USE UP YOUR STASH CHALLENGE 2014: Session 2

randi415

All these mother's day sale are tempting! I'm going to pass tho, but when that new kinky curly DC hit the shelves I'm on it.

ImanAdero

I think I'm gonna let my friend go shopping in my hair stash when she comes home.

I still feel like I haven't gotten rid of anything.

krissyhair

Just went HAM on a sale today at Ulta. The good news is that all of the stuff is going into my law school stash -- I'm not using any of it until September, so the stuff I bought today doesn't even count.

It was 33.8 oz of Matrix Biolage conditioner, Carols Daughter Hair Milk Starter Set (that had 4 products, a cowash, regular leave-in, light leave-in, and a styling butter, all sample sizes), Carols Daughter Tui Hair Sheen Spray 4oz, a free gift with purchase Carols Daughter conditioner, free gift with purchase Love Your Hair sampler bag with 2 hair sprays and a shampoo conditioner sample pack, and a really awesomely nice hair product caddy to store all my new stuff in. The grand total for all this stuff was $51.07 with tax.

I plan on giving the two sprays to my future roommate. She benefits from the law school stash too. I never use hair spray, but I noticed from meeting her that she likes to style her hair with curling irons, so the holding sprays might work well for her naturally straight blonde hair.

krissyhair

Psh just realized that I accidentally picked up the Biolage shampoo instead of the conditioner. Typical. I'll have to exchange it tomorrow. Hopefully they will give me the sale value because it was at least 60% off.

nmartin20

1. What are your motivations for joining this challenge? I want to decrease my stash. I have way too much stuff. This will allow me to save more money. 2. List the products you hope to use up in your stash. Use your own categories. - Shampoos: Shea Moisture Black Soap Head & Shoulders Naturelle Grow Mango & Berries Cleansing Cream Naturelle Grow Coconut Water Cleansing Conditioner x2 Hairveda Amala Cream Rinse x2 - Conditioners: Protein: Shescenit Okra Hair Repair x2 ORS Hair Mayo Hairveda Acai Berry Phyto BASK Vanilla Whiskey Shescenit Avocado Conditioner Shea Moisture Purification Masque x4 - Deep Conditioners: Naturelle Grow Herbals Blends x4 Naturelle Grow Mango & Coconut Water Naturelle Grow Chamomile & Burdock Root Naturelle Grow Marshmallow Root x1.5 Pura Body Naturals Chocolate Hair Smoothie x4 Hairveda Sitrinilla x3 Belnuvo Creamy Castor Custard Shescenit Banana Brûlée x1.5 Shescenit Riche Moisture Masque x2 BASK YAM Nectar BASK CACAO Bark Bee Mine Bee U Ti ful - Leave Ins/Moisturizers: Pura Body Naturals MuruMuru Moisture x2 Pura Body Naturals Sapote Hair Lotion x2 Naturelle Grow Healthy Hair Belnuvo Avocado & Shea Hair Milk Naturelle Grow Soft & Silky LI Beija Flor Naturals Creme Burlee Oyin Honey Hemp Soultanicals Knot Sauce x2 Darcy Botanicals Pumpkin Seed x3 Oyin Hair Dew x2 Curl Junkie Curl Rehab - Oils & Essential Oils & Butters: Shescenit Juicy Bittercream Frosting Shescenit Coconut Sorbet Oyin Brown Sugar Pomade Olive oil Castor oil Jojoba oil Avocado oil Apricot oil Grape seed oil Anita Grant Monoi de Tahiti Tiare x2 Anita Grant Organic Sapote Castor Hair oil Anita Grant Creamy Cafe Latte Anita Grant Whipped Butter Monoi de Tahiti Anita Grant Organic Sapote & Coconut Pomade Hairveda Almond glaze x 2 Hairveda Herbal Green tea - Styling products: Oyin Whipped Pudding Belnouvo Coco Castor Pudding Cream & Coco Gooseberry Aloe Pudding Shescenit Papaya Curly Soufflé Bee Mine Luscious Balanced Cream Curl Junkie Coffee Coco Curl Creme Obia Curling Custard Obia Curl Moisture Cream Obia Twist Whipped Butter - Other: Kinky Curly Curling Custard Escostyler Gel w Olive oil Hairveda Pur 3. What are your goal(s) for the session My goal is to try to use all the items that are listed above. I have several more items, but I am not listing now. Once I use up and item I will replace it with something from my stash.

Today, I gave several items way

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Used up was was left of my Silk Dreams Shea What!

I saw an empty bottle of APB cocoa and avocado conditioner in the shower.

I have one more jar of conditioner to use up before I put two more in. Yes, I said two!

lamaria211

Ladies I am sorry but I am gracefully bowing out of this challenge. I realize now that it just ain't gonna happen for me. I need therapy: (

This is literally 1/2 of my stash. Smh
ForumRunner_20140512_102020.jpg

NaturallyATLPCH

Ladies I am sorry but I am gracefully bowing out of this challenge. I realize now that it just ain't gonna happen for me. I need therapy: (

This is literally 1/2 of my stash. Smh
View attachment 260035

lamaria211, :lick: at this stash!

Well, as I said earlier, I got rid of a lot of stuff, but bought some things, mainly APB since this began.

My stash isn't huge, but, it isn't dwindling either. :lol:

I have used up an APB Leave In in Cotton Candy. I have 4 more of these leave ins to get through.

My stash is stagnant because I stay in protective styles almost 100% of the time! especially with my hair in marleys.

oneastrocurlie

During packing I got rid of tmn aunt cookies cream, a few random shampoo bars, any Obia samples I had, eco custard, random Curlmart samples, a mostly empty bottle of Oyin juice and berries, old sample of honey hemp, half jar of as I am cowash, Shea moisture color kit (but kept the small bottle of shampoo and conditioner in the box), other misc samples... I think that was it.

Making room to restock on staples during Memorial day weekend sales.

krissyhair

I need to post an updated product list cause it feels like my stash quadrupled over-night, which I'm sure it did. Anyway, here it is. And mind my logic, there's a difference between travel, sample and trial size. The travel size I put into airplane friendly reusable containers, sample size came out of a sample multi-pack and trial size were just free samples. Everything else is normal.

Shampoo:
Suave Naturals tropical coconut shampoo
Organix Brazilian Keratin therapy shampoo
John Frieda root awakening purify & nourish shampoo
Allafia Beautiful Curls shea butter shampoo (travel size)
Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Shampoo x2 (sample size)
Redken color etend magnetics sulfate-free shampoo (trial size)

Conditioner:
Matrix Biolage ultra hydrasource aloe conditioner
Suave Naturals tropical coconut conditioner
VO5 herbal escapes kiwi lime clarifying conditioner
Carol's Daughter monoi repairing conditioner
Curls coconut sublime conditioner
Carol's Daughter hair milk conditioning co-wash
Tresseme Naturals (old formula) conditioner (travel size)
Redken color extend magnetics conditioner (trial size)

Leave-in:
Miss Jessie's leave-in condish
Carol's Daughter hair milk original leave-in (sample size)
Carol's Daughter hair milk lite leave-in (sample size)
Carol's Daughter hair milk pudding (sample size)
Blue Magic Coconut Oil hair conditioner
John Frieda root awakening lift & refresh root spray

Oils, essential oils & butters
Carol's Daughter tui moisturizing hair sheen
EVCO (travel size)
Miss Jessie's baby buttercreme x2
Lavender essential oil
Peppermint essential oil
Sandalwood essential oil

Stylers:
ORS olive oil heat protection serum
Let's Jam shining & conditioning gel extra hold
Style Sexy Hair spray clay (trial size)
Pureology colour stylist supreme control hair spray (trial size)

Last edited:

krissyhair

Believe it or not, my whole stash with the exception of one shampoo, one conditioner, one oil and the 4 travel size staples I keep in my overnight bag all fit in this one small carrying caddy. It's heavy as a b**** though. I also have 2 containers of body wash, a hand cream and fragrance spray in the caddy.

Attachments

• WIN_20140514_180143.JPG
    WIN_20140514_180143.JPG
    148.8 KB · Views: 31

krissyhair

This is all I am allowed to use on my hair until they are all gone. That's one shampoo, one conditioner and a tiny airplane-safe size container of EVCO. The rest is going into my basement.

Attachments

• WIN_20140514_181207.JPG
    WIN_20140514_181207.JPG
    182.1 KB · Views: 24

greenandchic

Used up:

Shea Moisture Purification Masque - I will repurchase.
Koils by Nature Hair & Body Butter Marvelous Mango - Liked it but not a staple.

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
This is all I am allowed to use on my hair until they are all gone. That's one shampoo, one conditioner and a tiny airplane-safe size container of EVCO. The rest is going into my basement.

This is the best way to use up a stash. I put myself on a 7 month no buy and I only replaced a product when I was completely out. This also helped me discern if a product really worked for my hair because I usually had 2-3 weeks in between changing a product.

krissyhair

This is the best way to use up a stash. I put myself on a 7 month no buy and I only replaced a product when I was completely out. This also helped me discern if a product really worked for my hair because I usually had 2-3 weeks in between changing a product.

You are right. But I am this way with using up anything, food, office supplies, skin care.

Actually, I'm usually a frugal person, but the forum influenced me to pick up all this stuff lately.

jbwphoto1

During packing I got rid of tmn aunt cookies cream, a few random shampoo bars, any Obia samples I had, eco custard, random Curlmart samples, a mostly empty bottle of Oyin juice and berries, old sample of honey hemp, half jar of as I am cowash, Shea moisture color kit (but kept the small bottle of shampoo and conditioner in the box), other misc samples... I think that was it.

Making room to restock on staples during Memorial day weekend sales.

They have Memorial Day sales for hair products??!!:spinning:

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
I think I finally found my DC staples, but I don't want want to get rid of my others in my stash because I haven't tried them yet. Ugh. I'm so torn

faithVA

[USER=6714 said:
uofmpanther[/USER];20079655]I think I finally found my DC staples, but I don't want want to get rid of my others in my stash because I haven't tried them yet. Ugh. I'm so torn

Don't get rid of them. Why not put yourself on a schedule and every 3rd or 4th DC try one of the new ones.

faithVA

I want the Camille Rose Curlaide Butter but I need to get my stash down :sad:

I will probably end up using up things in a group by the end of June. I can hold out :yep:

Maybe I need to target these samples during May and June to get my count down and then hit the MJ Pillow Soft Curls. I need a strategy. :yep:

randi415

Finished Beija Flor Creme Brulee. I really liked this stuff when I first tried it but now not so much. Maybe it was old, I'd had it about a year. The last couple times I used it on my hair the moisture just didn't last. When I first used it I remember my hair staying moisturized for days, I would use it for protective styles because it sealed in moisture so well my hair took forever to dry so I couldn't use it as a styler for twist outs this happens when I use QB burdock root as well. Now when I use it my hair dries overnight, I have definition, it feels good the first day but dry the next. I don't think it's my hair because I'm not having issues with anything else. That said, not a repurchase.

greenandchic

I need more hair oil but I can always mix some up myself. I have olive oil, coconut oil, castor oil, essential and fragrance oils. If I get an apricot kernel, grape seed or jojoba oil that should complete my mix.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF