• Now Chlorella Powder

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • Other Chlorella brand

Votes: 45 15.5%

• Total voters

Platinum

Ah... Chlorella. I remember when this was all the rage on this board. I haven't taken it in years! I was thinking about it when I was in Vitamin Shoppe yesterday. I'm not sure if it made a difference with hair growth but it definitely gave me more energy. I know that I won't take Spirulina again because it suppressed my appetite. I'm slender and I don't want to lose any weight.

CurlyRy

:bump::bump::bump:

I'm trying to be better to my hair and body for the new year. So I'll definitely be going back to this good stuff. I was only consistent with it one time, every other time I've been on and off it :(

Any updates from others? :drunk:

SlimPickinz

Summer where are you?
What difference have you noticed since taking it?
Regular bowel movements, less bloating. I’m no longer anemic and I think taking both have something to do with that. Other things I don’t really remember because I’ve been taking them on and off for so long.

but these vitamins make me VERY thirsty. I have to drink minimum 100oz of water or else I will be very constipated.

Platinum

Regular bowel movements, less bloating. I’m no longer anemic and I think taking both have something to do with that. Other things I don’t really remember because I’ve been taking them on and off for so long.

but these vitamins make me VERY thirsty. I have to drink minimum 100oz of water or else I will be very constipated.

I don't know why I stopped taking it but I remember noticing less bloating. I'm going to start back on Chlorella and I'm going to add Spirulina.

SlimPickinz

Summer where are you?
I don't know why I stopped taking it but I remember noticing less bloating. I'm going to start back on Chlorella and I'm going to add Spirulina.
I recently took a week off and my bloating came back in full force. My BM’s were also less frequent. This time around I’m only taking 1000mg of each chlorella and spirulina.

Platinum

I recently took a week off and my bloating came back in full force. My BM’s were also less frequent. This time around I’m only taking 1000mg of each chlorella and spirulina.

I picked up some from Vitamin Shoppe today. I definitely remember having more energy with Spirulina but it also curbed my appetite (I was trying to gain weight back then). Now I'm trying to lose some belly fat. :ohwell:

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
I picked up some from Vitamin Shoppe today. I definitely remember having more energy with Spirulina but it also curbed my appetite (I was trying to gain weight back then). Now I'm trying to lose some belly fat. :ohwell:

I take 4 tablets of chlorella and 4 of spirullina with water before I eat my one meal of the day. They are considered food. Thus, I don't take them when I'm fasting. They help me to curb my appetite, too. I stay full longer.

TamaraShaniece

Ayurvedic Life
I don’t measure measure my hair... especially since I keep it in protective styles. Everyone keeps saying my hair grew super fast since I've been quarantined since March which would have been 2 inches of growth. I feel like I gained 2 inches.

Anywho!!!!! Chlorella & MSM are definitely growth aids.

974ADBE7-9347-48D2-9CD7-3470692ADAEA.jpeg
40077B1E-AB00-4AFF-9369-009CC27858FD.jpeg
DD77BFF7-0B7F-43AA-82E5-AF56519F4AD9.jpeg

starfish

I don’t measure measure my hair... especially since I keep it in protective styles. Everyone keeps saying my hair grew super fast since I've been quarantined since March which would have been 2 inches of growth. I feel like I gained 2 inches.

Anywho!!!!! Chlorella & MSM are definitely growth aids.

Chlorella is definitely a growth aide for me. I previously took a lot of the powder and grew my hair to MBL. I just can’t stomach the powder anymore so I take 10 pills at night and morning. I will gradually increase my dose. I’m past BSL now so I’ll be at MBL in no time!

nothidden

TeamNatural95-Fractals/Zigzags
Getting back to chlorella today. I've been experiencing more shedding than usual on wash day and want to make sure I'm getting the nutrients I need. I've been eating well, but obviously something is missing. Will be including MSM crystals also. Despite being very inconsistent with MSM (taken here and there and with camu camu extract for vitamin C), my toenails and fingernails are growing like crazy.

madamdot

One of my goals for this year is to consistently take chlorella and rebuild. It’s great for your overall health and fast hair growth is a positive side effect of good health.

I was good for so long. It made skin, nails and hair amazing. It helped sort out my immune system (I have an autoimmune) helped me lose weight. I was doing really well. So well that I was able to get pregnant easily and have two relatively easy pregnancies. But I scaled way back then stopped when I got pregnant since I didn’t want to risk it. I was basically pregnant or breastfeeding for about 4 years ( babies 2 years apart). These babies wrecked my body. Well truthfully it wasn’t all the babies. My youngest was born a few months before the pandemic started and having an infant, breastfeeding, taking care of a toddler, worrying, working and isolating without a break while the world was burning used up the last of my reserves.

My daughter is now 2. I am anemic, had to have my gallbladder removed and my hair, skin and nails are atrocious. So I am going to rebuild my system. Wish me luck!

LushLox

Sorry you've had so many problems @madamdot hopefully you're on the road to recovery now. I've dealt with both of those things, anaemia and gallbladder removal and it's not a joke, it's so stressful and it takes such a toll on your body and hair.

I've just bought not, a pure cholera, it's in a green powder blend along with spirulina and other things, so I'll see how I get on with that.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I just started taking Chlorella yesterday. I’ll measure my hair and take my weight, then check back in 30 days to report my findings. I’m claiming 20lb weight loss and at least an inch of growth. Come on Chlo!

Godsdaughter001

I've started back taking chlorella. I recall it was one of the main things that caused my hair to grow like a weed. I'm also taking spirulina with it as well. I've been taking it every day (powder form) with almond milk and some agave to mask the taste :look:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I just started consistently taking Chlorella. I was drinking liquid chlorophyll in water before this. I take 6 tablets a day. I’ll update in a month.