As your hair gets very long, do you worry less about hair loss?

Spongebob

As your hair gets very long, do you worry less about hair loss?

With hair loss I mean the unavoidable (i.e. shedding/breakage from detangling)

I lose a lot of hair each wash day, and I'm used to this amount of loss, it's always the same amount, and its mostly shed hair but also some of it is breakage due to detangling. I used get very stressed up about this hair loss at shorter lengths (APL and shorter), but now that I'm WL I'm thinking not much longer i need to go anyway :lol:, hip length at most. So as long as I maintain thickness it should be ok? Is this perverse logic? Should I continue to stress about the massive amount of hair that I lose each week? :perplexed

BostonMaria

I wouldn't worry about it unless you feel its a significant amount of hair that you're losing. My shed hairs at NL and shed hairs at hip length are very different since the hair is longer. I know my hair and I know what's normal.

Do you have a picture of the shed hair?

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Still kinda freaks me out, honestly. :lol: I have to constantly remind myself that since I only mess with my hair once a month, I'm gonna lose more hairs when I do detangle.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I am OCD in all aspects so yes, it bothers me although I know it's not avoidable to a realistic degree.

pearcey

it still does "something" to me when i see it, but i try to rationalize that the strands are longer now so what seems like a lot of hair, is really just a winding long hair.

but if i don't see at least a few strands shed i worry too.

go figure... :)