Best type of hair for braids?

MissFallon

I'm finally getting my hair braided after getting the runaround since August. The lady is supposed to do it today but I dont know what type of hair to get. This is my first time in braids. What is the best type of hair to get for braid extensions? I have human hair that I use for my clip in extensions, is this ok or should I get that "braiding" hair? TIA

Ms Lala

MissFallon said:
I'm finally getting my hair braided after getting the runaround since August. The lady is supposed to do it today but I dont know what type of hair to get. This is my first time in braids. What is the best type of hair to get for braid extensions? I have human hair that I use for my clip in extensions, is this ok or should I get that "braiding" hair? TIA

It depends on the texture and length you want. I usually need 2-2.5 packs of hair for my braids, 18inches in length. I like wet n wavy human hair, I don't remember the brand though.

MissFallon

I am getting cornrows going up into a bun. How many packs do u think I need? I want maybe 14" or 12" not anything really long because its going to be a bun.

HoneyDew

The braider should be able to tell you how many packs she will need, but for that style, I say kanekalon or toyokalon would be better. I think the the silky kind would not be as good as the regular braiding kind for this style.They can silken it and seal it with hot water before they bun it.

MsBttrfly23

I always get 100% human hair and whatever you get, get the braiding hair. I love the deep wave instead of the wet and wavy. It lasts longer/looks better to me. I always use 2 bags which seems to be just enough for me and how full I want it.