Hits & Misses September 2014

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
J Monique's Naturals Bentonite & Rhassoul Detox Hair Mask Smells like cocoa. This had my hair curled from root to tip just wearing a plastic cap. Hair very clean and moisturized. The advantage I would give to HNH's detox mask is that it's effect was more immediate. It took J Monique a little longer. That's fine. I plan to continue to buy both.

Shay72 how was the texture of your detox mask? Mine was THICK. I tried diluting it with oil and wasn't getting anywhere. Ended up having to use water to get it to a spreadable consistency. Still didn't deter me from using it [and buying more of it], just wondering if I should expect that to be the texture.

SuchMagnificent

Taking a Break from Posting
HIT:

This Beautiful Textures Naturally Straight Reversible Straightening Texture
Manageability System!!!!
I am a transitioning natural. Last relaxer was july of 2012..No big chop..Currently BSL

I posted a initial review in the random thoughts thread but I didnt apparently I didnt finish it..Anyway..After I applied the leave in, and began to blowdry after 20 minute, I knew RIGHT THEN, that this flat iron session was going to work. My hair felt smoother, like salon smooth..and this was just with blow drying
I set my flat iron to 380 and separated my hair into 3 sections to begin that process.. 2 passes was all I needed for my hair to lay down like it had some sense..My hair is flowy, silky, and tons of movement. Im not concerned about curl reversion, curl pattern, or any of that. My goal was to be a straight hair natural and this is how I will continue to achieve that look. I was so tired of flat ironing and my hair poofing up by the time I left my house. I wasnt enjoying my hair at all, and I wasnt enjoying going out either.
My only issue is now I want to apply this to my head for every wash..lol..But Im a little concerned about not being able to deep condition and how that will ultimately affect my hair in the long run. So I decided to use the system once a month. I shampoo and condition every 2 weeks as is, so the other wash day will be used to deep condition, protein treatment if needed.
Special thanks to ImanAdero for mentioning this to me..It is a life saver so far.

SuchaLady

Last edited:

oneastrocurlie

Hit:
Shea moisture manuka honey shampoo. It did what it was suppose to. I haven't used a SM shampoo in a while so I was surprised it lathered up as much as it did. Wasn't stripping and I lathered twice. I like it enough to keep it in my shampoo rotation.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
oneastrocurlie

I'm not one to use 'Poo, but it's funny how this particular one keeps getting mixed reviews from both Naturals & Relaxed.

Some Relaxed Heads loved it....others hated it. Some Natural Heads loved it & others hated it.

Very, very interesting.

oneastrocurlie

oneastrocurlie

I'm not one to use 'Poo, but it's funny how this particular one keeps getting mixed reviews from both Naturals & Relaxed.

Some Relaxed Heads loved it....others hated it. Some Natural Heads loved it & others hated it.

Very, very interesting.

It was kinda a gamble for me. The gold label shampoo was good but it almost made my hair tangle a little. The pink label didn't even seem to lather.

I'm not going to put it over elucence but it is a good on the ground alternative for me.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@oneastrocurlie

I've been keeping up with the reviews for these products from this line.

Interesting that it seems to be both Hits & Misses for Relaxed and Naturals.

Shampoo, Conditioner and Masque are all getting a variety of reviews.

ETA: Some liked the smell....others hated it.:lol:

It's all over the place.:spinning:

caliscurls

Hits - oil rinsing. My hair turns out better and stays moisturized longer even though I do need to pull back a little in the amount of oil. Haven't found the right balance yet. - mud washes (terressentials). I didn't do the detox but I'm getting great results. So good that I haven't been conditioning. Just prepoo with EVCO, mud wash, oil rinse, ACV rinse, done. This has really helped in cutting the time on wash day. - letting hair semi dry in Bantu knots instead if braids or twists before blow drying. This helps to smooth the ends of my hair better so that they are pretty straight and just about dry by the time I go to blow dry. With braids and twists the ends were too curly and prone to tangling or drying rough.

Couldn't resist reposting this....super hit! My hair feels so soft and moisturized, yet strong. I need to resist any urge to stray from this because it's consistently working every time. Retention is great and tangles are minimum. I'm loving my hair these days and can't wait to see where it is this time next year.

lenu80

Hit - Shea moisture manuka shampoo
Black castor oil mixed with coconut, jojoba and olive oil

iamyattababe

Miss: Qhemet Biologics Egyptian wheatgrass cleansing tea..I usually love their products but this one was a NO GO!

I hated everything about it and it did absolutely nothing for my hair!! Will be listing on exchange board along with a few other products.

Bibliophile

Hair toy Aficionado
Hits:
Tweezerman's free sharpening service- You can send up to 3 tools for sharpening. You get a 50% coupon if the item can't be sharpened. I sent one of my 10 year old shears earlier this month.
ForumRunner_20140930_142239.jpg
It's in pristine condition.

Aubrey Organics customer service -
I did a major haul during their sale in August. Some of my items were out of stock, so they gave me a partial refund.
Last week I got a package from them with my items free of charge.

Sent from my SGH-T599N using LHCF

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
Hits

Joico Moisture Recovery conditioner - slip on contact! Entering staple status.
Joico Treatmeny Balm- very good moisturizing DC .. Melts into my hair, and I like the fact that it's a thick consistency.
Matrix Biolage Hydratherapie Cera- Repair- I have been mixing it into my DC's and it definitely adds a moisture boost.

Potential Hit

Linange lye relaxer- used it today and for the first time ever I didn't feel a burn or even a tingle which says a lot because I've hated lye relaxers all these years for that very reason. It left my hair looking text laxed despite all the smoothing I did. I'm just going to deal with the texture for now.

FemmeFatale

HUGE HIT:

It's pretty early (second time using everything)but the Shea Moisture JBCO line (shampoo, hair mask and leave in conditioner) and the Shea Moisture Manuka Honey hair mask is absolutely amazing. I have freshly texlaxed BSL hair and the JBCO really does great job at strengthening my strands, my hair just feels so revitalized, strong and full!

The Manuka Honey Hair mask is another huge hit, it really nourished and moisturized my strands, and plus it smells like HEAVEN!

This is my first time really getting into the SheaMoisture line and I LOVE it. I have their Raw Shea Butter shampoo which I like but the JBCO and Manuka Honey line is superior.

The only thing I'm kinda meh about is the JBCO hair lotion, it's ok.. a tab bit too watery for my taste however when I use that in conjuction with my coconut/water spray mix, the results are fantastic. I'm really excited about my hair journey!

Last edited:

Babygrowth

HUGE HIT:

It's pretty early (second time using everything)but the Shea Moisture JBCO line (shampoo, hair mask and leave in conditioner) and the Shea Moisture Manuka Honey hair mask is absolutely amazing. I have freshly texlaxed BSL hair and the JBCO really does great job at strengthening my strands, my hair just feels so revitalized, strong and full!

The Manuka Honey Hair mask is another huge hit, it really nourished and moisturized my strands, and plus it smells like HEAVEN!

This is my first time really getting into the SheaMoisture line and I LOVE it. I have their Raw Shea Butter shampoo which I like but the JBCO and Manuka Honey line is superior.

This is good to know. I really want to try the jbco line. Me and shea moisture haven't had much luck.