2014 Christian Random Thoughts -- Don't Lose Hope

Iwanthealthyhair67

praying for you ladies, that while your waiting on God that you experience the miraculous where bills are paid and all your needs are met...HappywithJC723, praying that the Lord sends the right job to your husband I pray that every closed door is opened and there will be no more dead ends in Jesus name Amen!

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Remembering the memory of Nelson Mandela today...

We all know how iconic he had become, but one fact about his life that will always stick with me: when he was in prison, they had him breaking rocks in the prison yard with a sledgehammer. - little did they know how symbolic this was -- he became that sledgehammer that reduced the big, hardened boulders of racism and hatred to gravel !

LoveisYou

Lots of growing to do, thank God for being so patient with me. He's so amazing ya'll, sometimes I just want to jump up and down and praise Him. Glory!

loolalooh

Thought for the day ...

Perhaps, His answers aren't always so "black and white". Perhaps they are sometimes "just do this, my child".

JaneBond007

Lust and relationships? What are your views? We were having this discussion today at church.

Like, how? Passion vs. lust? Lust can be inordinate. Passion can lead to lust. If a man lusts after his wife, I think he's lost some respect for her and is objectifying her. To be very passionate for our wife doesn't mean he isn't desperate to get home from work to get at her. :giggle: Everything in respect and permission.

Iwanthealthyhair67

Thought this was funny, enjoy!

Bill and Blanche

Bill and his wife Blanche go to the state fair every year,

And every year Bill would say,

" Blanche, I'd like to ride in that helicopter "

Blanche always replied,

" I know Bill, but that helicopter ride is fifty bucks,

And fifty bucks is fifty bucks! "

One year Bill and Blanche went to the fair, and Bill said,

" Blanche, I'm 75 years old.

If I don't ride that helicopter, I might never get another chance "

To this, Blanche replied,

" Bill that helicopter ride is fifty bucks, and fifty bucks is fifty bucks "

The pilot overheard the couple and said,

" Folks I'll make you a deal. I'll take the both of you for a ride. If you can stay quiet for the entire ride and don't say a word I won't charge you a penny!

But if you say one word it's fifty dollars. "

Bill and Blanche agreed and up they went.

The pilot did all kinds of fancy maneuvers, but not a word was heard.

He did his daredevil tricks over and over again,

But still not a word...

When they landed, the pilot turned to Bill and said,

" By golly, I did everything I could to get you to yell out, but you didn't.

I'm impressed! "

Bill replied,

" Well, to tell you the truth

I almost said something when Blanche fell out,

But you know,

Fifty bucks is fifty bucks! "

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
I enjoyed a great discussion with someone about Judges 16 ... Yes, three times she asked him the secret of his strength and three times he answered her, but with his lips. The fourth time he told her, though, he spoke from his heart, telling her everything she needed to know. Relationships can be that way. Guard your Heart.

mz.rae

I really wish I could open up more to the people at my church and start building friendships. I came in with the wrong attitude, feeling bitter about the people there and thinking I don't need friends here I have my own outside of church. I know I was wrong and am trying to start over.

Iwanthealthyhair67

Just an observation, I noticed that pass hurts always seem to pop up when have discussion on the CF ..

What I would like to share more than ever is ‘forgiveness’.

We’ve all been hurt before by a dear friend, relative even strangers and as long as we live chances are we will be hurt again. Forgivenss means I can’t continuously dwell on who hurt me or how many times I was hurt or even bring up the pass hurts on occasion, as a defense mechanism or to give a reason why I act the way I do.

Matthew 18 Peter asks God how often should a man forgive, and Jesus responds

21Then Peter came and said to Him, "Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me and I forgive him? Up to seven times?" 22Jesus said to him, "I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven.

This isn’t to say that we should stop forgiving a person when he’s reached his/her maximum (490 times), we are to live in a state of forgiveness. How many times has HE forgiven us, and he knows we will do it (whatever 'it' is) again, yet He forgives. I noticed it in our interaction with each other, some guarded, some rude, some defensive. We should be more like Him, more forgiving.

Divine.

Currently at Heather Lindsey's Pinky Promise conference. We had quiet time not too long ago. When I tell you God's grace wrecked me, it wrecked me completely :nono: My life has been extremely busy these days and I haven't had as much time as I would've liked to spend time with God.

When I went into his presence today, I wasn't expecting for him to hit me so hard. I felt like, because I haven't been making time for him lately, he didn't want to use me anymore. He whispered to me that his grace is continuous and doesn't stop just because I may stop. When I'm too busy, He still there longing to be with me.

God is so good. Even when we don't deserve it. I don't deserve what God has given to me. He gave me a new life! He gave me an exit out of despair. I'm just thankful that I have built such a relationship with him that I can always get back into his presence and experience his splendor. He amazes me every time.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Currently at Heather Lindsey's Pinky Promise conference. We had quiet time not too long ago. When I tell you God's grace wrecked me, it wrecked me completely :nono: My life has been extremely busy these days and I haven't had as much time as I would've liked to spend time with God.

When I went into his presence today, I wasn't expecting for him to hit me so hard. I felt like, because I haven't been making time for him lately, he didn't want to use me anymore. He whispered to me that his grace is continuous and doesn't stop just because I may stop. When I'm too busy, He still there longing to be with me.

God is so good. Even when we don't deserve it. I don't deserve what God has given to me. He gave me a new life! He gave me an exit out of despair. I'm just thankful that I have built such a relationship with him that I can always get back into his presence and experience his splendor. He amazes me every time.

divine, I'm glad that you are there to share this with us. You're our 'Blessing' from a Blessing. I'm very thankful for your heart that is sharing this with us who are unable to attend.

God's presence is amazing.

Shimmie

Staff member
I really wish I could open up more to the people at my church and start building friendships. I came in with the wrong attitude, feeling bitter about the people there and thinking I don't need friends here I have my own outside of church. I know I was wrong and am trying to start over.

New Beginnings are God's Speciality... :yep:

Divine.

I felt like God led me to post his scripture: If people crush underfoot all the prisoners of the land, if they deprive others of their rights in defiance of the Most High, if they twist justice in the courts— doesn’t the Lord see all these things? (Lamentations 3:34-36 NLT)

There is so much going on in this world but God sees all. Our suffering and persecution is not in vain. In light of what's going on with our justice system and the Middle East, this scripture serves as a reminder that in the end The Lord with reign supreme.

Shimmie

Staff member
I felt like God led me to post his scripture:

If people crush underfoot all the prisoners of the land,

if they deprive others of their rights in defiance of the Most High, if they twist justice in the courts—

doesn’t the Lord see all these things? (Lamentations 3:34-36 NLT)

There is so much going on in this world but God sees all. Our suffering and persecution is not in vain. In light of what's going on with our justice system and the Middle East, this scripture serves as a reminder that in the end The Lord with reign supreme.

God's Word Fitly Spoken, always on time. Thank you Precious divine

Iwanthealthyhair67

Each generation raises the contentment bar, it seems. With every new technological advance, we seem to need more and more things to be satisfied. My parents' generation knew nothing of a family having a car. When I was growing up, we didn't even have computers, but I hear young people today complaining because the one they have is'nt the latest model.

The standards for true contentment,though, know no calendar. The 21st century will bring all kinds of marvels to our world, but it won't bring a better defintion for contentment than the 2,000-year-old words of the apostle Paul. He said,"I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content....Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry....I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" (Phil. 4:11-13).

The secret of contentment is found in Christ-not in man's inventions, creature comforts, techno-toys, wealth, or strength making the most of it. As 19th-century author Maltbie Babcock said, "Contentment.....is the grateful, faithful, fruitful use of what we have , little or much."

Most of us are not content with our lot because we want a lot more.

Scripture Text: Philippians 4:11 - I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content.

Maracujá

November 2020 --> 14 years natural!!!
^^^So timely. Every monday I go through my finances, I read Scriptures on it and listen to sermons about it; yesterday I came to the conclusion that the best financial advice is the one in the Bible about not coveting. Helps tremendously!

Shimmie

Staff member
Each generation raises the contentment bar, it seems. With every new technological advance, we seem to need more and more things to be satisfied. My parents' generation knew nothing of a family having a car. When I was growing up, we didn't even have computers, but I hear young people today complaining because the one they have is'nt the latest model.

The standards for true contentment,though, know no calendar. The 21st century will bring all kinds of marvels to our world, but it won't bring a better defintion for contentment than the 2,000-year-old words of the apostle Paul. He said,"I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content....Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry....I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" (Phil. 4:11-13).

The secret of contentment is found in Christ-not in man's inventions, creature comforts, techno-toys, wealth, or strength making the most of it. As 19th-century author Maltbie Babcock said, "Contentment.....is the grateful, faithful, fruitful use of what we have , little or much."

Most of us are not content with our lot because we want a lot more.

Scripture Text: Philippians 4:11 - I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content.

Thank you for sharing this Healthy Hair. I'm convicted... because just this morning I was complaining (in my thoughts) about my email loading too slow.

And it was all of 10 seconds too long... Now had it continued to 11 seconds, I'd be on a serious melt down, all because I wanted 'instant' access.

Really Shimmie... Really? :nono:

Not even 10 years ago, I was still on dial-up and grateful.

GodivaChocolate

For the word of the Lord is right and true; he is faithful in all he does. The Lord loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of his unfailing love. (*Psalm‬ *33‬:*4-5‬ NIV)

PinkPebbles

I was on line at the grocery store and this gentleman offered to pay for my groceries. I said thank you, you don't have too but he insisted. I still was reluctant and said just because you offered to pay for my groceries doesn't mean I'm going to give you my phone number. The gentleman said, I don't want anything in return, and I doubt if we would ever cross paths again. I just want to be a blessing.

I smiled and said ok, you can pay for my groceries and thank you for being a blessing to me :).

God is good.

Shimmie

Staff member
I was on line at the grocery store and this gentleman offered to pay for my groceries. I said thank you, you don't have too but he insisted. I still was reluctant and said just because you offered to pay for my groceries doesn't mean I'm going to give you my phone number. The gentleman said, I don't want anything in return, and I doubt if we would ever cross paths again. I just want to be a blessing.

I smiled and said ok, you can pay for my groceries and thank you for being a blessing to me :).

God is good.

PinkPebbles....

So often you have taken your very last, helping others and believing God to take care of what you need even after you've shared so next to your last dime and dollar. God's heart has smiled you and has sent an angel from Heaven down to bless you. :yep:

Iwanthealthyhair67

Most times when the bible speaks about the heart it is not speaking about the beating thing in your chest but your mind (kardia or nous), our minds is where the will, intellect, reasonings, thoughts passions, appetites, desire, character, affections, emotions is, our inner most part.

Romans 12:2
2And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.

Once we get saved we are changed however, our thought pattern now needs to be de-programmed and renewed everything needs to be unlearned and replaced with the knowledge of God, the only way to do this is to read the word of God!

Speaking from experience this is not an easy task, much of what I’ve learned or was taught was wrong and very often kicks against the pricks of what the word of God says.

Ephesians 4:22
22That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; 23And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; 24And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

Everything must now we retaught and relearned, my thought, appetites passions desires, will, affection, emotions character all must know be changed and subject to God.

Let’s renew our minds!

Divine.

Saw this on my Instagram timeline and thought I'd share :)

Attachments

• image-977735955.jpg
    image-977735955.jpg
    300.1 KB · Views: 29

Maracujá

November 2020 --> 14 years natural!!!
^^^Thanks for sharing. I realized recently that I sometimes give Him instructions on how He should go about solving my issues, forgetting that He has eternal wisdom on how to do this compared to my 20+ years here on earth.