Update: Three Years Natchal

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Hey guys :wave: Most of y'all probably don't know me, I don't frequent this side of the board too often nowadays. I'm mostly in OT, Entertainment and Nail Fanatics. You should join us! :grin:

Anyway, I'll get right to the pictures, because that's all anyone ever really wants, right? :lol:

2011:

2012:

2013:

Now: :spinning:

I don't have any pictures of my hair styled, because it's ALWAYS in twists and under a wig. When my hair gets an acceptable length, I'll wear it out. But y'all know that'll be a while, because we're almost never happy with the length of our hair, right? :lachen:

My regimen is pretty basic and extremely low mani:
Wash and steam once a month
Finger comb conditioned hair in the shower
Heavily moisturize and twist hair up
Throw on silk skull cap and leave it alone till next wash day
Throw on wig (La Jay :love: ) when I leave the house.

My hair thrives when I leave it alone, so that's exactly what I do. :yep:

Thanks for looking :wave:

Last edited:

abioni

Congrats!
We started about the same time but I'm barely APL due BKT and scissors happy hairstylists.

What's your regimen and how do you usually wear your hair?

Subscribe

Great job! You retained so much length in just a short period of time. Your hair looks so thick and full.

What vitamins did you take?

Did you use sulfur, JBCO or any growth aids?

Last edited:

CaraWalker

my hair thrives when its left alone too but what to do with it when you stop wearing the fakes? thats the problem :ohwell:

prettykinks

Congrats on the length and thickness! What's an acceptable length for you it looks pretty long to me lol. How do you wear your hair under the wigs? I have some but i can never get my hair right underneath it.

tiffers

Congrats!
We started about the same time but I'm barely APL due BKT and scissors happy hairstylists.

What's your regimen and how do you usually wear your hair?

abioni Thank you! Girl, you better put your foot down with those stylists! They'd scalp you if you let them get away with it. :lachen: My regimen is under the pictures in the first post. :grin:

Great job! You retained so much length in just a short period of time. Your hair looks so thick and full.

What vitamins did you take?

Did you use sulfur, JBCO or any growth aids?

Subscribe Thank you! I take D3 and NAC for health, I don't think they have any hair benefits. I bought NJoy's oil, but was too lazy to use it. :nono: :lol:

my hair thrives when its left alone too but what to do with it when you stop wearing the fakes? thats the problem :ohwell:

bunnycolvin, I plan on doing lots of twist outs and giant puffs. :yep:

Congrats, your hair is beautiful.

What's an acceptable length to you?

brebre928 See, that's the thing, WL was my ultimate natural goal, but now that I'm here, it's just not enough. On someone else, I'd be like "Oooh, her hair is so long!" but on me, I'm just like "Meh." :ohwell:

I think it's the shrinkage. It's a mindf*ck. :lol:

Hey Tiffers! I remember when you had relaxed hair. I can't believe its been 3 years already!

BostonMaria I know! Time flies so fast, it's crazy!

Wow looks like you retained every inch since your BC and your shrinkage is no joke. Congrats to you. tiffers

PureSilver Thank you! Yes, me and shrinkage aren't on speaking terms right now. :lol:

tiffers

Beautiful hair!

NaturallyATLPCH Thank you, sweetie! :kiss:

Congrats on the length and thickness! What's an acceptable length for you it looks pretty long to me lol. How do you wear your hair under the wigs? I have some but i can never get my hair right underneath it.

prettykinks Thank you! I wear my hair in celie twists under the wig. It's big and fluffy, so you don't notice all of the lumps from the twists.

As far as length, honestly, IDK if I'll ever be satisfied. Maybe TBL? I always thought that would be too long for me, but now that's my next goal since WL doesn't seem that long to me. When my hair can fall to my shoulders in it's dry, shrunken state, I think I'll be satisfied.

lux10023

great progress op:yep:

silk skull cap can you let me know where you purchased?

im coming up on my 3 yrs in March and babyyyyyyyyy i can't waittt because my hair has flourishedddd so well...

happy for you!!! :yep:

tiffers

great progress op:yep:

silk skull cap can you let me know where you purchased?

im coming up on my 3 yrs in March and babyyyyyyyyy i can't waittt because my hair has flourishedddd so well...

happy for you!!! :yep:

lux10023Thank you very much, and congrats to you too!

I got the silk skull cap from here :grin:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
tiffers

Amazing Progress.

You need to come on back over here in the Hair World (instead of the Nail World) and talk some Hurr products. *missed you*:sad:

tiffers

Subscribe I'm actually a little past WL, so I'd say full. :yep:

I love NAC. It keeps me and my family from getting sick, and it also helps keep my lungs in check. (I have asthma.)

I'll probably straighten in the next few months. My MIL is mean with the hot comb, so I might have her do it. :grin:

Last edited:

lux10023

thank you @ tiffers

like you my natural journey has primarily taken place underneath a LF wig...so i was able to retain my length to the max

and thank you for the silk cap rec

every time i go to a retail store i see nylon..nylon has not been good to my hair..so silk it is...:yep:

lux10023Thank you very much, and congrats to you too!

I got the silk skull cap from here :grin:

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Congrats! tiffers Excellent progress. What would you say your growth rate is per year? Are you a slow, average, or fast grower?

ronie

Congratulations tiffers. You ve made great progress. Are you still inverting? And what are some of your staple products?