole time that the biggest ministry we were doing for him wasn't necessarily in the sermons and workshops (although those of course were great). I think the biggest ministry was just the loving, accepting way everybody treated him.

By the end of the retreat, our pastor's baby girl was running to him to play. :lol:

Awwwwwwwww, so adorable; I know that warmed his heart so much. :hug2:

Divine.

I remember what my life used to be without God. Because of that, I can't even fathom how a person can truly be happy without God in their lives. What's the purpose of living? To just exist? With God your life has a purpose and there is no end. We have eternity! I guess there will be some things I will never understand.

LoveisYou

Be strong and courageous" My verse for this year, I need it...be strong and courageous Loveisyou, strong and courageous....God has not given you a spirit of fear....but of love, and of power and a sound mind...thus be strong and courageous

Last edited:

LoveisYou

"You don't need to have a perfect background to come to Christ, all your background does is tell me where you went searching" Jakes

Iwanthealthyhair67

THE REMEDY FOR FEAR

In his first inaugural speech in 1933 Franklin D. Roosevelt, the newly elected president of the US, addressed a nation that was still reeling from the Great Depression. Hoping to ignite a more optimistic outlook regarding that economic crisis, he declared, "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."

Fear often shows up in our lives when we are at risk of losing something - our wealth, health, reputation, position, safety, family, friends. It reveals our innatedesire to protect the things in life that are important to us, rather than fully entrusting them to God's care annd control. When fear takes over, it cripples us emotionally and saps us spiritually. We're afraid to tell other about Christ, to extend our lives and resourses for the benefit of others, or to venture into new territory. A fearful spirit is more vulnerable to the enemy, who tempts us to compromise biblical convictions and to take matters into our own hands.

The remedy for fear, of course, is trust in our Creator. Only when we trust the reality of God's presence, power, protection, and provision for our lives can we share the joy of the psalmist, who said, "I sought the LORD, and He heard me and delivered me from all my fears." (Ps. 34:4).

Trust in the LORD is the cure for a fearful spirit.

Shimmie

Staff member
THE REMEDY FOR FEAR

In his first inaugural speech in 1933 Franklin D. Roosevelt, the newly elected president of the US, addressed a nation that was still reeling from the Great Depression. Hoping to ignite a more optimistic outlook regarding that economic crisis, he declared, "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."

Fear often shows up in our lives when we are at risk of losing something - our wealth, health, reputation, position, safety, family, friends. It reveals our innatedesire to protect the things in life that are important to us, rather than fully entrusting them to God's care annd control. When fear takes over, it cripples us emotionally and saps us spiritually. We're afraid to tell other about Christ, to extend our lives and resourses for the benefit of others, or to venture into new territory. A fearful spirit is more vulnerable to the enemy, who tempts us to compromise biblical convictions and to take matters into our own hands.

The remedy for fear, of course, is trust in our Creator. Only when we trust the reality of God's presence, power, protection, and provision for our lives can we share the joy of the psalmist, who said, "I sought the LORD, and He heard me and delivered me from all my fears." (Ps. 34:4).

Trust in the LORD is the cure for a fearful spirit.

Thank you Healthy Hair for this loving message.

F alse
E vidence
A ppearing
R eal

seraphim712

I noticed that many atheists/agnostics have been challenging/jeering at people's belief/faith in God recently at full force. I'm just wondering why they care so much about a person's belief system and trying so hard to disprove it...

The science vs religion debate that happened this week, for example didn't seem like it was meant for educational purposes, but to mock and vilify people who choose to believe in a higher being...

Last edited:

LiftedUp

How was church today? I left without knowing what the sermon was about :ohwell: It's clear to me that it was unprepared because I asked my mom what is was about and she didn't know either.

Maracujá

November 2020 --> 14 years natural!!!
^^Oh that's too bad. Our pastor preached on Marc 4:26 and explained to us how important it is to sow so you can reap later.

Laela

My DH sometimes says things I believe God wants to me really hear at times. What started as a disagreement turned into chastisement and I had to chuckle (well, later anyway.. lol).. DH brought up Job and a note from Joseph Prince to get this through:. The devil approached Job directly... until Job's friends showed up; they did a fine job being his substitute after that appearance.

Laela

Word of the day... this has been resonating all week:

"Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on Thee: because he trusteth in Thee" (Isa 26:3).

Our Father God will never fails to do His part, if we will do our part by cooperating with Him. Talk about a good partnership. Amein~

PinkPebbles

When God blesses me I can't help but to give Him glory....He has been too good :)

It's not about me but His goodness and loving kindness.

InVue

Simple Life Lover
don't give up, don't give in, hold on and don't let go

This is exactly how I feel about radical Christians. The ones who will stand firm and speak the true word of God without sugarcoating it to avoid offending people. And I don't mean being rude and/or not using wisdom, but tell the truth because at the end of the day that is what the soul needs. Souls are precious...

Jesus is looking for the pure in heart.