July 2014 Hits & Misses

curlyhersheygirl

List what's working and what's not for this month.

Hit APB LI pudding. Very moisturizing.

Miss: HQS double duty. This left my hair very dry.

Sent from my XT1080 using LHCF

ChocolateTink

Hit: Claudie's end insurance and the coffee moisturizer (can't think of the name) but I've been sick and this has kept my hair soft for 5 days....

Miss: getting sick and missing my weekly cowash

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

NaturallyATLPCH

Never Failed Monthly Hits:

APB Leave Ins
APB Ayurvedic Oils
SSI Tahitian Vanilla Leave In

Miss:
Smooth Naturals Price Increase on my Body Whip :cry:

I hope that APB's new Body Souffle is good replacement.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Hit: Purabody Natural MMMM on 3 day old flexi rod hair before Bantu knots. Added much needed moisture.

Miss: APB pear apple hair cream. This is a spring time goodie. I used it before the PBN and it made me sad. This stuff needs an oil sealer to work for me. PBN doesn't.

caliscurls

Hit: Elchim Healthy Ionic Blow Dryer

At first I was concerned I was buying into hype but this blow dryer delivers. It has 3 heat settings, 3 speed settings, and a cool blast button. I used medium heat and high speed today. The heat felt more like a medium low but my hair dried quite nicely. The flow of air is consistent and not once did I see or smell smoke. When I was done my hair was incredibly soft. Softer than the last time I blow dried with my old blow dryer. Hard to explain but usually when I tension blow dry my hair feels like I need to moisturize and seal to bring the moisture back even though I'm extremely careful. Not today. It was pricey but well worth the investment. Products I used (that I always use) with it: it's a 10 leave in and Redkin Satinwear blow dry lotion.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Hit: Purabody Natural MMMM on 3 day old flexi rod hair before Bantu knots. Added much needed moisture.

Miss: APB pear apple hair cream. This is a spring time goodie. I used it before the PBN and it made me sad. This stuff needs an oil sealer to work for me. PBN doesn't.

I have a sample of PBN MMMM that I need to revisit. I didn't like the scent, but I wanna compare it to Oyin and APB.

Mische

I have a sample of PBN MMMM that I need to revisit. I didn't like the scent, but I wanna compare it to Oyin and APB.

Froreal3 This is funny to me, because PBN MuruMuru in Tahitian Vanilla is one of my favorite scents ever. :lol: Hope you like it! I wanna try Oyin Hair Dew.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly

My hair is funny seasonally. The APB was not enough, probably because even though it's rainy the air is still dry. The MMMM was good as it was also great during the winter as well when the air was super dry. I've never tried oyin though but the MMMM has been my best moisturizer to day. The APB worked well in the spring and when I used it with ceramide oils.

krissyhair

Hits:

Miss Jessie's Leave-In Condish -- very moisturizing with slight hold for extra curl definition

Blue Magic Coconut Oil Conditioner -- extra super sealing power, gives blingy shine and holds in moisture for days

Curls Coconut Sublime Conditioner -- surprisingly, it worked this month. I've had problems with it in the past, but it does just what it's supposed to do and works well as a leave-in

Parting the hair while it's still sopping wet with product -- allows me to have less manipulation for ultimate curl definition. It also makes for a much neater, more polished part as opposed to letting it dry with a natural part.

RUBY

Miss
SSI Avocado moisturise ring conditioner. I've used it twice and both times it didn't leave my hair moisturised.

SweetlyCurly

Hit: bypassing all these sales and not getting a thing. I promised myself a couple of months back to not buy anything until Black Friday so it'll give me time to reduce my stash. Hopefully it'll be reduced significantly by then because I have a good idea now which ones are my staples so I'd just like to stock up on those. No more experimenting.

ronie

Hit: MHC buttery soy hair Creme on my flat ironed hair. Soft, shiny, flowy hair with no reversion. Love the nice light sweet scent too.

nymane

Mega Hit

Placenta de Ovejo leave-in conditioner - this is a lacio lacio dupe and I loveeee lacio lacio (also made by the same company).

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Hit: MHC buttery soy hair Creme on my flat ironed hair. Soft, shiny, flowy hair with no reversion. Love the nice light sweet scent too.

ronie Mmm hmmm that Buttery Soy is what's up. I love it for twists. I used it on my flat iron too.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
shawnyblazes

I am curious about protective styling being a hit and miss for you this month. Can you share what happened?

Oh its always a hit and miss for me, lolol. I hate to PS, with a passion.

My hair really doesn't like to be touched a lot but I didn't go natural to have to hide it all the time just to have some. So last year , I said to myself, one year of PS like you mean it and then after that you can do whatever you want lol

so its a hit because Im retaining but its a miss because I miss my hair,lol Rozlewis

Beamodel

Miss SSI Avocado moisturise ring conditioner. I've used it twice and both times it didn't leave my hair moisturised.

RUBY

This didn't work for my hair either but it's because of the aloe in it. Aloe makes my hair hard like I've had a protein treatment. Does your hair like aloe?

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Miss:
Air Drying
CoWashing
Stretching

Hit:
Indirect Heat Styling
Keeping it simple when needed

charmtreese

Big hit: kenra smoothing treatment - did the treatment on a clients hair and the entire process was awesome! If I ever decide to use a smoothing treatment, it will be kenra!

RUBY

RUBY

This didn't work for my hair either but it's because of the aloe in it. Aloe makes my hair hard like I've had a protein treatment. Does your hair like aloe?

As far as I know, my hair is ok with Aloe. I have lots of products with Aloe Vera as an ingredient and I can't really say I've had any problems with the aloe in them.

Its really weird because, the first time I tried that conditioner it was after the Okra reconstructor and my hair felt good after the reconstructor but I only decided to put the avocado conditioner on after because the instruction on the reconstructor said to use a moisturising conditioner afterwards. I was disappointed when I rinsed it off because my hair had felt better before I had put it on.

The second time I used it on its own, not for very long but still my hair didn't feel moisturised. I have a 16oz bottle so I will finish it up but I won't repurchase.

hot_pepper96

Miss
SSI Avocado moisturise ring conditioner. I've used it twice and both times it didn't leave my hair moisturised.

This didn't work for me either. It made my hair so tangled and matted that I had to shampoo it out. I tried it like 6 years ago and never tried it again.

sgold04

Hit: protein treatment with egg and EVOO. I thought moisture would be my biggest problem, but after reading the hi-po thread, I realized incorporating more protein would help me retain moisture. So far, so good.

Miss: wet bunning a 4 day old wng. When I finally went to detangle, my hair was a matted mess. I should at least finger detangle before wet bunning on old hair

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Continued Hits:
Pure Pumpkin Seed Oil
Lee Stafford Growth Rx
Mega-Tek mixed with something
She Scent It Avocado Conditioner (for Cowashing)
Annabelle's Perfect Blends

Revisited Hit:
Hairveda's Amala Cleanse Cleansing Conditioner

Discontinued Hit:
Jasmine's Bath & Beauty Deep Conditioners