Daily Devotion, Daily Wisdom

baddison

natural for good
Nov. 6, 2009

Devotional:

For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time [are] not worthy [to be compared] with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

Romans 8:18 (KJV)

Paul knew hardship: take a look in 2 Corinthians 11:22-33 at the list of just some of the difficult challenges he had to face. His "present sufferings" make most of our difficulties seem tame by comparison. However, Paul could say confidently that the glory he would have with Christ (cf. Col. 3:1-4) would be so incredible, with blessings so fantastic, that his hardships are minor in comparison. That glory will also be ours! Now isn't that fantastic news.

PRAYER:

Holy and Almighty God, you are awesome, glorious, and majestic. I praise you for reaching down and saving me by your grace. Father, most of the time my faith is strong and I feel confident about my future. However, at times my faith can waver when I’m confronted with grave difficulties. Give me courage and boldness, dear God, to face those challenges with the conviction that they are actually minor in comparison to the glory you will share with me when Jesus returns. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:

For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. 1 Corinthians 1:18 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
Nov. 7, 2009

Devotional:

Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God; And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner [stone]; Ephesians 2:19-20 (KJV)

"We belong!" That's what the apostle Paul is telling us. We're not outsiders or second-class citizens or "Johnny come lately" children of God. Because of grace, we belong! We are part of God's house! The foundation of that house is made up of the apostles and prophets. The cornerstone of that house is Jesus himself. Incredibly, we are also a part of this holy house of God. We belong!

PRAYER:
El Shaddai, God of the mountains and LORD God Almighty, the covenant God of Israel, from age to age your steadfast love has blessed your people with your promises, your grace, and your future. Thank you for bringing me into your people by grace through faith in Jesus. Thank you for making me a vital part of your house. Forgive me for the times that I have doubted my importance to your cause and awaken in me the realization that I belong to you, to your people, and to your house. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Wisdom:
For all the law is fulfilled in one word, [even] in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. Galatians 5:14 (KJV)

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Baddison, thank you so much for sharing these with us. Beautiful words of God's love for us.

It shines the love of your heart for God and your Ministry to encourage those in the Body of Christ.

I love Ephesians Chapter 2. It truly blessed my heart when I saw this in your post. It reminded me of a promise God made to me; a promise that He doesn't want me to forget.

Thank you so much for posting this.

God bless you. :Rose:

baddison

natural for good
Nov. 9, 2009

Devotional:
My son, let not them depart from thine eyes: keep sound wisdom and discretion: So shall they be life unto thy soul, and grace to thy neck. Proverbs 3:21-22 (KJV)

God used his wisdom to create the cosmos and all that is in it. Through his discernment, he appointed to each being and to each item its place in his dazzling display of diversity. He has chosen to share that wisdom and discernment with those who reverence him and search for his wisdom. If we will use that wisdom and discernment we will possess the greatest of all jewels and a blessing that will enrich our life.

PRAYER:
Father, I know that you will bless me with wisdom if I ask. I am asking for that wisdom, dear Father. I want to live a holy life that is clearly a reflection of your character and in honor of your holiness. Bless me with wisdom and discernment as I face the day-to-day decisions that I must make that impact the lives of others. In Jesus name. Amen.

Wisdom:
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things [are] honest, whatsoever things [are] just, whatsoever things [are] pure, whatsoever things [are] lovely, whatsoever things [are] of good report; if [there be] any virtue, and if [there be] any praise, think on these things. Philippians 4:8 (KJV)

Shimmie

Staff member
Nov. 9, 2009

Devotional:
My son, let not them depart from thine eyes: keep sound wisdom and discretion: So shall they be life unto thy soul, and grace to thy neck. Proverbs 3:21-22 (KJV)

God used his wisdom to create the cosmos and all that is in it. Through his discernment, he appointed to each being and to each item its place in his dazzling display of diversity. He has chosen to share that wisdom and discernment with those who reverence him and search for his wisdom. If we will use that wisdom and discernment we will possess the greatest of all jewels and a blessing that will enrich our life.

PRAYER:
Father, I know that you will bless me with wisdom if I ask. I am asking for that wisdom, dear Father. I want to live a holy life that is clearly a reflection of your character and in honor of your holiness. Bless me with wisdom and discernment as I face the day-to-day decisions that I must make that impact the lives of others. In Jesus name. Amen.

Wisdom:
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things [are] honest, whatsoever things [are] just, whatsoever things [are] pure, whatsoever things [are] lovely, whatsoever things [are] of good report; if [there be] any virtue, and if [there be] any praise, think on these things. Philippians 4:8 (KJV)
Thank you Baddison... :Rose:

baddison

natural for good
Nov. 10, 2009

Devotional:

Whom I have sent unto you for the same purpose, that ye might know our affairs, and [that] he might comfort your hearts. Ephesians 6:22 (KJV)

As Paul faced the difficulties of imprisonment, he was more concerned about the people in Ephesus than he was about himself. Rather than keeping Tychicus close at hand for his own personal benefit, Paul sent him back to bless the people in Asia Minor. Even in his time of difficulty and danger, Paul was concerned more to bless than he was to be blessed. Isn't that a great example to us today? We so often get upset about our minor inconveniences and ruin our attitude toward everyone around us. Paul's example should convict us and lead us to be a blessing to others regardless of our circumstances.

PRAYER:
Father, forgive me for letting my difficulties ruin my attitude. I want to be a blessing to others no matter my personal circumstances. Convict me with your Spirit when I begin to focus too much on myself and my situation. Expand my heart with your grace so that I can use my inconveniences, problems, struggles, and challenges to be opportunities to share and to display your grace.

Wisdom:
The wicked is snared by the transgression of [his] lips: but the just shall come out of trouble. Proverbs 12:13 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
Nov. 11, 2009

Devotional:

Better [it is to be] of an humble spirit with the lowly, than to divide the spoil with the proud. Proverbs 16:19 (KJV)

What is your source of significance? This proverb challenges us to view the world upside down to the rest of culture. Humility and association with the lowly and oppressed are valued by God. Abusive power and arrogance are not. God didn't just give us this proverb; he sent us his Son to demonstrate it. Now if we can only learn to live it. Ah! But Jesus does give us the opportunity to demonstrate it when he says, "Follow me!" (cf. John 13)

PRAYER:
Father, I do recognize my weakness and vulnerability to temptation, to the lure of my culture's facades, and to the pressure to be like the "popular crowd." Thank you for Jesus, who had power but displayed humility, who had position but identified with the abandoned, forgotten, and rejected. Please use me to be a difference-maker in my world by including those who are left out, forgotten, and disenfranchised. In Jesus name. Amen.

Wisdom:
He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now. 1 John 2:9 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
Nov. 12, 2009

Devotional:
Let not mercy and truth forsake thee: bind them about thy neck; write them upon the table of thine heart: So shalt thou find favour and good understanding in the sight of God and man. Proverbs 3:3-4 (KJV)
Character is measured by the love and faithfulness we genuinely display in our daily lives. These are not simple virtues that we can fake. Merciful love is displayed when we have power over another but choose to treat them with kindness and genuine concern. Faithfulness is being a person of truth -- genuine and trustworthy in word and deed. These virtues need to be a part of our everyday lives and permeate our very identity. When they do, others will notice and God will be pleased.
PRAYER:
Holy God -- faithful and compassionate, full of mercy and steadfast love -- I praise you for your example of strength and mercy, holiness and compassion, love and faithfulness. Carve these character traits on my heart as I submit myself to your will and open my life to your Spirit's transformational power. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
A sound heart [is] the life of the flesh: but envy the rottenness of the bones. Proverbs 14:30 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
Nov. 13, 2009

Devotional:
Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. Romans 8:26 (KJV)
Isn't it incredible! Even in those times when my words are blocked and my heart is heavy, God hears my prayers. It is not because I am articulate, wise, or faithful enough to pray as I should. No, it is because God has graciously placed his Spirit in our hearts to make known what my words cannot capture and my mind cannot verbalize. God hears my groanings, my yearnings, my heartbreaks, and my heart-cries. He knows what I cannot think, but only feel. Through the work of the Holy Spirit, he answers those unuttered prayers with his presence, grace, and power.

PRAYER:
Father, I am comforted by the assurance that even if I don't know what to say, you know what I cannot articulate. I trust you to answer my longings as you see fit, for I know that you know what I need far more than I know how to ask for it. In Jesus' name, and with full confidence in the Holy Spirit, I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also. Matthew 5:39 (KJV)

Butterfly08

Thank you Baddison, I love the format of these devotionals, brief, to the point and scripturally based. Are you writing them yourself? If so, awesome job! I only read the first one but I am coming back after work to read the rest! :yep:

baddison

natural for good
Thank you Baddison, I love the format of these devotionals, brief, to the point and scripturally based. Are you writing them yourself? If so, awesome job! I only read the first one but I am coming back after work to read the rest! :yep:

Yeah, I love these too. They really help me to keep things in perspective as far as my Christian walk is concerned. Unfortunatly I CANNOT take credit for authoring these. As a Pastor, my husband subscribes to multiple devitional newsletters at a time....sometimes too many..LOL! These are what he shares with his mailing list daily, and I thought it would be nice to share with my LHCF family.

This thread will become a *sticky* thread for easy reference.:yep:

baddison

natural for good
Nov. 14, 2009

Devotional:
But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him. 1 John 2:27 (KJV)
When we became Christians, we were not only cleansed by the Holy Spirit; we were also filled with the Holy Spirit. John speaks of this as our anointing. The Spirit helps us hear the truth about Jesus and keeps us from surrendering that truth to false teaching that would diminish either side of Jesus' identity -- Jesus, "God with us" or "God like us." We abide in Jesus when we hold on to both of these incredible truths.
PRAYER:
Holy and Righteous Father, thank you for sending Jesus to save me. May I never surrender my sense of wonder or my deep feelings of appreciation for all that Jesus was, is, and will be. Thank you for sending me your Spirit to help me safeguard the truth about your Son and my Savior, in whose name I pray and give you thanks. Amen.

Wisdom:
In the day of prosperity be joyful, but in the day of adversity consider: God also hath set the one over against the other, to the end that man should find nothing after him.
Ecclesiastes 7:14 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
Nov. 16, 2009

Devotional:
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to [his] purpose. Romans 8:28 (KJV)
Bad stuff happens in life. Satan has a part to play in the bad stuff. Our own sins and their consequences also play a part. The rebellion against God and the spiritual weakness in those we love bring hurtful things into our life. Sometimes, God even disciplines us to awaken us out of lethargy or to correct some sinful problem in our lives. Yet in all these things, we have an incredible promise: If we love God and are seeking to honor his call in our lives, our Father in heaven will work out all of the things going on in our life for our good.

PRAYER:
Father, I appreciate your promise to work out all things in my life, both good and bad, for my good. I ask, dear Father, for faith to believe this promise is true during painful and difficult times. I ask for patience, O God, to hang on to my convictions when trying times persist. I believe your promise, dear LORD, and look forward to what you will eventually make of me when you are finished with your work. In Jesus' mighty name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
Blessed [is] the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him. James 1:12

baddison

natural for good
Nov. 17, 2009

Devotional:
[He that is] slow to wrath [is] of great understanding: but [he that is] hasty of spirit exalteth folly. Proverbs 14:29 (KJV)
Responding quickly to aggravation, threat, insult, or difficulty suggests strength to many folks today. However, responding hastily out of anger is foolish. This response seldom produces the desired long term effect and nearly always compounds the problems that need to be addressed. Patiently dealing with frustrating and painful situations shows understanding and is nearly always more fruitful in the long run.

PRAYER:
Father, I ask for patience and self-control. I know these virtues are part of the fruit of your Spirit's presence in my life, so I ask that the Holy Spirit have more impact on my heart and life. Please give me the understanding and wisdom to keep my mouth shut until I have had an opportunity to pray and think about the issues and people involved. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Ephesians 6:13

Shimmie

Staff member
Nov. 17, 2009

Devotional:
[He that is] slow to wrath [is] of great understanding: but [he that is] hasty of spirit exalteth folly. Proverbs 14:29 (KJV)
Responding quickly to aggravation, threat, insult, or difficulty suggests strength to many folks today. However, responding hastily out of anger is foolish. This response seldom produces the desired long term effect and nearly always compounds the problems that need to be addressed. Patiently dealing with frustrating and painful situations shows understanding and is nearly always more fruitful in the long run.

PRAYER:
Father, I ask for patience and self-control. I know these virtues are part of the fruit of your Spirit's presence in my life, so I ask that the Holy Spirit have more impact on my heart and life. Please give me the understanding and wisdom to keep my mouth shut until I have had an opportunity to pray and think about the issues and people involved. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Ephesians 6:13

Baddison, your daily posts are such a blessing. Thank you so much and keep them coming. I look forward to them each day.

God bless you for having such a beautiful heart to share His peace and His word. You never know who's reading and whose heart and life you may be healing. :Rose:

baddison

natural for good
Nov. 18, 2009

Devotional:
And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this [is] the first commandment. And the second [is] like, [namely] this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these. Mark 12:30-31 (KJV)
Sometimes the most important things are not hard to understand. God wants us to love him with every fiber of our being and to also love those around us. All of his demands on character really boil down to honoring these two great principles that transcend law and bring the character of God to hearts.

PRAYER:
Almighty God and Heavenly Father, I love you. I love you for your plan to send your Messiah as a descendant of Abraham and David. I love you for your unfailing love. I love you for listening grace to hear my feeble prayers. I love you for sending Jesus and for starting your church. I love you dear God, in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Wisdom:
Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset [us], and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, Hebrews 12:1

baddison

natural for good
Nov. 19, 2009

Devotional:
Envy thou not the oppressor, and choose none of his ways. For the froward [is] abomination to the LORD: but his secret [is] with the righteous. Proverbs 3:31-32 (KJV)
God does not like bullies, oppressors, or exploiters. Those who control by intimidation and violence are detestable and an abomination to the LORD. We are not to idolize, praise, or reward those who have risen to power by exploiting others.

PRAYER:
Father and Sovereign LORD, please break the power of the oppressors who persecute and abuse your people. In the name of the Lord Jesus I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed [are] the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them. Revelation 14:13 (KJV)

betteron2day

After the trying week i have had, the last three have really been a blessing to me and the Spirit has sent the word to minister to me. Thanks for reminding me how God wants me to behave and not revert back to who i once was.

baddison

natural for good
Nov. 20, 2009

Devotional:
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1 (KJV)
At the end of the day of summer's scorching heat, where did you find your shadow of protection and refreshment? When we place our lives in the care of God Most High, we find that his shadow of protection and refreshment covers us. Even in times of difficulty, we know that he has protected us from the worst of Satan's withering attack and that his presence offers us strength that we may not often see but always can trust.

PRAYER:
Give me eyes to see, O LORD, and a heart to believe that you are there when I cannot see any evidence of your presence. Please be my protection in times of attack and my refreshment in times that bring soul-withering despair. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. Matthew 7:1-2 (KJV)

Mis007

HE IS FAITHFUL !TRUST HIM.LOVE- Father we thank you and we give you all the praise , we exhalt your name and we thank you for your mercies , thank you lord for all our daddies and mummies in the lord , for all our pastors , teachers , bishops , lord we thank you we give you all the glory, thank you lord for answers to prayers , testimonies, family and lord we thank you now in Jesus name and we all say a good amen and amen. Beloved it is well in the name of Jesus , you will succeed in the name of Jesus , the lord will visit you today and give you a new song in the name of Jesus , that issue you are facing now will turn into a testimony in the name of Jesus, may your joy never cease in the name of Jesus may the lord fill your life with good things this season in the name of Jesus , you will smile , you will be celebrated this season in the name of Jesus .

Don't feel there is no hope , God is your hope and He will help you today in the name of Jesus ...Isa 41:13; Don't feel discouraged it is all working for your good in the name of Jesus. Remain bless and trust him this morning. For He says in the book of Matt 21:22...whatever you desire in prayer, believe and you will receive amen. This what I desire will happen in your life this season in Jesus name , amen thank you Jesus! MY WORD FOR YOU TODAY IS ..GOD IS FAITHFUL AND KNOWING THIS COMES BY EXPERIENCE, MARK 11:22.

baddison

natural for good
Nov. 21, 2009

Devotional:
I will be glad and rejoice in thee: I will sing praise to thy name, O thou most High. Psalm 9:2 (KJV)
When was the last time you made up a song? The last time you made up a song of praise to God? Worried that you can't do it? Don't think it will be good? Don't worry! your only audience is your Abba Father who longs to hear your heart sing regardless of your voice's perfection or your melody's tune. He wants to rejoice and be glad with you. So open your heart and raise your voice to praise your God.

PRAYER:
Holy and Merciful God Almighty, I praise you for the sun rising and setting in glorious splendor. I praise you for the gift of grace. I praise you for the miraculous preservation of your people, even though they have repeatedly been under attack. I praise you for sending Jesus, the Son of Abraham and the Son of David, my Messiah and Lord. I praise you for raising him from the dead. I praise you for your promise to send him back for your children. I praise you for your work in my life. I praise, O LORD, and I am glad to be your child. In Jesus' name I offer my praise. Amen.

Wisdom:
Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath: For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God. James 1:19-20 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
Nov. 23, 2009

Devotional:
[[A Psalm of David.]] The LORD [is] my shepherd; I shall not want. Psalm 23:1 (KJV)
A sheep is only as good as its shepherd. We are incredibly blessed!

PRAYER:
O Great Shepherd, carry me like a lamb, tenderly in your arms and close to your heart. My life, my future, and my strength depend upon you. Please help me hear your voice above the confusing distractions around me. Under your care I have no fears. Thank you for being my Shepherd. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen..

Wisdom:
[Saying], Blessed [are] they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered. Romans 4:7 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
Nov. 24, 2009

Devotional:
For thou, LORD, hast made me glad through thy work: I will triumph in the works of thy hands. Psalm 92:4 (KJV)
Gaze into the heavens on a dark night and see the wonders of the starry hosts. Think of the incredible diversity of earth's wonders. Look at your own life and see the fingerprints of God's work in your own experience (Rom. 8:28). As Jesus said, our Father is working still (John 5:17). Yes, it does make us glad to know that we are not alone in working our own life (Psalm 139; Phil. 2:13). There is a deep-seated joy at knowing that the LORD, Creator of the universe is at work in us and for us. No wonder singing praise is such a natural response for us!

PRAYER:
Dear Heavenly Father, I praise you for power and glory revealed in the majesty of your creation. I thank you for your work in transforming and recreating me, as well. Please continue your transforming work in me. Make me what you want me to be. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Wisdom:
The poor and the deceitful man meet together: the LORD lighteneth both their eyes. Proverbs 29:13 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
Nov. 25, 2009

Devotional:
NUN. Thy word [is] a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. Psalm 119:105 (KJV)
So often, those of us who have received the blessings of faith and the guidelines of the Word of God don't fully appreciate them. Can you imagine what it is like to try to define ones worth, clarify ones values, and establish ones sense of purpose without a standard of truth? Imagine what it would be like to be lost without a map and without a compass? Remember what it was like to wake up in an unfamiliar place as a child in the pitch black darkness totally disoriented? We don't have to worry about that now, do we? God's Word -- both Scripture and his Son -- light our dark paths and show us the way home!

PRAYER:
O LORD, my Abba Father, thank you for not leaving me in darkness. Your Word lights my path and your Son, the Light of the World, lights my life. Thank you for not leaving me alone to find my way. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Wisdom:
Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God. 2 Corinthians 7:1 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
Nov. 26, 2009

Devotional:
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Psalm 23:2-3 (KJV)
Some of us won't slow down for anything! Well, almost anything. When we get "too full ourselves" and too caught up in our own plans, the LORD, our Shepherd, slows us down and makes us lie down.
Our Shepherd knows we need rest, nourishment, and refreshment and helps us, yes and even sometimes makes us, find "green pastures" and "still waters." He then leads us in the direction of his righteousness and holiness once we are rested and refreshed. Isn't it interesting that God's order for our life is always grace and then glory?

PRAYER:
Thank you, dear Father, for slowing down my frantic life and leading me to times of refreshment, rest, and nourishment. I trust that you will lead me to what I need as you mature me to have more and more of your righteous character. Please forgive me for getting too busy to hear your voice and to respond to your grace. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Wisdom:
Yea doubtless, and I count all things [but] loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them [but] dung, that I may win Christ, Philippians 3:8 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
Nov. 27, 2009

Devotional:
For he satisfieth the longing soul, and filleth the hungry soul with goodness. Psalm 107:9 (KJV)
The Bible cries out with one recurring truth: God quenches the thirst and satisfies the hunger of those who seek him. So often we try to soothe the ache in our soul and fill the emptiness in our heart with what is only a temporary satisfaction that only God's presence can fill. Let's refuse every false satisfaction and seek the LORD!

PRAYER:
Forgive me, dear Father, for trying to find the satisfaction for my soul's hunger in what is not truly sustaining. (Confess the area of temptation that most often causes you to stumble in this area -- sex, status, possessions, economic security, chemical dependency, abusing food, body identity, etc.) As I seek you, dear LORD, please make your presence known as you satisfy my spiritual thirst and satiate my soul's hunger. In the name of Jesus, my Lord. Amen.

Wisdom:
Blessed [are] they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 5:10 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
Nov. 28, 2009

Devotional:
For the word of God [is] quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and [is] a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Hebrews 4:12 (KJV)
What is the greatest tool to repair the human heart? ... by-pass surgery? ... angioplasty? ... artificial heart? ... transplant? How about the Word of God? You see, while these other techniques can be of great aid to the physical heart of people, God's tool for heart surgery is his Word. This sharp scalpel can reach the soul and spirit as well as being a physical blessing. So how much of your heart are you offering to God and his powerful heart-healing tool to touch? As you open God's Scripture, as you hear the message of God preached, why not ask for the Holy Spirit's help to help you understand, apply, and put into practice what is being taught? Let's offer our hearts to the Great Physician to do his work in us!

PRAYER:
Holy God, I ask that as I open your Scriptures and hear your Word preached and taught, that the Holy Spirit penetrate my heart and convict me of sin, discomfort me in areas where I need growth, and stir me in areas where I need motivation to be more like Jesus, in whose name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
Behold, I come quickly: blessed [is] he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book. Revelation 22:7 (KJV)