Mud Hair Wash=NO DC?

AMAKA127

Around March of this year I stumbled upon Naptural85's mud hair wash video on youtube. She was ranting and raving about the Terressentials Organic Pure Earth hair wash (lavender garden). She claimed that she no longer needed to deep conditioner her hair as often as she did when using commercial shampoo's. I am all for trying new products, especially ones that claim to eliminating a step such as deep conditioning. So within the last six months, I switched to the Terressentials pure earth Lavender garden organic hair wash and I must say, she was 100% correct. This stuff has to be the best buy I have made as a natural. In addition to the hair wash not drying out my hair, it has detangling properties which eliminates several minutes of my hair wash routine. Although I didn't completely give up deep conditioning, the need for it is very minimal (light proteins or natural alternatives)

The ingredients: Organic aloe vera juice, clay minerals, organic extract of organic linden flower, essential oils of organic true lavender and organic sweet orange, extracts of organic nettle, organic chamomile and organic shavegrass, essential oils of organic rose geranium, organic ylang ylang and organic clove bud.
**all USDA certified organic**

How I use the hair wash: In a spray bottle, I dilute two to three tablespoons of the organic hair wash in water and saturate the hair. I then proceed to massage my scalp and then detangle with a shower comb. Once detangled, I rinse the hair until the water runs clear.

This organic hair wash has had such a positive effect on my hair that I began exploring natural alternative to deep conditioners as well. As I researched, I came across CurlyNikki's post on at home deep conditioners.

This post inspired me to try my own at home DC, which I call the banana smoothie. Couple great things about using an at home alternative: 1. SAVES MONEY 2. You know exactly whats going in your hair and 3. The benefits you'll gain from using natural products.

Heres a link to my video on how I made the Banana smoothie: http://youtu.be/A1c_Sr2HP0U

Hope this helps!

here is the website for the hair wash any additional information: www.terressentials.com

AMAKA127

you should def give it a try ... it took me three month to convince my sister but when she finally did her only regret was not trying it sooner

faithVA

I switched to this product 2 weeks ago and I haven't DCd as of yet. I actually went the full 7 days without adding any product to my hair after washing which is something I would have never done before. I do plan on continuing to DC but will probably use a natural yogurt conditioner 1x a month. I am very happy with this product.

I am using the Left Coast Lemon though because it states on the website it is more moisturizing for those who have thick or more curly hair. Spoke to another LHCFer who had used the Lavender and she confirmed that the Left Lemon Coast was more moisturizing.

I dilute the shampoo 1 TBSP mud wash with 5 to 6 tsp of water. I usually need 2 TBSP to get through my SL hair.

I will check out your videos OP.

HennaRo

I started using this around November and have yet to dc afterwards. My hair feels amazing afterwards, never felt the need to dc. The lemon and sultry spice to me are far better than the lavender.

AMAKA127

I switched to this product 2 weeks ago and I haven't DCd as of yet. I actually went the full 7 days without adding any product to my hair after washing which is something I would have never done before. I do plan on continuing to DC but will probably use a natural yogurt conditioner 1x a month. I am very happy with this product.

I am using the Left Coast Lemon though because it states on the website it is more moisturizing for those who have thick or more curly hair. Spoke to another LHCFer who had used the Lavender and she confirmed that the Left Lemon Coast was more moisturizing.

I dilute the shampoo 1 TBSP mud wash with 5 to 6 tsp of water. I usually need 2 TBSP to get through my SL hair.

I will check out your videos OP.

I def have to try the left coast lemon next

greenandchic

Does anyone buy it anywhere on the ground? I've been eyeballing this for a while, but cant stomach the high shipping cost. :perplexed I may have to bit the bullet if I cant find it locally...

song_of_serenity

Gosh, the prices are great but the shipping. :/ *sigh*
I wonder if the bentonite clay is used but then additional items are added? The ingredients listed look very good. Could one duplicate?

hair4today

OP, co-signing on your review. I loooooooove the Terressential Mud wash. It's literally transformed my hair. I have low porosity hair that felt dry to the touch no matter what. After only 3 uses of the TE mud wash my hair is now soft and moist several days post wash day. Before using this wonderful product, I had to apply a moisturizer daily and needed to do a mid week co- wash to maintain my hair's moisture level and even then my hair always felt dry. With the TE wash my twist outs are awesome, nicely defined and frizz free. Detangling is now a breeze. In fact, I lose less than 1/2 the shed/breakage hair than I typically lose on wash day. I'm at a loss for why this mud shampoo works so well for my hair. All I know it's making my natural hair journey such a joy. I'm spending less time fussing with my hair and have so much better results to show for it. I get many compliments on my hair which I attribute to this mud wash. It definitely a holy grail product for me. I agree with the OP about using less deep conditioners. I DC because I want to not because I have to plus I have a ton of really good deep conditioners that I have to use up. When I do, I may move to monthly DCs rather than weekly which is what I do now. All I can say if you have dry, natural hair that isn't responding to products and recommended techniques and you're frustrated with your hair, you need to give this mud wash a try.

Mandy4610

I am still searching for a good shampoo/cleanser for my hair. I may have to try this once I run out of what I am currently using. Hope they ship to Canada.

hair4today

I am still searching for a good shampoo/cleanser for my hair. I may have to try this once I run out of what I am currently using. Hope they ship to Canada.
Mandy4610. Let me say that the shipping costs to Canada from Terressentials in the US was insane. I paid $27 plus they added another $7 handling fee. I loved the mud wash so much I almost didn't mind -- almost...lol I did some googling and thankfully have found a Canadian supplier, nothingnaughtynaturals.com who sells the Terressentials full line of products. I haven't ordered from nothing naughty as yet but I did a mock purchase for about $60 and the shipping was about $12. Safe to say this is a much better option for us Canadians. Although i love the lavender scent, I plan to put in a order soon with this store for the other scents.

Last edited:

Mandy4610

Mandy4610. Let me say that the shipping costs to Canada from Terressentials in the US was insane. I paid $27 plus they added another $7 handling fee. I loved the mud wash so much I almost didn't mind -- almost...lol I did some googling and thankfully have found a Canadian supplier, nothingnaughtynaturals.com who sells the Terressentials full line of products. I haven't ordered from nothing naughty as yet but I did a mock purchase for about $60 and the shipping was about $12. Safe to say this is a much better option for us Canadians. Although i love the lavender scent, I plan to put in a order soon with this store for the other scents.
hair4today, laws, that is expensive. Thank you so much for this information, Imma be checking out nothing naught for sure.

faithVA

Does anyone buy it anywhere on the ground? I've been eyeballing this for a while, but cant stomach the high shipping cost. :perplexed I may have to bit the bullet if I cant find it locally...

The stores in MD so I'm not close enough. It would be nice if they branched out into some other stores.

Sesi

So...after you use the mudwash, do you add a conditioner? leave-in? do a rinse of some sort? i know naptural 85 doesn't use ANY conditioner whatsoever. what about you guys?

AMAKA127

How does this compare to using plain bentonite/rhassoul clay?
I've done both ... the bentonite clay mask was actually really good ... but I wasn't able to detangle my hair while the clay was on like I am with the terressential hair wash

AMAKA127

So...after you use the mudwash, do you add a conditioner? leave-in? do a rinse of some sort? i know naptural 85 doesn't use ANY conditioner whatsoever. what about you guys?

Sometimes, I apply Kimmay Tubes leave in but there are time when I forget and my hair is still fine