• Now Chlorella Powder

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • Other Chlorella brand

Votes: 45 15.5%

• Total voters

belle_reveuse28

This is the one i have now. I just wish it listed how much chlorella growth factor it had in it. I picked it up at the vitaminshoppe.

OH man, I got this one too and I forgot to check to see how much CGF was in it as well. I thought Source Naturals had the highest, but I'm not sure. It's in one of the earlier posts.. Let me go look... I'm going to google this and see if I can find out.

ETA: Okay, this is what I found out.. The CGF in EarthRise Chlorella is 18.8 percent...

"How to Use Chlorella
Just 3 grams a day is helpful for increased energy and well-being. 15 tablets or one teaspoon of powder blended with juice or water is all it takes for better health naturally.

Chlorella Nutritional Information
Each 15 tablet (3 gram) serving contains:

Overall Digestibility 82.8%
Protein 66.7%
Chlorella Growth Factor (CGF) 18.8%

Amount % DV Amount % DV
Total Calories 10 n/a Protein 1.8g 4%
Total Fat 0.4g <1% Total Carb. 0.4g <1%
Sodium 3mg <1% Potassium 35mg <2%
Vitamin A 1500IU (Tabs) | 2500IU (Powder) 30% | 50% Vitamin C 4mg 6%
(100% Beta Carotene) Vitamin E 0.7IU 2%
Calcium 4mg <2% Magnesium 8.0mg 2%
Iron 2mg 10% Thiamin 0.05mg 4%
Niacin 0.75mg 4% Vitamin B-6 0.05mg 2%
Riboflavin 0.15mg 8% Vitamin B-12 0.12mcg 2%

Fifteen Chlorella tablets (3 grams) provide these antioxidants and phytonutrients:
Chlorophyll 80mg Mixed Carotenoids 8mg

Premium Japanese Quality. Superior technology means superior taste and nutrition.
The cell walls are cracked open in the drying process while maintaining cell integrity and nutrient value. In the body, open cells allow the nutrients to be released and assimilated.
Rich in Chlorophyll for natural cleansing. Complete vegetable source of all amino acids.
Excellent source of iron - especially important for women and children.
Over 18% Chlorella Growth Factor, high in RNA and DNA, the building blocks of life.

Enhances Cleansing Health: Chlorella is nature's richest source of natural chlorophyll. Limited scientific studies show chlorella may help support the body's cleansing processes.

Supports Immune System: A healthy immune system defends, cleans and maintains the body. Scientific studies show chlorella supports immune system health.

Promotes Cellular Health: Natural Beta Carotene is an antioxidant nutrient which may help maintain cellular health. Chlorella has a high content of natural Beta Carotene in an antioxidant complex of carotenoids, synergistically promoting health at multiple sites in the body."

Last edited:

luckiestdestiny

Ok, I'll be picking this up this week-end I hope.

Basically this 'super food' cleans/flushes your body while giving/replacing it with all the vitamins and goodness it needs...I'm on it!!

Exactly. You just put into a sentence what it took me like four different articles to say!:yep:

luckiestdestiny

Also another good brand is sun chlorella its acutally fairly popular. Also as pointed out there is a difference in the quality of chlorella, from yayaema (sp?) vs chorella from china, supposedly it is a lesser quality (china).
yayaema is good? I understand you about the sun chlorella because I was researching that one. But what's the one that we should stay away from?

luckiestdestiny

i got succkked in and bought chlorella and spirulina from holland & baratt i'l post results in a couple weeks.
Looking forward to it. I have a feeling you'll be reporting in a week. I think I will. I'm noticing more energy right now, and the nail growth thing. I'll see if there's anything else to report shortly...

luckiestdestiny

What does it feel like? I've never detoxed before so am i just gonna be pooping a lot? That doesn't sound cute or fun lol
I haven't had a bad reaction. I just had more "regular" bathroom. Not running if you know what I mean or slowing down (trying to be delicate in description). I know if I had either that I should half the pills and start from there and then work my way up when my body gets used to it. However, I was prepared to do that, and didn't have to. It seems I took the right amount. Pooping a lot? HA HA! Not Like running to the bathroom. I did have 2 movements in a day. HOWEVER, I didn't have to run. I noticed I needed to go and held it for half an hour as I was in the car, so it's good to know you won't have to "RUUUUUUUN". It's like normal bathroom, only more frequent. The other days I only had one movement but I just upped mine (chlorella intake) by a couple more pills as I wasn't having any difficulties and I noticed that my nails were growing super fast so I got giddy. Two movements is nothing, so I'm cool with it.

luckiestdestiny

This is the one i have now. I just wish it listed how much chlorella growth factor it had in it. I picked it up at the vitaminshoppe.

Yeah, I know what you mean. That's the reason I got the yaeyama one because it listed the chlorella growth factor as well. You want to have high doses of that in it. I posted some stuff about it back on the first few pages.

luckiestdestiny

Yours says Yaeyama too on it, but mine is from source naturals it's in a black and green package. It's on sale at whole foods for like $10 for 300 tablets.

luckiestdestiny

I have been taking biotin for years to boost my hair and nail growth and strength. But this last month I did a test and confirmed that it is responsible for my acne! Sooo, this thread is right on time for me. Thanks LuckiestDestiny! I bought the Vitamin Shoppe brand of Super Clorella and took my first 1 today. I just relaxed so I will easily be able to see if it increases my growth rate.

Your welcome. Glad I could help. Looking forward to your report.

yayaema is good? I understand you about the sun chlorella because I was researching that one. But what's the one that we should stay away from?

Right, yayaema is good. I thought i read that the china chlorella was inferior to japanese or yayaema chlorella, but i just tried to google and didnt see that. ;/ Eitherway Yes yayaema is the bomb!

I actually do have jarrow brand powder too! im a fiene lol, i haven't opened it but it has 241 mg of cgf for every two grams, compared to my source naturals one, that has 531 mg per 3 grams? Once im done with jarrows looks like i will be going back to source naturals! ;)

Last edited:

luckiestdestiny

OH man, I got this one too and I forgot to check to see how much CGF was in it as well. I thought Source Naturals had the highest, but I'm not sure. It's in one of the earlier posts.. Let me go look... I'm going to google this and see if I can find out.

ETA: Okay, this is what I found out.. The CGF in EarthRise Chlorella is 18.8 percent...

"How to Use Chlorella
Just 3 grams a day is helpful for increased energy and well-being. 15 tablets or one teaspoon of powder blended with juice or water is all it takes for better health naturally.

Chlorella Nutritional Information
Each 15 tablet (3 gram) serving contains:

Overall Digestibility 82.8%
Protein 66.7%
Chlorella Growth Factor (CGF) 18.8%

Amount % DV Amount % DV
Total Calories 10 n/a Protein 1.8g 4%
Total Fat 0.4g <1% Total Carb. 0.4g <1%
Sodium 3mg <1% Potassium 35mg <2%
Vitamin A 1500IU (Tabs) | 2500IU (Powder) 30% | 50% Vitamin C 4mg 6%
(100% Beta Carotene) Vitamin E 0.7IU 2%
Calcium 4mg <2% Magnesium 8.0mg 2%
Iron 2mg 10% Thiamin 0.05mg 4%
Niacin 0.75mg 4% Vitamin B-6 0.05mg 2%
Riboflavin 0.15mg 8% Vitamin B-12 0.12mcg 2%

Fifteen Chlorella tablets (3 grams) provide these antioxidants and phytonutrients:
Chlorophyll 80mg Mixed Carotenoids 8mg

Premium Japanese Quality. Superior technology means superior taste and nutrition.
The cell walls are cracked open in the drying process while maintaining cell integrity and nutrient value. In the body, open cells allow the nutrients to be released and assimilated.
Rich in Chlorophyll for natural cleansing. Complete vegetable source of all amino acids.
Excellent source of iron - especially important for women and children.
Over 18% Chlorella Growth Factor, high in RNA and DNA, the building blocks of life.

Enhances Cleansing Health: Chlorella is nature's richest source of natural chlorophyll. Limited scientific studies show chlorella may help support the body's cleansing processes.

Supports Immune System: A healthy immune system defends, cleans and maintains the body. Scientific studies show chlorella supports immune system health.

Promotes Cellular Health: Natural Beta Carotene is an antioxidant nutrient which may help maintain cellular health. Chlorella has a high content of natural Beta Carotene in an antioxidant complex of carotenoids, synergistically promoting health at multiple sites in the body."

Thanks so much. Every little bit of info helps. Good to see it has CFG in it because Babydollhair purchased it!

I am steadfast source naturals is the best brand i have tried, i posted this because someone might find it beneficial.

fyi-Jarrow has a large container that has the most cgf i have seen in any product. Look

Chlorella Growth Factor (CGF) 950 Milligrams!!! I seen this on vitacost, but have never tried it.

Description
100% Pure Chlorella
Rich in Chlorella Growth Factor, RNA, DNA and Chlorophyll Jarrow Formulas® Yaeyama Chlorella is a subspecies of Chlorella vulgaris, a single-celled, fresh water algae. Yaeyama Chlorella is grown in the environmentally pristine coral reef region of Japan's Ishigaki Island using mountain spring water, tropical sunshine and food grade nutrients.
Yaeyama Chlorella cell walls are broken by high impact jet-spray drying that pulverizes the algae wall for increased absorption of its vital nutrients.

Yaeyama Chlorella offers rich amounts of chlorophyll, Chlorella Growth Factor (CGF is high in RNA/DNA), proteins, beta carotene, B vitamins and various minerals. The phytonutrients in Yaeyama Chlorella support healthy cell growth and development and promote detoxification, especially heavy metal excretion.

Yaeyama means richer, flavorful and more nutritious chlorella!

Supplement Facts
Serving Size: 1 Teaspoon (5 gr)
Servings per Container: 200
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Calories 25
Calories from Fat 5
Total Fat 0.5 gr 1%
Saturated Fat 0 gr 0%
Total Carbohydrate 1 gr 0%
Dietary Fiber 0 gr 0%
Protein 4 gr
Vitamin A (from Beta-Carotene) 2010 International Unit 40%
Vitamin C 5 Milligrams 8%
Thiamin (B1) 80 micrgrams 6%
Riboflavin 0.3 Milligrams 15%
Niacin (B3) 1.3 Milligrams 6%
Vitamin B6 130 micrgrams 6%
Vitamin B12 0.7 micrgrams 12%
Magnesium 17 Milligrams 4%
Manganese 0.3 Milligrams 15%
Iron 4 Milligrams 20%
Potassium 69 Milligrams 2%
Yaeyama Chlorella 5 gr *
Chlorophyll 215 Milligrams *
Chlorella Growth Factor (CGF) 950 Milligrams *
*Daily value not established.

Zay-neey

i just ordered some, i so have to try this , because i think biotin is making me breakout, cuz i never used to breakout before until the last 6 months, wen i started biotin. So i need a good replacement

luckiestdestiny

I have been taking this for detox, not for hair growth...hmmm.

Supplement Facts
Serving Size: 6 Tablets
Servings per Container: 30

Amount Per Serving% Daily Value

Calories10*

Total Fat0.5 gr<2%

Total Carb. <1g<2%

Protein2 gr4%

Vitamin A (100% as beta-carotene)500 IU10%

Vitamin K16 micrograms20%

Iron2.7 Milligrams15%

Sodium5 Milligrams<2%

Chlorophyll45 Milligrams*

B-Carotene0.3 Milligrams*

Chlorella (Chlorella vulgaris)3000 Milligrams*

*Daily value not established.

Other Ingredients: Each tablet contains 500 mg Earthrise Chlorella.
Other Ingredients: Vegetable stearates and silica.

Free Of
Pesticides and herbicides.

Directions
Take 6 tablets (3 grams) per day.

Warnings
If you have a medical condition or are on medication, consult a physician before using this or any other supplement.

Disclaimer
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Exactly. When I first got in in my green drink, it was for health reasons, then I started researching, and now with my speedy nail growth I'm like hmmm.....

luckiestdestiny

Has anyone taken this:

http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2134029&cp=&kw=chlorofresh&origkw=chlorofresh&sr=1

I know this is not the chorella, but I'm still trying to find it without buying it online, I'd like to buy the Yaeyama Chlorella...can I find it at the vitamin shop in toronto?

Is there a whole foods in Toronto? You can get it there, that's where I got mine. If not, find a Organic, allnatural store and you should be able to find it. The online vitamin shop has Jarrow brand Yayama as well as source naturals so there is a chance you can find it there. HTH

luckiestdestiny

i just ordered some, i so have to try this , because i think biotin is making me breakout, cuz i never used to breakout before until the last 6 months, wen i started biotin. So i need a good replacement
Common complaint w/ biotin. Check in when you get it and let us know how it goes. Try to get ones with high Chlorella growth factor like Source Naturals Yaeyama or others like Sun Chlorella. (Baby doll hair recommended both and I researched and both are the tops).

TdotGirl

Thanks to this thread, I went out and bought 100% pure powder Chlorella.

There is a whole foods in Toronto.

Btw, I smell a challenge coming!!!!

pri

Wow...I was looking for a thread like this some months back and thanks to Babydollhair she helped me a lot out w/ this one. She put me onto the Chlorella by Source Naturals and I've been taking it ever since. I take the Yaeyama tablets but once finished I will get the powder. I also drink a greenfood drink w/ all that good stuff in it by Bolthouse Farms and another but forgot the name of that one...believe it starts w/ a N. I did a lot of research on Chlorella and it is a very beneficial product that I'm glad I added to my health regimen.

Wow...I was looking for a thread like this some months back and thanks to Babydollhair she helped me a lot out w/ this one. She put me onto the Chlorella by Source Naturals and I've been taking it ever since. I take the Yaeyama tablets but once finished I will get the powder. I also drink a greenfood drink w/ all that good stuff in it by Bolthouse Farms and another but forgot the name of that one...believe it starts w/ a N. I did a lot of research on Chlorella and it is a very beneficial product that I'm glad I added to my health regimen.

Hey Girl, glad to know its working for you! ;0)

Irresistible

More about chlorella growth factor:http://www.shokos.com/CryptomonadalesCGF.htm
* chlorella growth factor helps to refresh and rejuvenate every cell of your body.*
* chlorella growth factor helps to enable your body to utilize nutrients more effectively.*
* chlorella growth factor helps to detoxify and chelate your body.*
* chlorella growth factor helps to stimulate and build your immune system.*
* chlorella growth factor helps to strengthen your body's ability to recover quickly from stress.*
* chlorella growth factor helps to combat damaging free radicals.*
* chlorella growth factor helps to accelerate and enhance the re-growth of damaged tissue.*
* chlorella growth factor helps to improve cellular efficiency and integrity.*
* chlorella growth factor helps to activate cellular functions and increases your metabolism.*
* chlorella growth factor helps to normalize the metabolism of fats.*
* chlorella growth factor helps to activate protein synthesis.*
* chlorella growth factor helps to increase the growth of beneficial bacteria in your colon.*
* chlorella growth factor helps to promote healthy growth in children without adverse side effects.*
* chlorella growth factor helps you to resist the effects of premature aging.*
* chlorella growth factor helps to enhance RNA DNA functions responsible for the production of proteins, enzymes and energy at the cellular level.*
* chlorella growth factor helps to encourage the rejuvenation of your body's own DNA RNA, thus you will look and feel younger.* Typically beginning with visible positive changes as it helps to strengthen and improve hair, skin and nails.*

and more

I have every reason to get this stuff, and not a single reason not to

years and years ago I got it or spirulina one of the other and it was soooo nasty I never took it

its gross

but I'm going to get it and take it SLOOOOWLY and seriously this time:yep:

Irresistible

Is there a whole foods in Toronto? You can get it there, that's where I got mine. If not, find a Organic, allnatural store and you should be able to find it. The online vitamin shop has Jarrow brand Yayama as well as source naturals so there is a chance you can find it there. HTH
oh and to you I saw another post about checking with your doctor before this if your taking meds

I dont know what this stuff is exactly yet, as its been a long time since I looked into it, but if it has ANYTHING to do with seaweed or kelp, be careful as you have stated there is an issue with your thyroid and the iodine in those products can jack it up

get all the information you need regarding this:yep: