July 2014 Hits & Misses

Healthb4Length

Hit--karishma henna! My hair felt strong, soft and moisturized after this treatment. It was easy to rinse out too, no grit in my hair. Only thing is it made my gray hair copper

spellinto

Hit: blow drying w/cool shot instead of air drying

Miss: layering conditioners...too much build up on my roots

krikit96

Biggest Hit so far:
OYIN HAIR DEW!!!! :lick::lick::lick:
This stuff is the BIZOMB!!!

It smells so good, and then it's sooo moisturizing. My natural hair doesn't stay as moisturized as it did when I was relaxed, and THIS STUFF HERE?!?!? YAAAAZ!

Next once I moisturize my hair section with Hair dew, the next hit I use is
OYIN BURNT SUGAR POMADE :yep::yep::yep:

That stuff even SAYS it's a humectant on it -- and I mean to tell you ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ELSE has been able to ever give me 2nd day hair EVER!!! I am currently rocking a twist out that is 5 days old!!! And it STILL LOOKS GOOD!But it's wash day so I will take it down... BUT NOTHING EVER HELD MY HAIR LIKE THIS BEFORE!!!! Its usually a frizzy *** mess by the 2nd day.

I will say, I used just a small tad of Ecostyler Argon Oil per section, but it was minimal, and even with that, Ecostyler has never held my styles like this when I used it with SM Smoothie or anything else... SM Smoothie was a miss for me, because of the glycerin..

Anyways, I can't wait to try more products from Oyin! Thank God they got picked up by Target, because I hate ordering stuff online, I want my product when I pay for it, and if I don't like it I can always go back to Target... Thank GOD!!!! Yay OYIN!!! I can't sing enough praises!!!

Now - MISS: Karen's Body Beautiful Butter Love - SUCKED! It was dry and made my hair dry. I didn't like it at all.
Another MISS: Karen's Body Beautiful Super Duper Hydrating cream... YUCK! Nothing special about this line - and this is the exact reason I don't like to order stuff and I just wait till I can purchase it IN STORE. I would end up losing money because I would never mail it back... I don't have to worry about rude vendors - Target takes it right back! This line was horrible. With high prices like that, you should never have a complaint about a product...

Anyways, Y'all DON'T SLEEP ON OYIN HAIR DEW & BURNT SUGAR POMADE!!!

Last edited:

Angelbean

Surprise hit/clutch shot- a wash n go using only kinky kurly knot today topped with napa valley grapeseed oil (holy grail oil) this combo gave me super defined soft hair!

oneastrocurlie

Miss:
LCO - Too much for my strands to try and soak up.

Continued hits:
Oyin Hair Dew and Burnt Sugar Pomade

On the fence:
Eden bodyworks curl defining cream - Idk if using as LCO is what made it subpar or its just not on the level of the other creams I have.

nerdography

Misses:
Hydroquench Coconut Strawberry Lime Oil Conditioning Cleanser

Hits:
Taliah Waajid The Great Detangler
Taliah Waajid Protective Mist Bodifier

Beamodel

Continued Hits

APB Everything...
- Ayurvedic Creams
- Ayurvedic Oil
- Leave In Sprays
- Leave In Puddings
- Hair Creams
- Deep Conditioners
- Body Lotion

Love the scents:
Marshmallow Clouds
Birthday Cake
Blueberry Cheesecake
Cookie Dough
Caramel Crunch
Watermelon

myronnie

Miss: Eco styler olive oil
Just no..horrible matted hair. Dry as a desert and I only used a smidge. Some tears were shed last night..I had to cut out a good amount from the top. I'm just done.

Beamodel

Immediate HIT

Lee Stafford Growth Treatment
Pic on the left, shedding from last wash
Pic in the right, shedding after one treatment

image-2518368184.jpg

winona

[USER=338599]overtherainbow[/USER];20366767 said:
Hits: Improved homemade flaxseed gel- best twist out ever! Giovanni Clarifying Shampoo Homemade hair sunscreen Not using a leave in SM Retention Shampoo (New Formula)- great slip! Misses: Giovanni Smooth As Silk Shampoo- literally felt like I was shampooing my hair with snot. Giovanni Direct Leave In- feels nice at first, but hair is drier than ever a few hours later.

I need to reup on flax seed gel this weekend.what s your recipe if you don't mind

overtherainbow

winona
My recipe is less than stellar, it was my technique that changed. I use Naptural85's recipe as my base (I think 1/4 golden flax, 2 cups of water). I add a generous tablespoon of liquid coconut oil and about a teaspoon of argan oil along with some fragrance. But I think the most important part was using older flax seeds, incorporating a longer boiling time and using a reusable jelly strainer bag. Whenever I use older flaxseeds (maybe 4 weeks in the fridge) the gel is much thicker, which makes a better hold. I don't know why old flax seeds produce a thicker gel, (I'm guessing it has something to do with water content?) but from now on, I'm buying my seeds well in advance. The jelly strainer is crucial because mesh strainers and pantyhose couldn't filter out the gel (It was too thick!).

iamyattababe

Hit:

APB's Leave in, white choc mousse mask, Ayurvedic cream.. Wash day was Friday and hair is still moisturized

Continued hits:

Soultanicals power to the pre poo
Bobeam shampoo & conditioning bars
Suave almond & Shea butter conditioner
SSI Avocado Conditioner
DIY protein treatment (Mayo,eggs,banana,honey, and olive oil)
Carol's daughter Mimosa hair honey
Olive oil Eco styler gel
Curls passion fruit control paste

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Last edited:

g.lo

winona My recipe is less than stellar, it was my technique that changed. I use Naptural85's recipe as my base (I think 1/4 golden flax, 2 cups of water). I add a generous tablespoon of liquid coconut oil and about a teaspoon of argan oil along with some fragrance. But I think the most important part was using older flax seeds, incorporating a longer boiling time and using a reusable jelly strainer bag. Whenever I use older flaxseeds (maybe 4 weeks in the fridge) the gel is much thicker, which makes a better hold. I don't know why old flax seeds produce a thicker gel, (I'm guessing it has something to do with water content?) but from now on, I'm buying my seeds well in advance. The jelly strainer is crucial because mesh strainers and pantyhose couldn't filter out the gel (It was too thick!).

Do you mind sharing where you bought the Jelly strainer please.thanks

outspokenwallflower

HITS:

LUSH Zeste Hair Gel
Bumble & Bumble Invisible Oil Shampoo & Invisible Oil Primer
Phyto Phytokeratine Repairing Serum

MISS:

Alterna Moisture Milk Conditioning Spray

Kurlee

^^^^^avocado oil has been life changing for me as well. It's amazing. That, rosehip, and coconut oil.

SimJam

HITS
revisiting braid outs ... LOVE
Aphogee 2 step protein treatment
finding out I have lo porosity hair and tweaking my reggie

MISSES
Suave mango mandarin conditioner ... made my hair a dry crunchy hard mess

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
June & July Hits...yeah I'm late!
Flexi rod sets
Giovanni 2 chic conditioners
Aloe vera juice
Nairobi wrapp foam
Perfecting my moisture spritz

Continued hits:
Elucence shampoo's
Argan oil
Coconut oil
It's a 10 leave in
Giovanni Direct leave in
Moroccan oil serum

Miss:
Finger detangling before roller setting. Ummmmm no ma'am. Can you say mega knot?! Finger detangling is cool for my pre poo process when I remove shed hair but I NEEDSSSSS my small tooth comb before applying my rollers. I mean...it's only right. lol

Petite One

Hit: Organix Biotin and Collagen conditioner. I saw thickness in days. I was impressed.

Miss: Some random argan oil gel from the BSS by Salon Pro Exclusives. Terrible. It literally began to sud in my hair. I saw bubbles. I was through with it then. And the hold was terrible.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
New Hits:

Lakshmi's Cupboard Amla & honey Detangling Conditioner, for twists, soft supple, banging twistout!

Continued Hits

Qhemet Biologics Cocoa Detangling Ghee and Burdock Root Buttercream
Natural Hair Hygroscopy Ocean Hydronium Jelly
Hempseed oil

Miss

Not cleaning my scalp good, still has buildup, will shampoo tomorrow

kupenda

Hairveda pH rinse- HIT!
Hair feels smoother and softer. I didnt use much because I was lightweight terrified of burning my eyes, but it was nice. Smell didn't linger. I used it after rinsing out Acai Berry Phyto. Ill use it again this weekend for my rod set

Darcys Unscented Leave In- HIT! And a surprise one at that. I never expect leave ins to work. I ordered this on a whim and im sooo glad I did. Ive used it twice now with good results. Hoping things stay that way

Continued HIT! Darcys Pumpkin Seed. And let the church say amen! Cant nobody do me like Ol Faithful.

Namilani

Hits:
*Garnier Sleek & Shine Anti-Humidity Smoothing Milk and Garnier Marvelous Oil Deep Nourish 5-Action Hair Elixir. It's been rainy and humid, but this keeps my frizz under control. I'm really loving Garnier right now!
*Lightly spritzing my hair with water mixed with coconut oil before moisturizing and sealing at night. My hair feels so much softer and moisturized in the morning.

Miss:
Homemade flaxseed gel w/ coconut oil. I'm sure I didn't make it right, but it flaked and left my hair hard.

Undecided:
Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioning Repair Cream