Calming Presence...So Real, So Gentle, So Ours...

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
This morning was very different, very special, very welcome.

As I was standing on the platform waiting for the train, I noticed a tangled web of purple threads on the ribbon ties of a top that I wore today. The top has a drawstring at the empire waist and it is light and flowing, perfect for a hot summer day.

But there was a huge web of tangled purple threads that I had not noticed before and being the perfectionist that I am... ummm, yeah, you guessed it, I had to remove them. Now my sewing kit was at home, and I wondered how was I going to do this without damage to the blouse? I began to move the knotted threads and slowly, they began to unravel through my fingers. Wow, this was easier than I anticipated. So I stood there on the platform removing the purple threads one by one.

A few moments passed in time, and I noticed something. I was at peace... A great peace. Not regarding the threads becoming untangled, but there was a huge presence of peace within me and a very soft cool breeze and all I could do was relax and enjoy the moment while removing those tangled threads.

The breeze was a welcome presence as it has been so hot and humid the past several days. But then, it's Summer and Summer is only being true to what it is...hot and humid. :look:

I stood there so relaxed; so much so that I cannot put into words. The breeze felt as if it were designed just for me, for it comforted every part of me that had been parched by the sun in days prior. I had just washed my hair and the breeze seemed to be dancing in the gentle fragrance of it. I smiled. The air was special, the air was nice, the air was soothing my soul.

I remembered something. I was still unraveling those purple threads on my blouse's tie strings, calm as can be; and I remembered something. God was answering this morning's prayer.

I had awakened very early (mid-morning) and there was an issue that I was concerned about, and I remember praying and telling God,

"I choose to give this to you. Father, I choose to love them instead and I give it all to you."

After the prayer, I went back to bed and went to sleep until it was time to get up and prepare for work.

It's interesting how I didn't notice those tangled purple strings on my blouse until I was on the platform waiting for the train. More likely than not, I would have gone into a mode of frustration, as this was the blouse that I was 'set' upon wearing. My clothing is always laid out the night before, and all was 'perfect', I didn't see the strings.

Some may say, 'It's just a blouse with purple strings, what's the big deal?' Well, to answer that question, the big deal is 'None, Really' :nono:, unless you are a perfectionist like me and everything has to be set in place ahead of time and not last minute. I don't do well with last minute people :look: Which takes this back to the prayer of for giving 'them' over to God; as there were some 'last minute' actions that took place on my job that rippled and spilled into my life (my personal schedule) and I was not happy, at all. :fistshake:

God's Grace, as always, prevailed. The calm that I experienced this morning, was a miracle and an answer to prayer.

The Gentle Breeze was the Gentle Presence of the Holy Spirit, the Presence of God Himself, who lives and abides in each of us, as His very own.

Dear Father in Heaven, thank you for this beautiful day and morning of peace which you so lovingly and gracefully blessed upon me.

Dearest Father, I ask that you bless others too. Bless those who are hurting for whatever reasons, heal those who are in pain and have symptoms with causes unknown. Heal those with broken hearts, broken dreams, broken faith and hope which seems deferred far too long and far stretched beyond resilience.

Dearest Father, bring a gentle breeze upon them as you did so for me and let it be known beyond any doubt, that your presence is there, securing them with your peace which surpasses any and all understanding.

Precious Holy Spirit, the gentle breeze of you, flowing in and around them... your peace that no one and nothing can ever take away.

In Jesus' name, Amen and Amen.

Psalm 46:10 "Be still and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.”

Psalm 46:5

God is within her, she will not fall;
God will help her at break of day

Shimmie

Staff member

God will help her at break of day.

The Great Calm of God...

'God will help her at the break of day...'

As I re-read this scripture, I can see how God brought His Word to pass. As shared above, I had awakened mid-morning with a troubled spirit regarding an issue at work. I prayed and gave it over to God and then went back to sleep.

As I read the Words from Scripture, "God will help her at the break of day...', that's EXACTLY what God did. The loving calm of the Holy Spirit woke me up mid-morning and He helped me.

I had to forgive those whose actions of procrastination had imposed upon my personal life. Their delay, imposed an unwelcome delay in my arrival home. I did not like that and I carried it into my sleep. And I would have carried it into work yesterday morning, had it not been for the loving calm of God, reaching out for me with His loving comfort to just simply let it go and allow Him to handle it.

There is absolutely no way that we can escape the love of God nor His calming presence in our lives. God is always there ... Jehovah Shammah, with us, behind us, beside us, ahead of us... inside of us.

And this I pray for you to know that you know that you know... without doubt nor fear, nor wondering. You are embraced and endowed with the surety of God always with you.

After all, the name that was given to Jesus is: Emanuel ... 'God with us'.

And He most surely is... with you.

Amen.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
This entire post touched my Heart... there's something very calming and soothing about the color "purple" :grin:

Amein!

This morning was very different, very special, very welcome.

As I was standing on the platform waiting for the train, I noticed a tangled web of purple threads on the ribbon ties of a top that I wore today. The top has a drawstring at the empire waist and it is light and flowing, perfect for a hot summer day.

But there was a huge web of tangled purple threads that I had not noticed before and being the perfectionist that I am... ummm, yeah, you guessed it, I had to remove them. Now my sewing kit was at home, and I wondered how was I going to do this without damage to the blouse? I began to move the knotted threads and slowly, they began to unravel through my fingers. Wow, this was easier than I anticipated. So I stood there on the platform removing the purple threads one by one.

A few moments passed in time, and I noticed something. I was at peace... A great peace. Not regarding the threads becoming untangled, but there was a huge presence of peace within me and a very soft cool breeze and all I could do was relax and enjoy the moment while removing those tangled threads.

The breeze was a welcome presence as it has been so hot and humid the past several days. But then, it's Summer and Summer is only being true to what it is...hot and humid. :look:

I stood there so relaxed; so much so that I cannot put into words. The breeze felt as if it were designed just for me, for it comforted every part of me that had been parched by the sun in days prior. I had just washed my hair and the breeze seemed to be dancing in the gentle fragrance of it. I smiled. The air was special, the air was nice, the air was soothing my soul.

I remembered something. I was still unraveling those purple threads on my blouse's tie strings, calm as can be; and I remembered something. God was answering this morning's prayer.

I had awakened very early (mid-morning) and there was an issue that I was concerned about, and I remember praying and telling God,

"I choose to give this to you. Father, I choose to love them instead and I give it all to you."

After the prayer, I went back to bed and went to sleep until it was time to get up and prepare for work.

It's interesting how I didn't notice those tangled purple strings on my blouse until I was on the platform waiting for the train. More likely than not, I would have gone into a mode of frustration, as this was the blouse that I was 'set' upon wearing. My clothing is always laid out the night before, and all was 'perfect', I didn't see the strings.

Some may say, 'It's just a blouse with purple strings, what's the big deal?' Well, to answer that question, the big deal is 'None, Really' :nono:, unless you are a perfectionist like me and everything has to be set in place ahead of time and not last minute. I don't do well with last minute people :look: Which takes this back to the prayer of for giving 'them' over to God; as there were some 'last minute' actions that took place on my job that rippled and spilled into my life (my personal schedule) and I was not happy, at all. :fistshake:

God's Grace, as always, prevailed. The calm that I experienced this morning, was a miracle and an answer to prayer.

The Gentle Breeze was the Gentle Presence of the Holy Spirit, the Presence of God Himself, who lives and abides in each of us, as His very own.

Dear Father in Heaven, thank you for this beautiful day and morning of peace which you so lovingly and gracefully blessed upon me.

Dearest Father, I ask that you bless others too. Bless those who are hurting for whatever reasons, heal those who are in pain and have symptoms with causes unknown. Heal those with broken hearts, broken dreams, broken faith and hope which seems deferred far too long and far stretched beyond resilience.

Dearest Father, bring a gentle breeze upon them as you did so for me and let it be known beyond any doubt, that your presence is there, securing them with your peace which surpasses any and all understanding.

Precious Holy Spirit, the gentle breeze of you, flowing in and around them... your peace that no one and nothing can ever take away.

In Jesus' name, Amen and Amen.

Psalm 46:10 "Be still and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.”

God will help her at break of day

JaneBond007

Purple is the color of the stole the priest wears for reconciliation. It is the color of the sacrament of forgiveness. Wonderful post.

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
Purple is the color of the sash the priest wears for reconciliation. It is the color of the sacrament of forgiveness. Wonderful post.

This entire post touched my Heart... there's something very calming and soothing about the color "purple" :grin:

Amein!

Laela and JaneBond007

It's interesting what the two of you shared about the color purple. This is where I was focused up, those purple threads and it was so relaxing getting them unraveled. I simply could not ignore how peaceful I was. There are truly no words for it.

And that soft breeze was so comforting. All of this took me to another place in my heart instead of being affected by the hot / humid temperature and the issue at work.

There's no peace like God's peace...none whatsoever.

Amein and Amein...

paradise1975

Shimmied your post deeply warmed my soul! That gentle breeze from our Father that saturates us in His presence. So beautiful!! I needed to hear and feel every word of your post. Thank you so much!!

Shimmie

Staff member
Shimmied your post deeply warmed my soul! That gentle breeze from our Father that saturates us in His presence. So beautiful!! I needed to hear and feel every word of your post. Thank you so much!!

paradise1975, :love2: thank you for sharing this special moment. I still don't have the words to explain nor describe how peaceful I felt.

I'm all the more humbled because now I'm realizing that if I had not have had the frustrating experience at work which caused me to arrive home much later than usual, I would not have had the need for God to comfort me so.

God promises us in His Word that,

'He works all things together for our good, according to His riches in glory. '

There is no amount of money in this world nor this life that could have bought this abundance of God's presence and His loving peace. No amount of money, no amount of barter (no trade-ins). For Jesus paid the price of our peace...in full, with the dear price of His life upon that cross with the life of His blood, that nothing can ever compare nor trump it's value, nor rarity.

And it's all 'Ours'...at no cost and without being worthy of it. For I surely wasn't worthy. My demeanor was shot. I had nothing to offer except to allow God to have what hurt me and allow Him to give me His loving peace, instead. The vindication that I felt that I was (supposedly) 'entitled' to, was nothing to compare to what God gave me instead of...His unfailing presence and His love.

Jesus said, 'Come' unto Him, 'we' who are heavy laden and He will give us rest. The chastisement, (the cost) of our peace, Jesus took upon Himself so that we would not have to do anything except to receive it, from Him to Us with Love.

Thank you, Lord Jesus, with all of our hearts for you loving us so very much and for your unending presence within our hearts and our lives, forever and ever...

Amen...