Wash N Go Thread

Joigirl

7-day WNG using KCKT, Marie Dean Argan Oil Creme and KCCC. I plan to wash it tonight or tomorrow morning.

Attachments

• image-913688792.jpg
    image-913688792.jpg
    371.7 KB · Views: 135
  • image-3388704167.jpg
    image-3388704167.jpg
    390.5 KB · Views: 124

Mz.MoMo5235

My hair is driving me up the wall.I promise I'm so close to say *** it, shave it again anf start rocking lf with some Brazilian hair!

LdyKamz

After doing wng's with conditioner only I've finally realized that having my hair thoroughly moisturized is the key for me. Even when I rinse the conditioner out I can shake and go. I never ever thought I'd be able to shake and go.

I also think my crunch problem is solved since I only need a teeny tiny bit of gel for hold. I think I'm only going to use it now just to keep the front of my hair from drooping. The front is getting long and it starts acting weird. But for that, I might scrap the gel altogether.

Joigirl

I officially hate you. 7 day wng AND you have gorgeous hair?! Nah... I'm hating!

You are funny! Don't give up yet. You mentioned that you have been taking prenatal vitamins. Have you discusses this with your doctors? Too many minerals can also cause problems. Don't take any drastic measures yet. Have you recently clarified your hair?

Mz.MoMo5235

You are funny! Don't give up yet. You mentioned that you have been taking prenatal vitamins. Have you discusses this with your doctors? Too many minerals can also cause problems. Don't take any drastic measures yet. Have you recently clarified your hair?

Yeah, the prenates I'm on arent hard core rx stuff. Just the otc ones and my doc knows I've been on and off them (different brands and stuff) for years. As long as I take my iron he's ok with my prenates.

I've also clarified. When I clarified thats when I noticed how bad the thinning had gotten :(

Joigirl

Yeah, the prenates I'm on arent hard core rx stuff. Just the otc ones and my doc knows I've been on and off them (different brands and stuff) for years. As long as I take my iron he's ok with my prenates. I've also clarified. When I clarified thats when I noticed how bad the thinning had gotten :(

This issue sounds physiological. Hopefully you get some answers from your doctor. I am also over 40 so I understand what you mean. My hair definitely sheds more than in the past, and my mom, now in her late 50's always had thick hair, but has recently experienced thinning in the crown. Part of the thinning is just age related, but some is also due to being diabetic and chemical processing in the past. I am trying to delay that process as long as possible. Please keep us abreast of your results.

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥

My hair is still wet. I used gel because my hair wasn't acting right today. So far it feels OK. I'm using the blue fantasia IC gel and I'm hoping it doesn't end up crunchy.

Also where is whiteoleander91? I havent seen her posts lately.

Napp hey! thanks for thinking of me. I was taking a break, and considered not renewing, but I really missed you all lol. I guess I'm addicted :3

your hair looks sooo pretty! nice wash and go

LdyKamz

I just decided to do an oil rinse before my cowash on a whim yesterday and my wash n go looks and feels so much better. I can't believe it. I used an oil mix that I made a while ago. I can't even remember what's in it - I think castor, coconut mostly.

OAN: I think it's time to clarify because today my hair felt a little coated and my scalp is itchy. My plan was to slowly ditch the shampoo but I'm not sure I can do it. If I do, I'll have to stop using cones right?

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
A couple years ago I said I would never use a denman again but am really thinking about it now. I really miss the curls I got with it, the volume and longevity. I always got 7 day hair when using it and when I stopped I haven't been able to achieve that again. I had no idea the denman was causing that, I thought it was my products. I don't miss the extreme shrinkage and ssk's I got with it though.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I did a wash n go Saturday b4 my daughter and I left to New York and it lasted all week. I just cowashed and did another wash n go this morning. I was amazed at how long it lasted and I did even pineapple. Sadly I didn't take any pics of it :-(

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
I've been applying my gel in a different way lately. It's hard to explain without writing paragraphs lol, I'll try finding a video. Anyway, I like the way my hair comes out...it has more movement at the roots and is more of a separated curl. I used shea butter, Eco Styler Argan Oil, and Worlds of Curls for extra dry hair.

First pic is right after I finished styling my hair. I put up the top half to keep it from flopping in my face lol. So far, no migraine (fingers crossed).

oneastrocurlie

Anyone mind me asking, for those using gel, what the main purpose for it in a wash and go? Probably sounds like a dumb question but say your hair kinda curls and comes together on its own do you still use a gel for a specific purpose?

Karmi

Anyone mind me asking, for those using gel, what the main purpose for it in a wash and go? Probably sounds like a dumb question but say your hair kinda curls and comes together on its own do you still use a gel for a specific purpose?

I use gel to get more than one day out of my wash n go's. even though I'm still in a twa, I can't be bothered with doing my hair everyday.

In the mornings I refresh with water in a spray bottle and shake, shake, shake my head. I usually get 4 to 5 day hair with gel.

BostonMaria

image-3852056676.jpg
Yesterday's wash and go
Cowash+garnier gel+ KBB butter once my hair dried

Haven't used heat since June 12th! Yeah! My hair has been behaving so much more since I've been allowing it to just BE. Don't get me wrong, in the fall I'm back to my roller sets, but for now my hair just thrives in this humidity and is looking the way I want it to.

BostonMaria

As karmi stated... I also use gel to get more days out of the wash and go. It also helps me with frizz and shrinkage. If you don't want to use gel then I recommend a butter. Right now I'm using kbb butter (target $15.99) and sometimes I'll use that plus a good leave-in to give my hair some moisture when I don't want to use gel.

oneastrocurlie

I use gel to get more than one day out of my wash n go's. even though I'm still in a twa, I can't be bothered with doing my hair everyday.

In the mornings I refresh with water in a spray bottle and shake, shake, shake my head. I usually get 4 to 5 day hair with gel.

As karmi stated... I also use gel to get more days out of the wash and go. It also helps me with frizz and shrinkage. If you don't want to use gel then I recommend a butter. Right now I'm using kbb butter (target $15.99) and sometimes I'll use that plus a good leave-in to give my hair some moisture when I don't want to use gel.

Thanks ladies.

I'm about a week in with my new tapered cut. Before then I never did a wash and go. My morning routine is spray a bit of water, spray a bit of leave in, scrunch in some cream/moisturizer. My curls are so tight that my short hair doesn't shake lol. But I'm interested in incorporating a gel on wash day to see how it works for me.

BostonMaria

Thanks ladies.

I'm about a week in with my new tapered cut. Before then I never did a wash and go. My morning routine is spray a bit of water, spray a bit of leave in, scrunch in some cream/moisturizer. My curls are so tight that my short hair doesn't shake lol. But I'm interested in incorporating a gel on wash day to see how it works for me.

Experiment with different gels until you find one that works with your hair

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Most times I'm too lazy to use a gel but one that works really well is aloe vera gelly. I'm extremely heavy handed and it never ever flakes on me. If you're doing the Curly Girl Method this is CG approved. Also Shea Moisture's Frizz Free Mousse also works. Again no flakes whatsoever. It's not CG approved.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Tried that Wetline gel everyone raves about, my hair was frizzy and undefined by the next day. I knew the glycerin would be a problem.

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥

Your question isn't dumb at all. I use gel for extra definition, increased hang time, frizz control, and moisture (activator gel). My hair, naturally without any product, is defined I guess, but it will get very big and poofy without product. Not the cute, flirty volume that folks love, I'm talking the kind of poofy that looks like something went very wrong lol. Plus I have a mixture of curl sizes, and gel is the only thing that will bring all my curls together in a harmonious way lol

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Pokahontas what made you stop using the denman? I used to love mine but I'm much too careless with it and would rip out so much hair.
Initially it was because of a lot of people saying it caused them split ends and since I get those a lot I wanted to eliminate all possible culprits and see how my hair did. Well when I gave it up I discovered a whole new head of curls. I had been using it so long I thought that was my curl pattern and it wasn't. My curls with the denman are tighter and I get a lot more shrinkage. I also found out that the denman was giving me excessive ssk's and my hair was soooo tangled on wash day. When I gave it up I got so much less ssk's and far less tangles. Only part I've been missing about the brush is the volume I get, the curl definition and most of all the long lasting wng's.....I haven't gotten those since I stopped using it a couple years ago.

I'm gonna give it another try and see how things go.